Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Wake me up when the Bugsplat ends...

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
May 11, 2024, 6:37:20 AM

Hello. I created account just for the sake of this thread. I played COH2 since like the begining till today. Never bought COH3 to support this criminal activity, so decided to try out the game when the weekend was free. I Play on old OC I-2500K + R290 which is old, but runs the game on stable ~50 FPS on LOW settings. I thought that maybe after so many patches the game will be playable and I will be only complaining on the balance, some mechanics etc - so I was getting ready to observe the gameplay itself. Boy I was wrong... I decided to play couple of 3vs3 and 4vs4 to see the battlefield quicker, and I got Bugsplat every game. Not only I feel sorry for myself for wasting time and space on my disk but I feel sorry for you guys playing with a lot of people which seem to be getting suddenly kicked out from your game, and you are left with unbalanced team.

So regardless of all that fuss around how the game is bugged I just wonder, how from the technical point of view, can you fuck up a fully working game engine from previous games. COH3 could have been just an simple upgrade with better graphics, some new tiny mechanics, improved UX and UI, based fully on working engine of COH2... But after 1,5 y of release you are now taking care of pathfinding or like adding basic, and I repeat, basic mechanics to the game. 

I just open COH3 one last time today, to enjoy the Bugsplat again after I will change settings to try it out differently, and count on the fact that I could finish the game at least once. So farewell COH3 players, I am really sorry that because of bugs that not necessarily apply to your rigs, your games are fu**** because of that.

:) 

a month ago
May 12, 2024, 10:28:24 PM

It appears that you're trying to play the game on hardware that is below our minimum system requirements. This is likely why you are encountering issues. 

a month ago
May 16, 2024, 7:47:31 AM

I understand, and your argument would be probably valid if only people with specs that don't meet minimum requirements would have this issue. However, this issue appears on specs with different properties, and simply if the game runs on decent FPS then it means, that spec is not a problem. If I have 60 fps on low details you treat it as a PC that does not meet minimum requirements? I understand that drivers are outdated and you don't test it on such spec, but having a game crash that sends me to the desktop is a result of poor code development. The game should work even on 5 FPS if necessary, without crashing. 

Appreciate your in-depth analysis.

Regards

?

Click here to login

Comment