Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Bring abandoned vehicles back

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jul 22, 2021, 8:42:45 PM

Why are they removing abandon vehicles? Its actually a really unique feature in CoH and spices up the game!. It was always a lot more intense knowing you have to dive in and destroy your own vehicle before the enemy captures it. Or make an effort to capture it and repair it,

Ive been playing the game for over 2k hours and have never found the feature to be unbearable or unfair. Its apart of the RNG in the game that makes CoH what it is. I rarely hear players complain about the feature itself.

I have a feeling its partially the "community" helpers relic brought on. I dont know their true intentions but I hope its not to make it more esports like just for the sake of it.

While getting a damaged vehicle for free is a nice bonus for the enemy team (often dont get to recover it in my matches) it also fills their pop cap up with a vehicle that might not be the useful. 

Why not just reduce the frequency or make some conditional balancing to it rather than just remove it entirely?

3 years ago
Jul 22, 2021, 8:51:57 PM

Devs could have balanced the abandoned vehicle mechanic with a special requirement of sorts. For example, having an engineer squad or an infantry squad with a repair kit begin the procedure of repairing the vehicle within 15 seconds or the vehicle will blow up on it's own.

3 years ago
Jul 22, 2021, 8:57:11 PM
RuslanY wrote:

Devs could have balanced the abandoned vehicle mechanic with a special requirement of sorts. For example, having an engineer squad or an infantry squad with a repair kit begin the procedure of repairing the vehicle within 15 seconds or the vehicle will blow up on it's own.

Not a bad idea! I think removing the feature only takes away from an experience. 

3 years ago
Jul 22, 2021, 9:40:45 PM

I also like the mechanic sometimes, even tho it is kind frustrating from time to time.

3 years ago
Jul 22, 2021, 9:53:34 PM
Munte wrote:

I also like the mechanic sometimes, even tho it is kind frustrating from time to time.

Frustrating when you cant recover it? Do you find it to be unfair?

3 years ago
Jul 22, 2021, 11:24:21 PM

this removal is another example of watering down of the CoH experience. This is exactly the kind of thing that takes away from what sets Company of Heroes apart from other RTS games. RNG makes things interesting. everything should be a calculated gamble, not a mathematical certainty like in Starcraft 2. 

The vast majority of the player base enjoys the mechanic, yet Relic wants to remove it to please a tiny minority of pro level players. it doesn't make any good sense for the game. If required, make some changes like the above where you have a set amount of time like 20 seconds to start repair or else it will blow up. If an abandon happens in a game AND it is successfully captured that is impressive because it is a near zero health vehicle/tank, eats up an infantry squad, eats up pop cap, and takes time to repair. It is also very easy to prevent capture, or kill the captured vehicle after it is captured which results in them losing the infantry they used to crew plus the unit itself.

Please reconsider removing abandon vehicles Relic!

3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 2:06:29 AM
akula wrote:

this removal is another example of watering down of the CoH experience. This is exactly the kind of thing that takes away from what sets Company of Heroes apart from other RTS games. RNG makes things interesting. everything should be a calculated gamble, not a mathematical certainty like in Starcraft 2. 

The vast majority of the player base enjoys the mechanic, yet Relic wants to remove it to please a tiny minority of pro level players. it doesn't make any good sense for the game. If required, make some changes like the above where you have a set amount of time like 20 seconds to start repair or else it will blow up. If an abandon happens in a game AND it is successfully captured that is impressive because it is a near zero health vehicle/tank, eats up an infantry squad, eats up pop cap, and takes time to repair. It is also very easy to prevent capture, or kill the captured vehicle after it is captured which results in them losing the infantry they used to crew plus the unit itself.

Please reconsider removing abandon vehicles Relic!

Exactly! CoH isnt like Starcraft where the APM is super important. If you lose a tank deep behind lines and the enemy captures and you had now way of recapping or destroying it quickly then I think its a reflection of your strategy. Not to mention you can always think of a new way to balance it out or tweak it. 

In battle when a vehicle is abandoned it causes a sort of small crisis/objective for the player and the enemy, respectively.

I also agree that listening to esports player is kind of dumb. Why water down the game for a minority of players that like a specific way of CoH to played. Cant they just have a setting turned on for them instead rather than removing the feature all together?

3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 2:08:07 AM

Was their any justification as to why it was removed? I'd like to think there's a reason. If not, this shouod definitely return. It was a unique and enjoyable aspect of COH2. 

3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 2:20:11 AM
Dieinthedark93 wrote:

Was their any justification as to why it was removed? I'd like to think there's a reason. If not, this shouod definitely return. It was a unique and enjoyable aspect of COH2. 

If I'm not mistaken its because of the community helping relic which I think are a bunch of pros or esports players.. Though i dont know if this 100% true. Just remember to bump the thread so the devs see it!

3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 2:26:00 AM

Yeah, you have to be really careless to lose a tank deep in enemy territory, if you lose it like that and they're also able to repair it, your deserve it.

3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 3:19:49 AM

I would adding that the bigger vehicle has smaller chance to be abandoned (I think they already have it in Coh2, because I never get an abandoned heavy)

Second, I would love they add another 40hp to vehicles. So instead of 4 hits 160damage to 640hp tank killing it. It will requires 5 hits (680hp), but when a vehicle hp dropped below 10%, it will always break something, either maingun, track, engine...

3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 5:07:47 AM

Seriously they did remove it? I was waiting for it to happen and thought it was now only extremely rare...

Abandonned vehicle means the crew died, not the vehicle, it adds to immersion a lot by telling the vehicle is just a shell! It's at the core of the CoH experience!

Relic bring it back, there's absolutely no good justification in the world for it to be removed x)

3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 5:01:14 AM
Wahrheitssucher wrote:
Dieinthedark93 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken its because of the community helping relic which I think are a bunch of pros or esports players.. Though i dont know if this 100% true. Just remember to bump the thread so the devs see it!

Yes this is true.

The main reason why this is out, is because the top players did not like the RNG of it losing game....

Relic has these top players sitting in coh3 advisory board, so this is a bad thing for the rest of us.

bring abandoned vehicles back in multiplayer auto-match. 

3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 5:40:03 AM
Agreed, abandonment adds an element of risk/reward that's specifically unique to the game.
3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 7:09:24 AM

1++++++++. No way, youre joking right? WHY wiuld you temove that feature??????

3 years ago
Jul 23, 2021, 7:09:56 AM

I think it's good to bring the mechanic in, but maybe U can manually disable it for turnaments and stuff Like that.

?

Click here to login

Comment