Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Teammate spawn distribution really needs to be fixed in COH3

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 1:52:08 AM

Today out of 8 games we got together 3 times in 4v4. All the other matches we played on seperate lanes and could not coordinate at all.

Our teammates had the same situation multiple times where each partner was swapped.

Pure random distribution is really unacceptable. If you are not going to spawn me next to my partner in team games, you might as well match me into a different game.

This needs to be fixed in COH3.

Getting 4 games in a row (50:50 chance of course) without playing with your queue partner, only to see the spawn system randomly place 2 soviets together and 2 brits together essentially crippling your team to a 30% winrate from the start - is an extremely bad look for the game, terrible for balance and very frustrating.

On secondary priority after partners are matched, the spawn system should distribute the factions out as it is always a big disadvantage to have 2 of the same on one side while the other team has a perfect distribution.

Updated 3 years ago.
3 years ago
Aug 2, 2021, 8:18:41 PM

Again 6 matches played, 1 game with my teammate..

2 matches the game set both soviet players together and the 2 brit players together, which is basically like the placement system deciding that you will lose with 80% odds at random

3 years ago
Aug 2, 2021, 10:05:13 PM

Imo i dont see a problem. Distrubution means nothing.

I dont wanna play vs arranged teams all the time, while i play with randoms.

The only way i can see this implemented is, if at players are queued with other at players.

IN your example: 2 players wanna play 4v4 together -> Matchmaking queues them with 3 other teams of 2.

If you wanna play with your mate -> 2v2

Updated 3 years ago.
3 years ago
Aug 3, 2021, 11:40:48 PM

Well this is wrong however. Distribution means a ton. Playing 2 soviet  - 2 brit side by side without your teammate versus a perfectly matched stack of OST OKW  OST OKW with teammates matching - you can basically leave the game as it so blatantly unfair that there is no point playing.

We don't want to play 2v2. There is far more teamplay in 4v4 than in 2v2 if you are next to each other. If I want to play 2v2 it should be because I want to, not because of terrible design decisions forcing me to play a mode I don't like because it otherwise with the flip of a coin ruins the experience of playing with friends by not letting me play with my teammate.

Its insane that this system hasn't been fixed in all these years.

Updated 3 years ago.
3 years ago
Aug 4, 2021, 12:40:59 AM
ShrikeGFX wrote:
Pure random distribution is really unacceptable.
BaronVonKieselberg wrote:
I dont wanna play vs arranged teams all the time

Premades and Multiplayer Balance

Harris wrote:
My suggestion is as follows - if you're playing as a premade party of 2 (3, 4) people, your matchmaked opponent must also include a premade party of 2 (3, 4) players. Only when such conditions are met it would then further account for the players' average ELO and the like.

3 years ago
Aug 4, 2021, 8:52:58 PM

That is another good point, of course that is very unfair but at this rock bottom we are at right now I'm simply satisfied of being able to play with a teammate

3 years ago
Aug 6, 2021, 10:31:25 PM

And another day, playing the entire evening and not once can we play together

?

Click here to login

Comment