X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense Tactics in the weakest!

Urban Defence tactics (ussr general) in the weakest! Not even a PPS in conscript! I think that it should be! rebalance pls!
    There is not even a shock infantry! mine anti infantry! PPS conscript.
    Last edited by Evilo4ek; 12-15-2013, 09:06 AM.

It was too hard for some people to use common sense counters for a machine gun, and now Relic has ruined the only good thing about this commander by nerfing the DShK. It meant nothing to people that pushing DShKs from the field practically won you the game. No...they wanted to nerf this commander to the ground like with the 120mm mortars.

I wish I could face an opponent who was dumb enough to use this commander after the nerfs, but sadly it doesn't happen very often, if at all.
    Could've scored me some easy wins with the use of basic units like the sniper and 81mm turbo mortar, and maybe holding off on choosing a commander so I can see which commander the Soviet chose.

The mortar half track can counter every single unit in the Defensive Tactics, and the best part is that you can also have the Tiger and defensive smoke while he has absolutely no heavy unit for late game because he sacrificed it all just so that he can have a shiny machine gun that has no real advantage after like the first 3 minutes.

gg Relic, wp...
    Last edited by C0ffeebeanz; 12-15-2013, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Defense doctrine USRR is a very strong start doctrine. You can get a unit similar to all T2 units without building a T2. It actually pretty strong in team games where the defense player can spam off map units while the other tech up.

Comment

I think he means Urban Defense Tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hale View Post
          I think he means Urban Defense Tactics.
          you're absolutely right!

Comment

Urban defense is again a doctrine that work better in team-fights. A forward base can be a very strong early advantage in a team-fight.

Comment

While the early DSHK was sometimes a problem to deal with(I still remember the game on rails&metal where I had it lock eastern fuel from me), there is absolutely no reason at all to pick the doctrine now.
              Early DSHK was the doctrine. Now you are only crippling yourself by going that way.

@Vipper
              You need to play the game more and less try to be Nullist carbon copy from CoH2.org saying that things that are UP are fine, unless they are on german side.
              There is not a single reason to ever pick this doctrine because maxims arrives much earlier and got much more impact then DSHK.

edit: oh you were talking about urban defense, OP got me confused.
              Well, in that case not much changes the fact that this doctrine is extremely weak as well, even in team games, FHQ is still least cost effective ability for it.
              Last edited by Katitof; 12-15-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Katitof
                @Vipper
                You need to play the game more and less try to be Nullist carbon copy from CoH2.org saying that things that are UP are fine, unless they are on german side.
                There is not a single reason to ever pick this doctrine because maxims arrives much earlier and got much more impact then DSHK.

Katitof you need to actually read what I am writing before you answer. Did I speak only of the Dshk? I said you can get similar units with the T2 without bundling it. That mean you can get sniper and mgs, mortars, AT while paying for only 1 building. I never said things are fine, there is always room for improvement, things currently are not broken.

The reason one would use this doctrine is to have strong start while he allows his teammates to tech up so they can be strong in later game. I actually pick this doctrine several times in Rostov map.
                Last edited by Vipper; 12-15-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

And you need to finish reading posts before you start to reply.
                  I underlined that I noticed we're talking about different things here, but the previous is just as valid so I didn't removed it.
                  And let me say this again-since CP change the doctrine does NOT offer stronger start, it doesn't offer any start, in fact it cripples your late game now without giving you anything for early game, because at 1CP there is no single reason why would anyone want DSHK or 45mm AT gun over guard or shock doctrines, especially now that soviet buildings aren't being build for 5 minutes anymore.
                  All of these lead to the doctrine being both, directly and indirectly nerfed to the point where its useless for early game as you can have cheaper or better substitutes from T2 far far earlier.

Please, play with this doctrine first a couple of games and see if its as fine as you think it is. 45mm are nice, but they are not nearly enough to justify not going guards for T1 builds.
                  Both, Urban defence and Defensive tactics are currently one of the weakest doctrines soviets have, there is a reason why no one uses them. Urban defense was popular only because there was an exploit with it, defensive tactics was popular because 0CP DSHK, fixed urban is useless and provides nothing meaningful for early or late game, defensive was overnerfed leading to same results-things you'd need early come too late for it to be appealing over T2.

Comment

And katitof
                    And you need to finish reading posts before you start to reply.

I did finish your post, It seems that you did not read mine since I wrote:

"I actually pick this doctrine several times in Rostov map" (defensive tactics community)

and you replied to it:

Please, play with this doctrine first a couple of games and see if its as fine as you think it is

So I have actually played several times with it, I post that I did and yet you advice me to play a couple of games, so either you didn't read my post or you did not understand.

Further more I did not say its fine. I said it allow for a strong start, that work better in team games. The fact that you don't have to build the T2 building to have access to units similar to T2 units mean that you can:
                    1) build a T1 and use sniper with mgs, moratrs and atg.
                    2) flood the battle field with units even up to around minute 10 without building anything allowing your teammates to get fast tanks.
                    Last edited by Vipper; 12-15-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X