Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Company of Heroes 3 - Campaign Map Overview

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 2:13:51 AM

In Company of Heroes 3, you lead the campaign at a scale never before experienced in the franchise. By your arsenal of coastal raids, airborne landings, naval destroyer gunfire, strategic bombing, or civilian resistance the Winter line must be broken! It's Rome or bust.

For the soldier, sailor or airman, the Mediterranean was the beginning of a long journey home. That journey will be directed by the course of actions you take, your strategy is their story.

UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER

You’ll begin play by selecting a Battle Plan, outlining your intent to drive on Rome with American or British Companies spearheading the assault. Campaign companies such as the First Special Service Force or British Indian Artillery will present you with unique troops to smash the Axis positions on the dynamic campaign map.

These companies represent your military formations at the strategic level, comprised of combat units, officers, and support abilities.

To knock the Axis out of Italy and ultimately break the Winter line, you’ll have to capture and consolidate key strategic locations, such as seaports, airfields, and railheads. By securing these locations, you’ll establish shipping lanes from across the Atlantic, build air supremacy and lay the framework for a rapid advance on Axis positions.

INFLUENCING COMMAND 

As Theatre Commander you direct the strategic movement of your air, navy and ground forces, but that isn’t everything that will demand your attention. Your subordinate Commanders, the upright British General Norton, the no-nonsense American General Buckram and the cunning American-Italian Captain Valenti of the O.S.S. each have an agenda, and will challenge your strategic aims, your forces, your resources and your resolve.

Priority tasking of your combined arms to support their needs will build Influence with each subordinate Commander. Continue to support them and unlock global upgrades to rapidly establish airfields after consolidating or improve the sabotage effects of Partisan groups on enemy supply lines.

Build solidarity between the commanders to execute your strategy, strengthen the Allied coalition in Italy and get your troops the tools they need. 

STRATEGIC RESOURCES, TACTICAL ADVANTAGE

Your actions on the dynamic campaign map improve the tactical advantage your troops have when launching story missions at historic flashpoints of Ortona, Salerno and Monte Cassino. Skirmish missions are triggered when companies collide on the battlefield, these encounters will benefit in the same way. So, keep your Campaign companies well supported, and victory will be yours!

Strategic support can come from Partisan strongholds, airfields brimming with fighter-bombers, offshore naval destroyers, or additional companies in close support of the lead element.

Once in place, before the mission or skirmish begins, you’ll be able to select which of these strategic advantages to prioritize as support options for your gameplay through the RTS action of Company of Heroes 3. Expect options for aerial reconnaissance, naval gunfire support, Partisan saboteurs, and additional units to call-in where reinforcements are needed most. Companies supported by strategic resources under your control will expand the arsenal and ensure more of your men complete their journey and make it home.

In the coming weeks we’ll dive deeper into various areas of the game, a focus on features, units and what you can expect from the Axis in Italy. Here at Relic, we couldn’t be more excited to have you be part of our CoH-development initiative and to be first to play Company of Heroes 3. Welcome to the Mediterranean!

Updated 3 years ago.
3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 5:54:19 PM

Out of curiosity, did Unity of Command in any way inspire the turn based campaign elements?

I'm Super excited to be able to merge turn based strategic gameplay with COH-RTS gameplay.

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 5:55:21 PM

The grand strategy aspect is cool as heck. I loved the similar concept in Dawn of War 1 and Ardennes Assault, and I love it here.

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 6:07:49 PM

Wow i love it! cant w8 to see how the MP will be and now i will enjoy the SP Campaign! THX GUYS 

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 6:37:47 PM

Hi what nations will be in the game? Italians added?

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 6:45:20 PM

Tell me there will be Brazilians as a faction/general plz plz

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 6:53:15 PM

Excited for this new take on the CoH franchise! Looking forward to playing the preview!

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 7:01:01 PM

Its a very cool idea to have this dynamic campaign map. Gives you much more context to where you are fighting and why it is important. Looking forward to trying it out

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 7:05:58 PM

Будет совместное  прохождение компании?

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 7:10:45 PM

waiting for my download to finish soo that i'm be able to try the alpha!! 

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 7:11:41 PM
Teix343 написал:

жду завершения загрузки, так что я смогу попробовать альфа-версию !! 

Me too

Updated 3 years ago.
3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 7:14:14 PM

I haven't played yet.  I certainly hope this one is closer to COH1 instead of the flop that is COH2.

3 years ago
Jul 13, 2021, 7:34:00 PM

Will some/a unit have a Northern Irish/Irish voice like in CoH2? I see the Commandos voice has been changed to an English one.

?

Click here to login

Comment