Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Grasshopper Easter eggs

Copied to clipboard!
12 days ago
May 7, 2024, 1:48:11 PM

If i tell you: 4th AD, Bazooka, and recon plane, what's get on your mind ?

Let's talk about it: The US Airborne battegroup in CoH3 gave you the oportunity to call in area air recon. When the position is set, the ability send a

Piper L-4 Grasshopper to orbite around the designated position. The Piper L-4 is an unarmed plane, very light, able to land and take off on short range.

Let's now talk about "This":

Isn't it 3x Bazookas on his both wings ? Piper L-4 Grasshopper isn't it supposed to be unarmed ?

Let's now talk about the REAL history of the Major Charles Carpenter.
In short, Carpenter was assigned an L-4 Grasshopper for artillery spotter role and reconnaissance missions. Inspired by other L-4 pilots who had installed bazookas as anti-tank armament on their planes, Carpenter added bazooka launchers to his plane as well.

I found nice to see the Dev add it in the game. When you are an historic fan, loving such fact, it's a joy to spot such things in the game.

At the end, i don't think it's the Carpenter's Grassopper, because we are in 1943 and Cartpenter join the fight with the 4th Armored Division in 1944 in France. Historically, this wouldn't be accurate (that's why Easy 8 and M24 shouldn't be in the game btw), but as said, many pilot added AT weapons on their L-4 for a more aggressive capability

Updated 12 days ago.
?

Click here to login

Comment