Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

3. German Faction

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jul 24, 2021, 5:27:16 PM

Heyo Guys,

I think there should be at least a 3. German Faction, as the allies have 3. This would add some kind of variety in strategy. Also this could be Fascist Italy. In the end this is a game about battles in Italy, there should be a Italian part to it!

3 years ago
Jul 24, 2021, 8:56:55 PM

It's hard for me to imagine more than 2. I would go back to CoH 1 roots and add a (normal) Wehrmacht faction, and then something a bit more specialized like Panzerelite, where your whole army mostly consists of one core unit, which is very versatile and that can be specialized into any role that you need it to be. Plus you have a lot of interesting mechanized options like the Schwimmwagen, munitions halftrack (ability reload buff), vampire halftrack (stole enemy resources with), etc. That seems to be a good difference between factions.

With Italy (or even Afrika Korps) I can't see how it differs in its core from the previous two. They're so similiar, jsut with different skins. Italian units or Afrika Korps would be great as exclusive campagin units where you can unlock skins for the multiplayer. But as standalone factions, I don't see them.

Maybe Japan might be easier to pull of as a 3rd Axis faction, but one needs to do some research on how to implement it.

Updated 3 years ago.
3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 3:09:05 AM
janbitw wrote:

It's hard for me to imagine more than 2. I would go back to CoH 1 roots and add a (normal) Wehrmacht faction, and then something a bit more specialized like Panzerelite, where your whole army mostly consists of one core unit, which is very versatile and that can be specialized into any role that you need it to be. Plus you have a lot of interesting mechanized options like the Schwimmwagen, munitions halftrack (ability reload buff), vampire halftrack (stole enemy resources with), etc. That seems to be a good difference between factions.

With Italy (or even Afrika Korps) I can't see how it differs in its core from the previous two. They're so similiar, jsut with different skins. Italian units or Afrika Korps would be great as exclusive campagin units where you can unlock skins for the multiplayer. But as standalone factions, I don't see them.

Maybe Japan might be easier to pull of as a 3rd Axis faction, but one needs to do some research on how to implement it.

I disagree, Italy should be added as whole faction, while Africa Korps  and Panzer elite could be  battlegroups for Germans, this make a lot of sense, since the stock units are bigger this time, and I find it hard to make two different German factions, also a lot of players want new fresh faction for the Axis like Italy, and as the opposite to what you said Japanese is harder to be added than Italians. and I hope they don't back to this design of two German factions.

3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 6:19:48 AM
Ali wrote:
janbitw wrote:

I disagree, Italy should be added as whole faction, while Africa Korps  and Panzer elite could be  battlegroups for Germans, this make a lot of sense, since the stock units are bigger this time, and I find it hard to make two different German factions, also a lot of players want new fresh faction for the Axis like Italy, and as the opposite to what you said Japanese is harder to be added than Italians. and I hope they don't back to this design of two German factions.

Yeah, I think Italy needs to be included as well. As for Germany, I think there is easily enough to draw from to make two factions.

3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 7:28:26 AM
janbitw wrote:

I hope Japan is included in CoH3. The design of the current game is designated for the island hopping in the pazifik!

3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 1:42:06 PM
digitalosaurus wrote:

I hope Japan is included in CoH3. The design of the current game is designated for the island hopping in the pazifik!

It really isn't. It's designed for the Med, with the focus still being ground combat with a lot of tanks where the Japanese will fall apart and get stomped.

?

Click here to login

Comment