Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Maps for Defensive Players

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jul 24, 2021, 8:26:34 PM

I know I’m getting a little ahead of the development stage here (this is really a multiplayer request) but I’ll throw it out there anyway. My single biggest frustration with COH2 vs vCOH was the choice of maps for defensive players. Don’t get me wrong, there are some fantastic defensive maps in the game, but my buddies and I have logged hundreds of hours in COH2 alone, and despite trying a bunch of different maps, I’d say 80% of our comp stomp games end up on the same four or five maps, because there wasn’t a lot of opportunity to create choke points in most of the maps. 

I’m sure that was an intentional design decision for COH2 (the maps fit the faster more frenetic play style) but in terms of solving the “how to please comp stompers and ranked players with the same game” conundrum, map diversity is probably an easy solution. Give us maps with a variety of choke points, bridges that can be blown and rebuilt, tight city maps with defensible corridors ETC and you’ll be well on your way to pleasing our corner of the fan base!

3 years ago
Jul 24, 2021, 9:57:43 PM

If all you're doing is Comp Stomping then the solution to not having maps that suit you is to just go on the workshop and download them... Or learn the worldbuilder and create your own. Either way, you're playing Custom Games anyway, so I'm not sure it matters if there aren't "official" "Defensive" maps.

3 years ago
Jul 24, 2021, 11:03:48 PM

We tried that. But there’s a big difference between a carefully designed and balanced map VS most of the community content. It certainly was never an issue for us with VCOH.

3 years ago
Jul 24, 2021, 11:47:25 PM

There's really no shortage of great defense maps on CoH2's workshop. I play comp stomp mainly too there are tons of great ones. Sittard Summer, Achelous River, Heidelberg Crossing, Trois-Points, Carentan(bridge version), Lyon, The Scheldt, and many others. 

3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 6:44:19 AM

Maybe if they wanted player vs player defensive maps they could create some kind of new game mode.... I miss the Tales Of Valor tank game mode from vCoH and the one that played like a League. That shit was fun as fuck. A defensive game mode coulde be something similar to that where one team is tasked with pushing up the hill while the other team waits for the endless artillery and eventual tank push?

3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 10:54:31 AM
Filmgeek47 wrote:

We tried that. But there’s a big difference between a carefully designed and balanced map VS most of the community content. It certainly was never an issue for us with VCOH.

Comp stomp maps are unbalanced by definition

?

Click here to login

Comment