Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Additional Win Conditions

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 27, 2022, 7:25:43 PM

In the Helping Hans video they mentioned that there must be other ways to play that decrease the time of completion of the game. I have a proposal to include two additional victory modes in the same game, one is similar to oe4 , where they capture three places for 10 minutes and you win the game. In coh3 you can implement the condition of taking the 3 stars for 5 or 7 min and you win the game. I got another idea from Empire Erth2, to take territories, in coh3 you can implement the condition of taking 80% of the territory (supplied) for 3 minutes and win the game (in the image map there are 14 territory points 11 of they are 80%)

So in addition to annihilation the game would have 4 win conditions, aoe4 has 3 

edit

Refining the idea, maybe taking the 3 stars for more than 4 minutes in general will never happen (I have not seen a replay in which someone captures the 3 stars that long) so it is more likely that 2 stars will be captured for a time of 5-7 minutes as a victory condition, that victory condition will be available after going to phase 4, if the rival captures two of the three stars the count is reset and the countdown begins for the rival

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Aug 18, 2022, 12:02:14 PM

edit

Refining the idea, maybe taking the 3 stars for more than 4 minutes in general will never happen (I have not seen a replay in which someone captures the 3 stars that long) so it is more likely that 2 stars will be captured for a time of 5-7 minutes as a victory condition, that victory condition will be available after going to phase 4, if the rival captures two of the three stars the count is reset and the countdown begins for the rival

2 years ago
Aug 18, 2022, 12:38:27 PM

maybe they could make a variation of the speed of Vp, a higher speed for late game and lower in early?

2 years ago
Aug 18, 2022, 6:26:50 PM
Punzybobo wrote:

I don't see a reason to fix something that is not broken.

Here they comment on the duration of the games, minute  https://youtu.be/9P32Kx467KI?t=3961 

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Aug 18, 2022, 7:01:08 PM

Well one reason matches drag so long in CoH2 is map design. Crossroads for example has this problem where munitions income is almost never interrupted. The map is totally open by the late game so you cannot really fight against long range units. It just enables defensive play and allows for situations where both sides compete to camp harder.

2 years ago
Aug 18, 2022, 9:50:42 PM

Automatch should stay the way it is. Game Length is totally fine

2 years ago
Aug 19, 2022, 8:32:35 AM

Yeah thats a no from me. Your system only takes away from the game without offering anything beneficial. I can think of better Systems to combat certain issues but i am sure relic is already aware of those and has ideas how to deal with them. 

2 years ago
Aug 19, 2022, 10:28:48 AM
SOS Eutanasia escribió:

Sí, eso es un no de mi parte. Su sistema solo le quita juego sin ofrecer nada beneficioso. Puedo pensar en mejores sistemas para combatir ciertos problemas, pero estoy seguro de que Relic ya los conoce y tiene ideas sobre cómo lidiar con ellos. 

I think a VP ticket system will reward those who play better and penalize those who play badly, if both have the same level it will not affect the duration of the game at all, the topic is in another thread

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Aug 19, 2022, 10:36:41 AM
NorthWeapon wrote:
d0ggY wrote:

Automatch should stay the way it is. Game Length is totally fine

100%. Please do not touch game length. Maybe a completely different gamemode to automatch like offense/defense objective, idk

the idea is not to reduce the time of the game, it is that the game is competitive rewarding who plays better, an even game will last the same.

In this forum they should collaborate to raise the ladder of the game and not simply be a veteran of the conformist game that does not accept changes

a year ago
May 29, 2023, 5:46:45 PM
HasanIchess wrote:

edit

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2979656008

?

Click here to login

Comment