Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

My experience as a Relic content creator.

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Feb 12, 2023, 12:41:23 PM

This is a post aimed at explaining the situation that has developed in the past few days and expose the problems that are currently affecting the community and its members.

I’d like to start with the fact that I was kicked without any notification from any official Relic source.

I woke up one day and the “privileges” granted by the creator program were gone, I didn’t have access to the Private Discord chat for the creators, the website for the promotional code didn’t work anymore (not that it ever really did) and my discord role as a “creator” was removed, all without anybody telling me why or what happened.

So I started suspecting that something changed and decided to DM the moderators of the discord channel trough ModMail but I was ignored and so I decided to DM JohnRE and ask for an explanation. After a good part of the day he answered telling me that they essentially forgot to notify me and that I was kicked because of my behaviour and comments towards other players and members of the community.

It goes without saying that I felt deeply hurt and surprised at this immense lack of professionalism and great disrespect that has always been a prominent thing troughout my partnership.

I joined the creator program back in August of 2022 thinking that my privileged position would greatly help the development of the game not only because I regularly streamed on twitch for more than 2 years at that point but also because I played the game almost every day at an above average level. 

Unfortunately that’s not what happened, the promises of the Coh-Development ended up being empty for me and the interaction with the Relic staff was incredibly underwhelming, JohnRE was the only one who interacted with the creators and more often than not answering in a very vague manner our questions or straight up ignoring them, effectively rendering the chat useless since we ended up knowing as much as everybody else.

Feedback also wasn’t received well from my experience, I made a very detailed and objective Feedback post about call ins back when the US deep dive came out and the first response that I got was “play the tech test and then let us know” which I found to be, again, disrespectful and quite condescending since the whole point of the Coh-Development was to involve the community and their feedback BEFORE the game would be launched.

I would like to talk about the reason why I got kicked and why I don’t think it’s fair.

Ignoring the fact that the reasoning why I was kicked is, again, extremely vague and uncertain, I have reasons to believe it was because someone reported me for some things I said in a private discord channel. What I mean by that is that I most likely broke the code of heroes while talking to my friends, most likely by making jokes about them, and those words were taken out of context by someone and sent to relic which then acted upon the rules set by them.

The code of heroes does apply to third party platforms such as Discord but I believe it’s not fair that the stuff said in a private enviroment such as a closed discord group can be subject to judgment and end up getting you banned. 

The code of heroes doesn’t apply only to creators but to every member of the community meaning that anybody is subject to scrutiny even in their most private enviroments. I really dislike this procedure as it greatly limits privacy and inflicts paranoia on everybody who worries about their spot in the community.

Overall I found the partnership to be a terrible experience, giving up creative liberties and suffering from constant paranoia on anything I say or do in any setting for little to no upside. The one true bonus that I got was coh3 for free, which I’m very grateful for but when put into perspective and compared to the 3 years of streaming everyday for 3 hours it ends up not being much at all.

I hope things will change in the future and the handling of the community improved to not only guarantee a better enviroment but also a better gaming experience.

a year ago
Feb 12, 2023, 9:02:02 PM

Thank you for your contribution Flappy, it was extremely interesting 

a year ago
Feb 16, 2023, 5:03:19 PM

Thanks for your input. There are always two sides to every story. One question I would have for you is, "Would you publicly share what you said what was considered offensive?" If you have to think about that for a moment, maybe you were in the wrong and should do better next time.

Do I think Relic should have given you a reason more than just breaking "the Code of Heroes?" Probably. Again, however, we don't know what you said. In my experience with this community, no offense, a high percentage of people say very outlandish, lewd, racist, and very offensive things. I imagine if you hovered even remotely close to that, they just don't want to deal with you. I genuinely wouldn't blame them for that. 

As someone else said - some IRL advice - none of these companies actually owe you anything. Unless you legitimately sign some contract with them stating that you can't be fired for x, y, or z and in case you do, here you go, yeah you won't get squat. You have to protect your own ass, man, and just move on. 

Edit: Based on what I've also read in the subreddit, it sounds like you have a reputation for being very toxic and saying stupid shit. If a company doesn't want to associate with behavior like that, then they have every right to kick you. You still have not leaked, anywhere, what you have said because I truly believe you said - probably borderline things I previously mentioned are said by lots of people in this community - some really stupid shit. Lesson learned, and most of us don't know who you are, tbh. 

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Feb 22, 2023, 11:05:32 PM

AceHiro has been one of the most active COH2 streamers in the last two years (or more). 

As every streamer, I think that everyone might do that because of the love-addiction to this game and the community. Nothing more. 

At this point, he deserved to be part of the content creator program imho. However, being kicked in that way sounds very unethical and tyrannic at the same time. I think that he wants to say that a yellow card or warning regarding an explicit behaviour might be enough. The problem seems to be that his "bad behaviour" haven't taken place in a public context so that that fact of him being kicked can't be reasonably justified imho.

Ace, never forget to have fun please and I hope you still enjoy us with your funny streams!

?

Click here to login

Comment