Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Game crashes on modded map. But crash happens around 30* minutes into the round.

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Oct 29, 2023, 7:19:30 PM

Hi,

I've been trying for over a month now to roll back to find a "stable version" of my map, it seems that I can get to a point where it is stable enough to play. 

But when I then start to re-add the content, the level starts crashing again.
I've tried to narrow it down by only loading certain layers, and re-adding them bit by bit into map. But they all seem fine. Its the combined weight of everything that kills it. (it seems).

What is the most frustrating part is that the bugsplat / warning / crash dump / logs etc... contain zero information to what is the problem, they simply state the file you want packaged to send.

I'd be sort of happy if it crashed instantly on load of a skirmish, coz then there is a definite quickly reproduceable error.
But to string me along & work perfectly fine for over 1/2 an hour and then to crash soooo late in the game (Anni / VP doesn't matter), is truly heart breaking. :(

Is there any way within the tools you have supplied to allow us to extend the debug information to help us point towards the problem.
I'd be happy to even zip it up and send it over to you if to have a look (in-house).

I've tried stripping out everything; river / impass / reduced to 1 active terrain material.

Please help, I'm sure there are others in a similar position.
Many thx in advance.

7 months ago
Oct 31, 2023, 2:03:17 PM

Are you using any playbills? 

Are you using any tuning packs?

Are you using any mods? Or just plain jane vanilla map?

Make sure your graphics settings are at 30 FPS. 60 FPS does crash levels right now.

Updated 7 months ago.
7 months ago
Oct 31, 2023, 8:31:09 PM

Hey dude, yeah plain vanilla. nothing special.. base stuff - points & VP's

7 months ago
Nov 3, 2023, 8:40:34 PM

I feel your pain... it is an imperfect canvas.

?

Click here to login

Comment