Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

SS Angriff checking out

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Mar 30, 2023, 4:55:23 AM

OK guys, I have loaded up the mod in the editor & now have hundreds of things to fix as they have changed whole variable strings & removed many components. Add this to the fact that the mod seems to be being deliberately lowered on STEAM listings & pushed below other mods, even though it has more users, more favourites & more awards is an affront.

I know for many of the 20,000+ subscribers, this is the only way they will play COH3, & I am cognisant of that. But after the latest update & the pricing structure they are wanting for skins, the locked out versions of the editor & the notes in the editor where they list they are doing this line of code because they cant fix the "precaching bug" I feel these 100s of fixes are going to become the norm. I am really very, very tempted to uninstall the game & walk away.

I know I am not alone in the disappointment in the game, to have mixed reviews on a top-level title like this has to be making a few RELIC people uncomfortable.  My actual concern is that they are not, that this will sell well on the reputation of its predecessors & everything else is irrelevant.  I know many of us laboured for years with bugs that were never addressed by the company in the last iteration.  I am not optimistic for the issue fixing in this new version.

a year ago
Mar 30, 2023, 5:00:34 PM

Hey there. Your mod shouldn't be getting de-prioritized on the store. I also don't think our team has any control over that. So it might be worth opening a support ticket with Steam to see what might be happening. I really appreciate all your modding work and the team hopes to continue improving the mod tools in the future to alleviate issues like you've outlined above. 

a year ago
Mar 30, 2023, 5:11:31 PM
John_RE wrote:

Hey there. Your mod shouldn't be getting de-prioritized on the store. I also don't think our team has any control over that. So it might be worth opening a support ticket with Steam to see what might be happening. I really appreciate all your modding work and the team hopes to continue improving the mod tools in the future to alleviate issues like you've outlined above. 

Is there a way you can separate Tuning Packs from Maps? Give each their own distinct sections? This may help address the issues...

a year ago
Mar 30, 2023, 8:42:19 PM

Adler, my mod didnt change at all not sure what has happened to your mod. As far as delisting what would be the purpose. I know its frustrating not being able to create units or use and thing renamed, it makes its hard to create and implement different ideas. My Forward Operation Bases I created are all the same due to UI positions and inability to create new positions using the same abilities, the only thing you can change is units spawned cause that is menu specific. Cannot edit the command trees either. Hopefully this will all be open down the road. I dont script at all but I can make some nice changes in the mods. My Armor Fun mod is completely tested after update and working great check it out and have hope brother. The new Forward Operation bases was a cool idea and hard to implement but it worked. Might give you some more ideas for your mod going forward. 

a year ago
Mar 31, 2023, 1:15:33 AM
John_RE wrote:

Ta John, I appreciate your words & love the passion you have for the game.  Good Luck with the journey ahead, you have a job I do not envy at this point in time.

a year ago
May 5, 2023, 9:08:09 PM

I just completely redesigned my SS Angriff mod & reballanced it. I had a grueling 2-hour game vs the AI last night & actually think I may have fixed the game. A good ballance of Inf, light -> medium -> heavy armour, plus the AI playing really well with no game modes needed. Most of the battle was stalemated across the centre of the map as an Allies vs Axis battle played out well.

Some units I have not seen the AI use also appeared which was great. I have really refined a formula to do the price of things which seems to have really opened up the game.

Worth a look before you walk away. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970522546/myworkshopfiles/?appid=1677280

I have been trying to walk away... but confess to enjoying 'fixing it' as it feels it could be more... with a bit of help.

?

Click here to login

Comment