Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Was it a mistake to release coh3 on console!

Copied to clipboard!
10 months ago
Jul 25, 2023, 11:40:36 AM

The Emerald Bear patch is releasing at time of righting on pc while both the Xbox and PS5 have yet to receive a single patch, no new maps or content. Relic are happy for console games to pay full price for their game yet have given it no support. The briefing about Emerald Bear from Relic on utube once again gives no news to console gamers what so ever. RTS games on console are a hard sell as it is, this is not a good look Relic. 

10 months ago
Jul 25, 2023, 6:54:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We know the update cadence on console is frustrating. We're working on shortening the time between when an update comes to PC and when it comes to console. Our hope is to have the Console Edition up to 1.1.6 (Brass Leopard) in the next couple months.

10 months ago
Jul 26, 2023, 5:56:46 PM
John_RE wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. We know the update cadence on console is frustrating. We're working on shortening the time between when an update comes to PC and when it comes to console. Our hope is to have the Console Edition up to 1.1.6 (Brass Leopard) in the next couple months.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately that sounds like console will be behind for months if not even years. That’s very frustrating, I basically bought it for nothing at the moment and wish I could return it. Because to fully enjoy multiplayer we need plenty of players which needs crossplay which needs equal patching, not to mention proper mouse and keyboard support.

I believe the console market is ready for RTS but you need to make it easy for players.

10 months ago
Jul 27, 2023, 3:40:56 PM

I love that this game is on console. I'm honestly not in that big of a hurry to see the patches as the game feels pretty good right now. I'm not complaining. Take your time, do it right! 

10 months ago
Jul 30, 2023, 6:19:04 PM

It’s great that there’s a game like this on console, but without frequent patching and support people will simply leave the game and it’ll fail. I agree that crossplay would be a massive help, but ultimately it’s the patches that need to come thick and fast 

10 months ago
Jul 30, 2023, 8:05:00 PM
John_RE wrote:

I appreciate the information but as a major console player. It would be nice if there was more communication, we've seen many company's leave console out to dry.

10 months ago
Jul 31, 2023, 4:58:22 AM

I also loved this game is on console.  Almost wet myself when I saw it announced ?. Finally a proper RTS and so want this game to do well so other RTS games may follow.  Total War being the dream.  

But it stinks we pay full price and not get same updates as PC.

I mention it again. Please atleast Hotfix zoom out 

9 months ago
Aug 10, 2023, 7:53:56 AM
GreenApple92 wrote:
John_RE wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately that sounds like console will be behind for months if not even years. That’s very frustrating, I basically bought it for nothing at the moment and wish I could return it. Because to fully enjoy multiplayer we need plenty of players which needs crossplay which needs equal patching, not to mention proper mouse and keyboard support.

I believe the console market is ready for RTS but you need to make it easy for players.

True words!

Very pity, they did not implement one game engine for all platforms, since it is anyway x64 architecture and with specific GPU commands... I am really disappointed, how could that happen???

I mean they I would expect more professionalism of such a company.
The game engine besides that aspect of lacking crossplay support looks good and is fun to play.

In my opinion it is truly the right time to connect each platforms to together, which should be possible.
I guess e.g. manager or whoever just made bad decisions to implement that game without cross platform support...

LOL? NO ITS NOT!!! LOL anyway... again, how could that happend for a multiplayer focused game???

I started singleplayer and dropped it, since MP is the heart of the game. And this is since a long time... I am talking from the perspective of the last two decades....... so expecting cross platform play should be no surprise to the people who design the game, maybe they just focused to much on singleplayer experiance on consoles with that useless pause button ROFL?!

Sorry for my ironism, but I am really disappointed by such game design decisions.

If they would listen to the community, RELIC would have a much higher success with that game.

I could also imagine besides a bigger player base, tournaments and play events for the community, if the community could be unified and not split into different platforms....

NOT UNDERSTANDABLE.... such a great game which does not gets what it deserves e.g. the RTS THRONE for lots of people all over the world connected by one platform....

I could even imagine this game as a service like Call of Duty did and Battle Field is going to.... LOOOOOL.

But hey, it is up to the moderator (@John_RE) to forward such information to the higher management level if they do not have it on the focus for the future and long success of their company...

One last thing, wasn't there a release on the mobile marked for Android?! LOL...

Again, make one platform. Players will play it or not. But it is very likely that the acceptance will be high and the success too...

Please do not bother me with controller and k&m controls topic, I play on controller and it is awsome! Let players choose what they want...

9 months ago
Aug 11, 2023, 2:45:55 PM

BTW. console market has grown bigger than the PC market for gaming and will even grow bigger...  

Myself switch last year completely from gaming on PC to console, since windows and playing with M&K just sucks after many years of using it.

Here is a report about the PC and console market from 2023...

https://hc.games/pc-and-console-gaming-report-2023/

I also assume, that COH3 has the potential to be the ice breaker for RTS gaming on consoles... :-D.

cross platform play would be a win win for the manager and company pocket and also for the community ...

Best
bucs

?

Click here to login

Comment