Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Crossplay between consoles

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
May 30, 2023, 11:08:06 PM

Hi! 

The question is: if I have Xbox Series X, can I play with my friend who has PS5?

THX!!

a year ago
Jun 2, 2023, 9:29:57 AM

Why not ? Most games have crossplay now if we had Pc crossplay I might get a game! There’s not enough players for multiplayer to survive 

a year ago
Jun 2, 2023, 9:57:37 AM
John_RE wrote:

Unfortunately CoH3 does not support crossplay. 

WOW, are you for real!? 

I must accept I missed this when I was casually checking info that CoH3 is also going to be released for consoles - with hopes it's going to increase playerbase...

So you developed a game which has the most appeal in multiplayer, release it for  different platforms and NOT HAVE crossplay? 

a year ago
Jun 3, 2023, 11:27:03 AM

I‘m also very disappointed about it. It would be a great way to increase overall player base.

In case you are concerned about unfair matchups, as far as I know in other crossplay games you can select what type of opponents in automatch you’re searching for eg what platforms and/or what input devices. I used to be a heavy CoH1 and 2 player on PC but I moved on to PS5 only and would be very happy to battle some PS5 automatch with M&K vs. other PC players.

a year ago
Jun 7, 2023, 6:36:09 AM

Hi,

I personally do not see a stable future without cross play ...

I have played coh2 over 2000 hours on multiplayer and the player numbers were shrinking and shrinking.

Here with coh3 unfortunately the situation is even worse from start, players already have gone or returned to coh2.

I have switched to console gaming and I am patient with the further progress of coh3.

Development will take some time if Relic is listening to the community and in overall to improve the game though.

The controls on the XBOX are pretty good with controller.

What we need for sure is cross play! This will help to increase overall player base and also get more players come to coh3 on especially on consoles!

The game has so much potential...... for me the best overall RTS game on consoles yet!

For me it feels like a revolution to play such a potent RTS on the console with such good controls on the controller!

I can imagine, that even more players will play it on consoles, if the games gets what people are asking for.

And multiplayer is the core component of that game and that again needs cross play!

RELIC listen to your community, no one knows that better...

You did the right thing to bring it on consoles, but please do not stop here!

Best

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Jun 7, 2023, 8:12:54 PM

Crossplay is needed for this game to survive. We need to play Pc and ps5 so the player base remains high 

10 months ago
Jun 18, 2023, 7:04:49 PM

On XBOX X, yesterday like 18min waiting the matchmaking... for sure this will be worse in the next few weeks if they do not patch, balance and add content. Crossplay is a must in 2023 multiplayer games.

?

Click here to login

Comment