Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

XBOX Series X Single Player campaign will not Save.

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
May 31, 2023, 9:30:59 PM

You can not save the single player campaign. The save button will not work. Why was this not included in the XBOX series X review? How was this missed ? Skirmish and co-op work fine but if you want to progress in the campaign then be prepared to stay up in one session for about 25 hours plus, as you can not save the game no matter what you try to do. Curiously the PC players had this same problem earlier in the year when a patch came out and corrupted game files to stop saves from loading all together. Not sure if this was fixed on PC. Shame the devs did not fix this in the console version as I have a feeling its the same problem. Game looks good, skirmish plays very well if a little too hard on standard mode. Why no "Easy" option. But a lack of a save option that works in a single player campaign is unforgivable.

a year ago
Jun 4, 2023, 10:14:01 AM

Mine works fine finished the African campaign. Hard quit the game if ya get issues should work again 

a year ago
Jun 5, 2023, 3:03:34 PM
worgan69 wrote:

You can not save the single player campaign. The save button will not work. Why was this not included in the XBOX series X review? How was this missed ? Skirmish and co-op work fine but if you want to progress in the campaign then be prepared to stay up in one session for about 25 hours plus, as you can not save the game no matter what you try to do. Curiously the PC players had this same problem earlier in the year when a patch came out and corrupted game files to stop saves from loading all together. Not sure if this was fixed on PC. Shame the devs did not fix this in the console version as I have a feeling its the same problem. Game looks good, skirmish plays very well if a little too hard on standard mode. Why no "Easy" option. But a lack of a save option that works in a single player campaign is unforgivable.

Were you able to autosave after getting past Salerno? Or were you much further and still couldn't save? That shouldn't be happening and might be an isolated issue. Let us know or reach out to our support team here

4 months ago
Jan 16, 2024, 4:10:00 AM

I had simular issues with saving. In my first lap my file got corrupted so I lost all my progression. I started again, today I had a CTD when I tried to launch the game multiple times I got a black screen, I restarted the Xbox and I could get into the game but I lost a lot of progress again, I saved multiple times in every battle and during the campaign map, but they are all gone... It's hard to experience these issues, it is a waste of time, cause the battles are great I'm a big fan of the series but having to complete again the same skirmishes and not advancing in the game multiple times sucks a lot. Pls fix this or assist

3 months ago
Feb 29, 2024, 8:55:30 AM

I have exactly the same issue, game crashes during Potenza fight, won't start until i hard reset Xbox series S and after starting again i lost several days of auto saves.

When can we expect a fix? I paid good money for this game but the amount of crashes makes it impossible to play.

3 months ago
Mar 4, 2024, 11:57:04 AM

I found that if you don't close the game correctly, and open it again (quick resume option of Xbox) you won't be able to save, I have manually saved each skirmish around twice and on the grand strategy map 1 o 2 times per turn. Also I have been deleting all the autosaves, just leaving 1 or 2. This has worked for me in the campaign. Also I try not to spend too much time in one game, at least 2 hrs. Bc I lost a lot of progress at the beginning. I hope this gets fix with the spring patch

2 months ago
Mar 13, 2024, 1:51:54 PM

quick resume is the cause of most errors I have on Xbox. I wish there was a way to disable it.

2 months ago
Mar 14, 2024, 7:43:02 PM

Once you close the game, select the game and close it from the Xbox menu too. In that way it won't be on your quick resume queue

a month ago
Apr 11, 2024, 8:19:51 PM

Is there a fix for it crashing have contacted both xbox and sega and all they say is delete reinstall have done this 8 times still same problem and also factory reset xbox

?

Click here to login

Comment