Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Hotfix broke keyboard usage

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Jun 14, 2023, 9:15:02 PM

The hotfix today (June 14th) just completely broke being able to use a keyboard. It's now not working at all, mouse is fine. 

a year ago
Jun 15, 2023, 12:08:21 AM

Hope they take out m&k functionality in Console, cause it is meant for joystick. M&K is way to advantageous against joystick players.

Ive just played against a guy that was remarkably noticiable that he was playing with M&K. I quit cause I had no chances at all, starting for the non posibility of queue orders.

a year ago
Jun 15, 2023, 7:24:41 AM
V2rockeets wrote:

Hope they take out m&k functionality in Console, cause it is meant for joystick. M&K is way to advantageous against joystick players.

Ive just played against a guy that was remarkably noticiable that he was playing with M&K. I quit cause I had no chances at all, starting for the non posibility of queue orders.

And I want them to keep KB&M controls, I find the controller controls too awkward and slow to use

a year ago
Jun 15, 2023, 12:50:49 PM
AndySimpson96 wrote:
V2rockeets wrote:

And I want them to keep KB&M controls, I find the controller controls too awkward and slow to use

Play on Pc then. Standard input in console is joystick, or does the XBOX bring along the joystick a M&K?

It feels like Im forced to buy M&K for my XBOX just to keep up the pace of players like you, that don´t want to play a game that was specifically develop for console.

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Jun 15, 2023, 2:46:00 PM

Then there needs to be something in matchmaking which stops that happening, I don't and won't be playing online anyway 

a year ago
Jun 15, 2023, 3:04:13 PM
AndySimpson96 wrote:

The hotfix today (June 14th) just completely broke being able to use a keyboard. It's now not working at all, mouse is fine. 

Can you provide some more information on this? What modes or missions are you playing? What brand of keyboard are you using? Any and all info will help our team figure out this issue!

a year ago
Jun 15, 2023, 6:52:05 PM
AndySimpson96 wrote:

Then there needs to be something in matchmaking which stops that happening, I don't and won't be playing online anyway 

This is a very good option indeed. If Relic wants to stay with both options (because there are players who want to play with M&K dispite being on console), we should be able to filter the matchmaking by amount of players (as we do now) and control input.

This way, we take disadvantages off the table.

a year ago
Jun 15, 2023, 8:17:21 PM
John_RE wrote:
AndySimpson96 wrote:

Can you provide some more information on this? What modes or missions are you playing? What brand of keyboard are you using? Any and all info will help our team figure out this issue!

BTW. I found issue/bug with keys on PC.

To reproduce this bug we need click Esc -> player list -> close player list. After this we cant click ESC, F1, F2.. etc. To fix that we need click by mouse other unit or something.

a year ago
Jun 15, 2023, 8:31:49 PM
John_RE wrote:
AndySimpson96 wrote:

Sorry, was in the main dynamic campaign and across all screens as for brand I don't know it's just a standard office style keyboard which worked previously before the update. 

a year ago
Jun 15, 2023, 8:41:06 PM
V2rockeets wrote:
AndySimpson96 wrote:

This is a very good option indeed. If Relic wants to stay with both options (because there are players who want to play with M&K dispite being on console), we should be able to filter the matchmaking by amount of players (as we do now) and control input.

This way, we take disadvantages off the table.

Only solution I can think of is that's it's an option as part of the match making and it locks the input to that option until the match is finished

a year ago
Jun 19, 2023, 4:22:07 PM
AndySimpson96 wrote:
John_RE wrote:
AndySimpson96 wrote:

Sorry, was in the main dynamic campaign and across all screens as for brand I don't know it's just a standard office style keyboard which worked previously before the update. 

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I've asked the team to look into this.

a year ago
Jun 23, 2023, 7:10:12 PM

I'm using a logitech G502 hero mouse and razer keyboard, not sure brand. I'm on PS5 and it will not work. I've done the tutorial and the Italian campaign gela and Calabria missions.

a year ago
Jun 24, 2023, 9:08:36 AM

it seems to be a bit hit or miss for if it works for me, i seem to have better success if everything is plugged in before loading up COH3

?

Click here to login

Comment