Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Encountered a severe memory leak (apparently reproducable) on my 34th turn in the italy campaign

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Mar 24, 2023, 4:14:11 PM

So, I've been playing the campaign on and off again and today decided to get back into it. 

I am on turn 34 of my italy campaign and after ending said turn, I get an "notification" that the axis are moving their aircraft from Foggia up north. A plane flys up to the (for some reason) neutral airfield of Pignataro Maggiore and then the game just starts to break. Looking at my task manager the RAM usage spikey immediateley from 10GB up to 16GB (Which is my max) and then it floods the page file until the game crashes.

I've upped my pagefile to 50GB on a dedicated SSD, still happens, just takes a good while longer.

So my campaign seems now bricked and I have no clue what to do. Any help?

a year ago
Mar 24, 2023, 6:39:23 PM

I faced something similar regarding that airfield (Pignataro Maggiore) but in my case, the airport was captured by my squad then got bombared until went neutral. Then re-tried to capture it and game bugsplats.

So my best advice is to load a previous save and try to either cap it before the enemy planes try to land there or start a new campaign while it gets fixed.

Please remember to submit a report ticket :) 

a year ago
Mar 24, 2023, 7:01:12 PM

Thank you very much for the reply!

I will try reloading and capping it - will post here if that helped.

And sure, I'll submit a ticket!

Thanks!

EDIT: Quite interesting, I immediatley went into an earlier save and tried to capture it. As soon as my forces entered the airfield (Which only gave me an "Enter" cursor, not a capture one) the ram issue started again. So apparently as soon as any unit enters the airfield, the game bugs out.

Welp, time to start a completely new campaign I guess. And report this issue.

Thanks again!

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 30, 2023, 9:58:52 PM

Exact same problem today.  I used also the previous AMD drivers but its the same. After a while there is a Ram leak

a year ago
Apr 1, 2023, 10:01:43 PM

So, I narrowed down the issue, at least for me.

So far, it only happens EVERY time I try to capture GAETA

Updated a year ago.
7 months ago
Oct 21, 2023, 6:30:07 PM

I have same problem. I tried firstly to capture it. Game crashed. So I tried to avoind the airport, but the Germans now moving their airplanes, i am stuck. Any advice?

PS: I sent alredy two bugs report. Fisrt in spring. Second today. 

?

Click here to login

Comment