Logo Platform
Company of Heroes Legacy
Universe banner wording

Old Guy needs help

Copied to clipboard!
5 months ago
Nov 28, 2023, 2:08:42 PM

So i just got a new laptop with a dedicated GeForce and bunch of other specs. 

I haven't bought a laptop in over 10 years, so this is a huge upgrade. Anyway, I went to my old PC Game collection and started trying to install them since I now have a way to do it.

Even the old laptop had terrible specs and couldn't game on the titles of it's time.

When I dropped in my original copy of COH, it just got stuck on "Validating Install". 

I tried running in compatibility mode Win 8 (the laptop is 11) and it still won't go past "Validating Install".

I'd really love to be able to play this again, and there is something nostalgic about running it off the CD. Plus my son is really showing interest in this time period and I'd like to share the game with him.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

PS - I know I can just pay $5 or whatever on steam, but like I said, I like that I have this on CD Still.

5 months ago
Dec 1, 2023, 8:18:13 PM

Update, I gave it another try and it worked. Thanks for the help

5 months ago
Dec 6, 2023, 3:54:05 AM

About the video game 'Company of Heroes 1' which is released by a real company?  did every first release of the Company of Heroes series have the same campaign mission?  For example, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes - Opposing Front, Company of Heroes - Tales of Valor, and Company of Heroes - Legacy Edition.  When I open each series of game applications it shows that the campaign mission is the same.  Also, I'm wondering what is the difference between each series in this first release of Company of Heroes even though when I open it up it has the same campaign mission?  try to explain in more detail about this game

?

Click here to login

Comment