Grittle's Wild Outback Adventures: USF Weapon Racks

4 years ago
CRIKEY! Would you look at that rack!
img-006.jpg

NO not that one, this little bugger!
BBD8D68C76F60C866F32A70A3FD66497DF1C29FD

YES, THIS OVERSIZED PICTURE SHOWS THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE USF: THE WEAPON RACKS

But, what the bluhdeh heck is wrong with such a fine, magistic creature? aside from the near uselessness of the bazooka and overprice munitions cost, But that is for another time....

The REAL Problem is the inability to let your teammates acquire the might of the USF dakka. because lets face it: The Bazooka might be bad... BUT THE PTRS ON THE OTHER HAND.....

But why would our lord and savior R(elic)NJesus not let the poor, poor, USF not partake in the ancient art of Lend-leasing? I mean, its not like the United States actually did lend-lease and did it in the billions?????

Solution: ​Let any teammate collect Uncle Santa Sam's Goodies to spread cheer to the Axis! (With a 25% increased Muni Cost for the teammate of course...)

"But Why the Extra Cost??? OMG gritle u so axs fanboi u su-" AHEM, I think a +25% cost is their to give any fellow USF an incentive to use their own weapon racks and not leech of the poor fellow teammate.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT, I, GRITTLE, HAVE PRESENTED ANOTHER FORM OF BALANCE FEEDBACK TO BALANCE THE ALWAYS BROKEN 3v3 and 4v4 MATCHUPS

NEXT TIME ON OUTBACK ADVENTURES: THE CLIPPED-WINGED DUCK OF GERMANY...

okw_pzhq_portrait.gif

OKW FLAK 38 EMPLACMENTS!

Comments

4 years ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 1,979
    So basically through the US unlocking Racks its teammates should get access to them as well? How about no. I for one am not eager to see Bazookaed-up Shocks running around the battlefield being able to hold their own against everything but the heaviest of armour. Allowing other factions to gain the US's flexibility would break the game.
    4 years ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,129
    It would certainly fix the scaling issue with Conscripts...

I doubt that would be a very good idea though, would just turn 4v4 into even more silliness, which definitely needs less, not more.
    4 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993
    Hingie wrote: »
    So basically through the US unlocking Racks its teammates should get access to them as well? How about no. I for one am not eager to see Bazookaed-up Shocks running around the battlefield being able to hold their own against everything but the heaviest of armour. Allowing other factions to gain the US's flexibility would break the game.
    60 + 15(25% Lend-Lease Charge) = 75

That 75 Munitions could be used for 3 Grenades.. or 1 zooka that can barely deal with medium armor.

Sure, they can pull up a few muni cahces.... but what about them early T34s or Shermans?

​Its a trade off. Better AT or AI Infantry or more Insta Gib Boom for Grenades.

Also Vuther, 4v4 was and will always be silly. its no use.
    4 years ago
    Hingie wrote: »
    im with Hingie on this, the last thing we need is blobs of infantry that take hella focus firing to bring down, armed with heavy AT to tackle the already paper thin axis armour, even ifit would reduce their already pathetic dps at anything farther than an arms length away...it would be far worse off than a volks blob as zooks are pathetic, shocks are far more expensive, no damage at any range and armour and rec accuraacy is pretty much the same dog just a different color, it would mean that the MGs ontop of every damn german tank would have to earn his keep tho..
    but seriously i think this is a neat idea, but if it was to come i think it would end up as a dlc commander, cause relic and big changes...
    4 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,014
    Honestly, I'm more concerned about shocks with double 1919s. THAT would be a colossal pain in the ass to deal with, given they have real AT guns to cover them.

During the Alpha the idea of being able to use your allies weapon racks was tested and found to be too broken, which is why it wasn't implemented in the game.
    4 years ago
    Lazarus wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm more concerned about shocks with double 1919s. THAT would be a colossal pain in the ass to deal with, given they have real AT guns to cover them. During the Alpha the idea of being able to use your allies weapon racks was tested and found to be too broken, which is why it wasn't implemented in the game.
    Maybe then, if it was a doctrine, it would not have 1919, it coukd be to st soviet as air support is to okw
    4 years ago
    Aahhahah! Thats funny post, really) Continue it in same style! :D

And about topic, seriously, why axis troops (non-doctrinal, normal) can have a heavy weapons like MG-42/34 LMG or Schrecks and become a wipers of tanks/infantry, but soviets cant? Is there any problems, to see and fight against conscripts with bazookas or BaRs? Conscripts are most useless kind of troops in late-game, same for penals! Doctrinal Shocks are cool, yea, but not against obers (which are not doctrinal). Guards are simply conscripts with PTRS and DP-28, and both are useless weapons itself.

So, why not to make them more usefull with USF lend-guns? Good idea to increase a price for them, would be perfect to make able taking from racks guns for everyone! In other way, it is not fair, when even stupid volks can have schreck, grenadeers MG-42 LMG and obers that futuristic STG with sight (where did you find it?).

More than that i like crying of axis "If cons/shocks/anyotherUSSRinfantry will have M9s and BaR they will be OP and they will wipe out everything". Ok, but axis troops with MG-34s and Schrecks already wipe our glassy tanks, paper infantry and run away to HQ without any problems, so, for axis, it seems, fair play is playing only in their way. Simply scared to meet troops, which are equial to those. Scared of picture, how cons, armed with M1919 kick asses of "uber-obers" and guards with M9s turns their Panthers into Syberian Kittens. Scare to be... Allies players.
    4 years ago
    Lazarus wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm more concerned about shocks with double 1919s. THAT would be a colossal pain in the ass to deal with, given they have real AT guns to cover them.

During the Alpha the idea of being able to use your allies weapon racks was tested and found to be too broken, which is why it wasn't implemented in the game.

70 + 18(25% Lend Lease Charge)= 88 Munitions

That is quite the hole in your muni wallet, considering that the Soviets actually has worthwhile callin arty
    4 years ago
    Grittle strikes again. XD
    4 years ago
    Grittle strikes again. XD

Yes, Im Silent....
    But Deadly....
    4 years ago
    Jarms48Jarms48 Posts: 403
    Interesting idea. Though if implemented, I'd like to see the Opal give resources to teammates again too. Though at a decreased rate 25-33%
    4 years ago
    GenObiGenObi Posts: 1,368
    Boy it would actually be nice to use conscripts as combat units again.....but of course thats historically inaccurate because the russian soliders are good only as cannon fodder
    4 years ago
    GenObi wrote: »
    Boy it would actually be nice to use conscripts as combat units again.....but of course thats historically inaccurate because the russian soliders are good only as cannon fodder
    Unless russian secretly means German it aint gunna happen. When a Puma has more pen than allied mediums despite having an itty bitty gun its quite clear. I wouldnt be surprised if the okw flak truck out penned them tbh... But alas, again, this would make cons have a chance, and we all know that is not allowed