Importing Campaign Maps

4 years ago
ThanManThanMan Posts: 2
Is it possible to import one of the maps from the Company of Heroes Campaign and then modify it?

Specifically, Elsenborn Ridge from the Ardennes Assault standalone.

Comments

4 years ago
    Guess you can always extract the .sga with the archive viewer, and put it on the worldbuilder, if thats what you are asking.

If so, just find the archive containing the corresponding map.

I don't know if you can play the modified version though.
    4 years ago
    You can certainly extract it from the archives and it does open in worldbuilder. So it means that it is very much possible to convert them but you'll need to add starting locations correctly and modify the map's scar script to not break because of the data that comes from the campaign map that would be missing.

Additionally, I would be somewhat worried about the fact that those maps are in fact DLC/Expansion maps. Relic are still yet to release their terms for what is allowed and what's not in regards to modifying DLC content and distributing it through workshop.
    4 years ago
    Thank you both for your responses.

At the very least I'll play around with it.