List of all hotkeys

5 years ago
Hi,

Does anyone have a link to a complete list of hotkeys for CoH 2. I have a terrible time trying to search it out because of the prevalence of "How to change CoH 2 hotkeys" type results (not interested in that).

Thanks!

Comments

5 years ago
    daspoulosdaspoulos Posts: 2,633
    There's nothing sorry. You're gonna have to just memorize what you see.
    5 years ago
    dmsdms UKPosts: 534
    There used to be a full list but that site seems to have gone and yes, every time you search now you just get hits on how to re-map keys using autohotkey.
    5 years ago
    Yeah... took me two weeks to discover there was a tactical map, and a week after discovering the map to finally stop searching for all hotkeys at once via "coh 2 hotkeys", and just search "coh 2 tactical map hotkey". I got caught up in a search for every key I might not have known existed, and got distracted from my original mission when I discovered how silly hard that is to search out at the moment.. I am pretty sure now that I have discovered a hotkey for a tactical map I know of all CoH 2 features and hotkeys, but I am going to say... I am only pretty sure because apparently a complete list of hotkeys apparently nowhere exist, so how would I be sure?

My message to devs: Making the game design decision that hotkeys should not be rebindable does not imply the UI should not present a completely list of hotkey features for users to browse. You put an enormous burden of knowledge on your users when you omit the list. Part of the function of a hotkey rebinding screen is to teach users what their options are...

Starcraft 2 gets this right.
    5 years ago
    SpecialkaSpecialka Posts: 1,396
    Would be good if we could map hotkeys as we want. Because hotkeys from Relic SUCK A LOT
    5 years ago
    TorniksTorniks Posts: 368
    Specialka wrote: »
    Would be good if we could map hotkeys as we want. Because hotkeys from Relic SUCK A LOT

Actually I've been playing with the new grid-based hotkeys (switchable from the settings) for a week now and they are more logical plus save you time.
    P.S. Hard to shake off old key habits though - retreating instead of reinforcing because you pressed R instead of F, etc. But once you get used to it, it's definitely better than the old system.
    5 years ago
    OMG I decided I didn't know my map ping options, so I went searching again and I finally ran into a complete list...

Attack Move A
    Attack Ground G
    Stop S
    Retreat T
    Reinforce R
    Reverse Drive U
    Enter Primary Build Menu V
    Enter Secondary Build Menu B

Select HQ F1
    Select Tier 1 Building F2
    Select Tier 2 Building F3
    Select Tier 3 Building F4
    Select Tier 4 Building F5
    Toggle in-game menu ESC or F10
    Activate mini-map capture point ping CONTROL + C
    Activate mini-map attack point ping CONTROL + A
    Activate mini-map defence point ping CONTROL + D
    Toggle next idle vehicle ALT + /
    Toggle next idle infantry ALT + .
    Toggle all vehicles CONTROL + /
    Toggle all infantry Control + .
    Toggle team chat ENTER
    Toggle all chat SHIFT + ENTER
    Rotate and tilt camera ALT + MOUSE
    Reset camera tilt BACKSPACE
    Reset camera rotation BACKSPACE x2
    Pause the game PAUSE/BREAK
    Assign selected squad(s) to control groups 0-9 CONTROL + 0 – 9
    Select control group 0 – 9 0 – 9
    Lock camera to control group 0 – 9 0 – 9 x2
    Toggle Tactical Map NUMPAD 0
    Clear all selections ESC
    Cycle through units from a group oflected squads TAB
    Set rally point RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON
    5 years ago
    DudeDude Posts: 576
    Qutsemnie wrote: »
    OMG I decided I didn't know my map ping options, so I went searching again and I finally ran into a complete list...

Attack Move A
    Attack Ground G
    Stop S
    Retreat T
    Reinforce R
    Reverse Drive U
    Enter Primary Build Menu V
    Enter Secondary Build Menu B

Select HQ F1
    Select Tier 1 Building F2
    Select Tier 2 Building F3
    Select Tier 3 Building F4
    Select Tier 4 Building F5
    Toggle in-game menu ESC or F10
    Activate mini-map capture point ping CONTROL + C
    Activate mini-map attack point ping CONTROL + A
    Activate mini-map defence point ping CONTROL + D
    Toggle next idle vehicle ALT + /
    Toggle next idle infantry ALT + .
    Toggle all vehicles CONTROL + /
    Toggle all infantry Control + .
    Toggle team chat ENTER
    Toggle all chat SHIFT + ENTER
    Rotate and tilt camera ALT + MOUSE
    Reset camera tilt BACKSPACE
    Reset camera rotation BACKSPACE x2
    Pause the game PAUSE/BREAK
    Assign selected squad(s) to control groups 0-9 CONTROL + 0 – 9
    Select control group 0 – 9 0 – 9
    Lock camera to control group 0 – 9 0 – 9 x2
    Toggle Tactical Map NUMPAD 0
    Clear all selections ESC
    Cycle through units from a group oflected squads TAB
    Set rally point RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON

They really should take the time and effort to make a decent PDF manual with the hotkeys, the basics, and some historical background as well as hints and advice about the game.

I don't see why making one would be that hard.

Their current approach is to make you wander all over the place to get news and info such as:

"Follow us on the various associated twitters."

"Follow us on the various associated facebooks."

"Follow us on the various associated instagrams."

"Follow us on the various associated twitches."

"Follow us on the various associated pod castings (if you can find out where and when we actually make you aware we are going to do a pod cast)."

"Follow us on the various associated menu selection pages on various websites."

"Do lots of web searches to see if you can find the important and essential game information and instructions that some nice soul has actually taken the time to make easily available to you."

"Just watch a bunch of replays and play that way (at least until a lot of stuff gets changed in the next patch)."

This new approach is akin to ordering a meal in a fancy restaurant and then having to find out which waiter handles which part of your meal. You then have to get up and wander the restaurant to find each waiter before you can get that part of the meal that you now have to bring back to your table. Once you have done that, you now have to go looking for the next waiter to get the next part of the meal. Oh, and don't forget to tip each waiter each time.

I know that every time we click on one of these sites the person involved gets a "tick" and with enough "ticks" they can eventually get some $, but it is one of the most disorganized ways of dealing with information I have ever seen. It's like going to a big old-fashioned library and finding they have no card catalog system at all - just go find it yourself.

Unless I missed it, however, one of the most useful tools I have found in CoH2, especially in larger pop cap battles, is to hold down CTRL and then left click on the different TYPE OF UNIT shield icons in the upper right hand corner to group select all units of that particular type together. For example, if you can use it to form a 3 unit platoon of Shermans and a 2 unit platoon of Jacksons to form a combined tank task force.

Thanks for putting that info above. :)
    5 years ago
    Rommel654Rommel654 Fort Eustis, VAPosts: 934 mod
    I agree it sometimes feels that way.

I don't think the information flow chart was built from the ground up, but instead taken from an existing, antiquated system (THQ, old servers, old 3rd party software) and is a work in progress (new servers, migrating platforms that are not sync'd like steam, facebook, twitter, twitch).

Processes that are not transparent like beta testing, balancing, new products and DLC that are obviously important but priorities are not transmitted. Everything can't be a priority because when that happens, nothing is a priority. Probably impossible to build a information and communication network jumping in midstream without it seaming like patchwork.

I believe they are working on several things, but I don't know what has the priority: From their communication on the forums I gather stuff like...

1) Balancing Patches
    2) Bug work (lots of bug work)
    3) Optimization and Graphic work
    4) Automatching
    5) Map testing and work
    6) New units and abilities
    7) Upgrading servers and networks software
    8) Other communication software
    9) War Spoils
    10) DLC and future projects
    11) Strategic messaging, forums, tourny's, incentivizing others, ect
    12) New game features
    13) Lobby improvements
    14) Observer improvements

The list goes on.

I finally got past the programmable hotkey limitation by purchasing a high speed mouse with 18 programmable buttons by a 3rd party software (Razor Naga I think). It works great, something I should have done years ago.
    5 years ago
    Cynthia_RECynthia_RE Posts: 1,217
    This is the list that the dev team compiled: http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2015/01/09/hot-keys-in-company-of-heroes-2/

It may change, but if that happens we will provide updates :)
    5 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723
    thanks for the list guys this is very helpful
    5 years ago
    PERFPERF Posts: 29
    The fact this game doesn't already have keybinds is pathetic, sorry, but it is. Go google company of heroes keybinds and see just how long and how much people have been asking for this. Not only that, but it's common sense, this is a strategy game, of course people want to change the keybinds. Right now you can move the camera with the arrow keys but the keybinds for everything else are on the other side of the board lol.... How much longer should we wait for what i'd consider a pretty basic addition to any strategy game?