SU 76 or AT ?

4 years ago
Hi all,

Yesterday, i played a few games and i saw the potential of SU-76. Really great in second line.

But i see that there is not difference between SU76 and AT.

They both do good damage against tank, are bad in classic shot against infantry, and have both artillery to kill infantry, with the same effect.

Of course, the main difference is that AT is composed of infantry, so dont need to be repaired, is hard to be hit by most of the tank, and can be reinforced, can be retaken when loss.

SU-76 is more mobile, can do more miles, but dont have mobile turret, so his position before the fight is more important than all. Like an AT.

So, how do you choose your unit ? depends of the ressources, the map, your tech tree?

Comments

4 years ago
    Elite930Elite930 Posts: 1,792
    Hi all,

Yesterday, i played a few games and i saw the potential of SU-76. Really great in second line.

But i see that there is not difference between SU76 and AT.

They both do good damage against tank, are bad in classic shot against infantry, and have both artillery to kill infantry, with the same effect.

Of course, the main difference is that AT is composed of infantry, so dont need to be repaired, is hard to be hit by most of the tank, and can be reinforced, can be retaken when loss.

SU-76 is more mobile, can do more miles, but dont have mobile turret, so his position before the fight is more important than all. Like an AT.

So, how do you choose your unit ? depends of the ressources, the map, your tech tree?

You know su-76 so called at is around 90-110. So i wont really call it at expect your taking out bunkers or light armored units. Like Flak-panzer etc. So comparing At gun you would be screwt using only su-76 dealing anything heavier than 160 armored units.
    4 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,058
    AT gun can survive open battle vs tanks. SU-76 can survive only armored cars. And i have an impression that AT gun deals more damage to tanks, so i don't see any reasons to buy su-76.
    Maybe for FREE barrage.
    4 years ago
    BernhardtBernhardt Posts: 1,660
    It´s only useful if opponent is spamming light vehicles or really turtling with Mg. Else it´s crap.
    4 years ago
    AndTaxesAndTaxes Posts: 582
    If you have korean-tier microskills then su76 can be a meh unit. At guns are good for hurting tanks, su76s are good for hurting feelings
    3 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

I get AT gun if i'm trying to float fuel, and I get su76 if I really need a AT gun that can move faster, get free barrages and dies to two shots. But I'm recently trying to not get it since I feel like it uses quite a lot of fuel and because I sort of suck using it and it usually dies before I can vet it.

3 years ago

I find that all of the self propelled artillery is pointless. The SU-76, The M8A1 and the Sexton never seem to be of any use in any battle I have fought. All are a waste of fuel a waste of manpower and a waste of population. However theoretically they could be useful against stationary targets. So these self propelled artillery could be useful against the mobile command bases with the OKW set up. But I have never tried this.

2 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

SU76 can deal with tanks pretty okish, it vets up really fast and shoots pretty fast too when it vets up. I think it vets faster than the usual AT guns. downside is that it dies in 2 AT shots which means that pgrens can laugh at it and also every other tank. The thing is that It seems to be either this or t70 for the sovs. t70 for maximum mobility and AI while SU76 for better AT capabilities in the medium tank phases and limited mobility and AI.

SU76 is ok imo, but it deals 120dmg and when vetted like 140dmg which is not quite an AT shot, which makes everything die one or more shots more which sort of sucks. Also, it dies in 2 shots which is very annoying. Barrage is useful and deals quite a lot of dmg but it can get flanked by tanks while at it or pgrens or even 222s, while also only denying a small portion of land - useful but limiting.

Getting both the t70 and the su76 is very risky imo because they use up like 150 fuel in total and it can be a detriment to teching. although it's a good idea when ur behind

2 years ago
    ThatguyThatguy Posts: 41

I think the su76 needs a significant price drop, even post nerf a t70 (which is cheaper) kicks it's ass.