Scoot Car Mayhem (WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SCOUT CARS) :(

4 years ago
Has anyone wondered about how good the 222 scout cars are?

Well, I have.

And after about 20 comp stomps of using nothing but scout cars, I have come to 2 conclusions

1- Never use a Scout Car against an IS-2 upfront, NEVER, only tears, depression, and a loss of 15 fuel will happen.

2- 222's are too stronk against planes

How did I realize this? well, The compstomps were 4v4 all hard AI (sorry, im too diaper baby to do Expert AI) so there were plenty of soviet planes buzzin around, lookin for them AT Gun thighs.

But for some reason, my 222 Scout cars usually had 3-10 Vehicle kills, and that is how I lreaned the hard way the Scout cars are NOT Tank Destroyers, trust me, Im saving you a ton of headaches with that advice.

Around the 3rd or 4th stomp of testing, I then realized that scout cars counter planes harder than any of the OKW AA stuff, which is sad because they usually cost 4x more fuel on average...

At first I thought it was super RNG, but 18 rounds in a row, with my scout cars consistently getting vehicle kills for 20 matches in a row, I decided to build one 1 Scout car, upgrade it with the 20mm gun and spotting scope, and just let it AFK in my HQ and stare at it.

The always ever so intelligent Hard USF AI decided to throw a P47 Rocket Strike at the poor thing...

Literally, in 5 shots, BOTH planes got shot down by the scout car, then proceeded to crash into a giant blob of racktenwerfers.

Like about 12 allied planes were divebombing flacktrucks and ostwinds and all of them were uninjured. but when it came to the 15 fuel scout car, the the tinking vehicle manage to snipe plane after plane after plane in the HQ sector, and ended up getting a total of 9 vehicle kills.

Sadly, through a variety of glitches and computer stuff, I no longer hold the replays of such eventful encounters, But I do have an Artist rendering of the Plane Massacre of 1943... just gruesome photos should not be shown in public, But here it is:
Db5wEwS.png

OH MY, THE HUMANITY, so much destruction and rage.

Although I do have a problem with how efficient it is, this is what bothers me the most

And Ostwind, 120 muni AA halftrack, the OKW field defences and T4 building and flack halftrack Are outmatched in the AA department by a 15 fuel, T2 Scout Car.

Sure I may have the best RNG 20 compstomps in a row, So I need some 3rd party proof that the 22 is the Stronkest AA in the game.

Comments

4 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    it becomes even more madness when you give him some spotting scopes
    4 years ago
    OberOber Posts: 96
    At least destroy planes, 222 is really useless...
    4 years ago
    AvnasAvnas Posts: 1,750
    222s for breakthrough ability in stormtrooper doc
    4 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,057
    Oh... now i'm not smartest with 222.
    4 years ago
    BernhardtBernhardt Posts: 1,660
    Lol and you have to ask why Germany lost the war with such wonderful and cheap machines

I still only get SC > 222 if there are Wc51, snipers or clown cars around. Halftrack more versatile, specially in team games.
    4 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    Grittle for bestest artist award!
    4 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,592
    222 actually got 7.5% to shoot down a plane, which is pretty HUGE chance.
    4 years ago
    BernhardtBernhardt Posts: 1,660
    OStwind has how much?

Also noticed the KT MG is quite a Flak on tracks.
    4 years ago
    Cultist_kunCultist_k… Posts: 1,022
    SC would be fine if it a least it would have cap ability at vet 1 or 2, or maybe clock to be able to scout better then it do it now. Like really, its pointless to use this thing if there is no T1 clown car spam.

Anyway, who cares that it can shoot down planes ? I'm on 1v1 and 2v2 maps, planes almost instantly attack\bombard, since thouse maps are very small, on 3v3 and 4v4, SC AA could be more noticable.
    4 years ago
    Bernhardt wrote: »
    OStwind has how much?

Also noticed the KT MG is quite a Flak on tracks.
    I believe its 19% for ostwind.
    4 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993
    Katitof wrote: »
    222 actually got 7.5% to shoot down a plane, which is pretty HUGE chance.
    I believe its 19% for ostwind.
    Which is pretty huge for a Unit that costs about 80% less fuel wise. Unlocks a Tier Earlier, and correct me if i'm wrong, but has a faster firing rate than the Ostwind, who can only take more hits is doesnt die to an AT grenade, which is a pretty big plus. but still

​Its like 4 pop cap and only 15 fuel and 30 muni w/ 7%? vs a 100 fuel tank and 10 pop cap and 20% chance of hitting a plane. and that is just the closest competitor.

I bet the 60 fuel 120 muni USSR flak HT is probably even worse, as I have only seen it take down a plane twice in my 200+ hours of this game
    4 years ago
    SturmgewehrSturmgewe… Posts: 211
    Vet 2 SC with spotting scopes can see the entirety of most 1v1 or 2v2 maps. On 3v3 and 4v4 it can see a lot. This is the only useful aspect of the vehicle to me.
    4 years ago
    GenObiGenObi Posts: 1,368
    Stop using scout cars.....everytime i shot down a plane it would crash into it...
    4 years ago
    Naughtius MaximusNaughtius… Posts: 353
    Back in the Beta a scout car could solo an SU-76 and the 85. Those were some funny days
    4 years ago
    Grittle wrote: »
    Which is pretty huge for a Unit that costs about 80% less fuel wise. Unlocks a Tier Earlier, and correct me if i'm wrong, but has a faster firing rate than the Ostwind, who can only take more hits is doesnt die to an AT grenade, which is a pretty big plus. but still

​Its like 4 pop cap and only 15 fuel and 30 muni w/ 7%? vs a 100 fuel tank and 10 pop cap and 20% chance of hitting a plane. and that is just the closest competitor.

I bet the 60 fuel 120 muni USSR flak HT is probably even worse, as I have only seen it take down a plane twice in my 200+ hours of this game
    Soviet Quad costs 30 fuel, but with 120mun AA upgrade it have 2 or 3% to shoot down a plane.

This is why it basically never shoots anything down unless you have 2 or more of them.
    4 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,017
    Katitof wrote: »
    Soviet Quad costs 30 fuel, but with 120mun AA upgrade it have 2 or 3% to shoot down a plane.
    Just curious - is that a 2 or 3% chance per shot or per time period?
    4 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    On top of that, anyone notice how bad the M15 is at shooting down planes? Talk about a tale of opposites, the m15 is a terror for infantry, but I literally had my m15 shooting at a loitering recon plane for its entire duration this morning, and the recon plane got shot down as it was leaving the battlefield..... Its an AA halftrack, c'mon....

Meanwhile here I was thinking the 222 was useless. Never knew it was unusually better at skyboxing than everything else.

AA in general still seems messy to me, even after the nerf to flak defences.
    4 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,790
    On top of that, anyone notice how bad the M15 is at shooting down planes? Talk about a tale of opposites, the m15 is a terror for infantry, but I literally had my m15 shooting at a loitering recon plane for its entire duration this morning, and the recon plane got shot down as it was leaving the battlefield..... Its an AA halftrack, c'mon....

Meanwhile here I was thinking the 222 was useless. Never knew it was unusually better at skyboxing than everything else.

AA in general still seems messy to me, even after the nerf to flak defences.
    I think AA rework is a definite requirement
    strafes that can actually do more damage when shot down than left alone due to kamikaze
    and sadly, the faction with the most plane strikes has the most effective AA
    the soviet have a single non doc AA requiring using the lack luster t3
    the USF require vet to counter planes half-assedly (tho at least they get pintles)
    and the OKW get AA just for being OKW

the AA disparity is awful...