Grittle's Wild Outback Adventures: EPISODE 3: Pro-TRS

3 years ago
Oy mate! It's me: Grittle. Avid Balance explorer and the bane of chicken pot pies everywhere!

Sorry for the delay in between episodes mates. I ate a bad chicken pot pie and was in a coma for about 6 months. But alls fine now! my colon is only 80% dysfunctional now compare to right after the bad pot pie incident!

Today. we are in the jungles of the AT jungles. chopping through wreckage after wreckage of vehicles. bypassing the legendary Heavy tank Hardcap canyons. and almost eating another bad chicken pot pie. we made contact with the tri-fecta of portable infantry At weaponry

The Panzershreck: the go-to option of infantry AT, portable and reliable
latest?cb=20120626031840

The Bazooka: Lets just say the more "special" version of the panzershreck, although it somehow has a faster firing rate. but is still reliable
Bazookasmithsonian.jpg

And then theres the.... DA PRO-TRS!!!!!!!!
5YKTtGO.png

This AT weapon is currently in the "void" in terms of balance. it has several properties that make it like no other:

1- It can destroy any vehicle ever with extreme ease*
*Time may vary. average amount of time to take 2 PTRS to fully take down a Panther from the back ranges from 4-8 minutes. DO NOT USE THIS AT RIFLE against any tank that is not a 1/2 damage P4
2- It shoots bullets instead of rockets, so its harder to spot. but it is really loud.

​3- It is also good at infantry for some reason.

4- Proves that Guards are the stronkest men alive. being able to hip fire a 12.7mm cannon like its nothing

So what gives, why is this AI/AT mutant is existing? i know of atleast 6 other USSR weaponry to use against a Tiger that would be infinitely more useful

That gives me 2 potential fixes

1- make the P-TRS fire flares instead of bullets. as flares are the new Soviet meta **
** its meant as joke plz dont sue me
2- Lower Accuracy, increase Fire Rate.

"BUT GRITTLE, WHY U DO DIS???????"
Well because 1- I am entitled to my own opinion, no matter how stupid it is and 2- it solves a few problems in my opinion

1- PTRS better at medium and heavy armor because more dakka = more chance of penetration = more potential boom

2- is still balance vs light vehicles and infantry: less accuracy affects a 4 foot wide kubel more than a 25 meter elefant.

3- PTRS now has the right to be label AT. unless AT means Aggressive Tickling. in which the PTRS is already Pro at that.

4- I get to make more of these lists.

And there you have it. One step close to potential balance Puuuurrrrrrrrfectionnnn-- *HAK HARF HARF* Uh oh, i think i did ate the bad chicken pot pie after all

Next time on Grittle's Wild Outback Adventures!

SOMETHING YOU NEVER SEE BECAUSE IS SO OP: The Infrared Halftrack!!!

SdKfz251-17HalftrackInfraredSimpleFont.png

Comments

3 years ago
    NevecOneUpNevecOneUp Posts: 1,202
    Pro-trs is just tears infantry and tickles armor. Because its ''AT'' rifle.
    3 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    The owltruck isnt too common because automatch battles are too based on rush ze bigger panzer, only making AA Halftruck because its too good to skip it aswell, and since go for infantry as OKW isn't like the best option, its an unit better for large battles where you can find more defenses if your enemy playes more defensive. To make it a better choice than guide boats and make yoir enemy have that feeling of being observed it could have a switch between "patrol mode" and "manual mode", allowning you to spot x places
    3 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993
    pablonano wrote: »
    The owltruck isnt too common because automatch battles are too based on rush ze bigger panzer, only making AA Halftruck because its too good to skip it aswell, and since go for infantry as OKW isn't like the best option, its an unit better for large battles where you can find more defenses if your enemy playes more defensive. To make it a better choice than guide boats and make yoir enemy have that feeling of being observed it could have a switch between "patrol mode" and "manual mode", allowning you to spot x places
    That was a joke actually. Check the other adventures to see the jist of it. the main part is about the Pro-Trs and it being an abomination.

Episode 1: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/111245-grittle-s-wild-outback-adventures-axis-fuel-caches

Episode 2: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/123523-grittle-s-wild-outback-adventures-usf-weapon-racks
    3 years ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,129
    They'd have to tank down PTRS accuracy a ton to make it miss Kubels again (and probably make it useless against infantry again) - current far accuracy of a Guard PTRS is 0.253, Kubel's 14 target size. Chance to hit a Kubel with a Guard PTRS at max range is 0.253 X 14 = 3.542, which is a 354.2% chance to hit (TL;DR it can't miss Kubels). To make Guard PTRS have a chance of missing Kubels at max range again, let's say by 10%, it's far accuracy would have to be 0.0642.

Better just to up penetration should it require more effective AT performance. Though I wouldn't be against an accuracy reduction along with a fire-rate increase for other reasons, would help reduce the frequent "model-sniping" it has against infantry.
    3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,717
    Grittle wrote: »
    4- Proves that Guards are the stronkest men alive. being able to hip fire a 12.7mm cannon like its nothing

iirc the ptrs uses a 14.5mm round, so guards are even more beast!

3 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    Btw, dont worry about cons tant ptrs spam, give "time to time"
    3 years ago
    pablonano wrote: »
    Btw, dont worry about cons tant ptrs spam, give "time to time"
    In the mean time. I can suggest my own opinion of what to do with it and hopefully someone will understand.

​With the power of the internet!!!!
    3 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,057
    IMO jokes like this will get PTRS nerfed to old state.
    3 years ago
    Pastulio wrote: »
    IMO jokes like this will get PTRS nerfed to old state.
    Well I wanted a fire rate buff for the AT rifle since forever. I mean, it is semi-automatic for crying out loud

The Aggressive Tickling Rifle is not the PTRD, it has a S in it for a reason. that is reason is something i dont know.