Grittle's Wild Outback Adventures EPISODE 4: USF RECON AND MECHANIZED COMPANY

3 years ago
The Following thread is brought to you by:

The letter: O and P

and The Number: 867724.5

Okay Now that we've cleared our sponsors, now we can talk about the USF commanders!

Armor Company

Rifle Company

Infantry Company

and.....

Airbourne Company

and thats it!
B-b-b-ut Grittle! wut about mechanized and recon!

Thats the joke my dense headed friend! It shows that those 2 commanders are nearly useless after 2 minutes in the game!

Now before I act like an idiot even more, Lets go over the 2 commanders and find solutions to make them useful!

ss_4eeb6f9056762208f52c87f4317951ffe743b548.600x338.jpg?t=1435192258

WC51 Truck: Best Clown Car in the game, but only useful for 45 seconds. And currently 1 of 1.5 counters against Kubel for the USF.

SOLUTION: This is a multi-step process, For Science!

1: Replace the .50 Cal in the name with .30 Cal, Dont Change the Stats.
Hahaha Grittle is so dum y u do dat?

@: Give it an upgrade to give it a .50 Cal MG, Complete with Increased Damage, Accuracy, Penetration, and everything offensive in general, Upgrade will cost 30 Munitions

What would It do? Well, Relic said that the main problem of balancing such a unit was making it so it was useful, but not OP. but how to balance a unit that comes at CP0? this upgrade makes it so that the truck can last longer into the game as a useful infantry AND light vehicle hunter.

Withdraw and Refit: Only Useful Ability, Rewards you for keeping your light vehicles alive in the long run

Nothing to see here, is gud ;)

Halftrack Group: Paper thin vehicle holding a paper thin squad. why would you even get this, is too expensive

SOLUTION: Make Halftrack more Durable and/or lower the cost. increase assault engie squad size OR replace the engies with Calvary Riflemen
G-g-g-g-grittle! Calvary Riflemen are OP! didn u ply AA?

Dude, really? in the soviet campaign, Shocks had volley fire as a vet ability and Penals were a free callin, Are those in MP? no? so I bet Relic will balance such a unit for MP too.

Recon and Arty Strikes (Im putting them together for a reason)

Now these are great abilities, But here is my problem with it:

The Major already has these abilities. So its really unnecessary to have since they both cost the same. do the same.

Which made me come to a conclusion: Mechanized used to be a commander where you could skip T4 entirely, seeing as you have both Major abilities and assault engies to repair.

So that could mean the Easy 8 was supposed to be in Mechanized Company, and WC51 was going to be in Rifle Company. seeing how the Easy 8 would work perfectly in Mechanized, and the thought of Vet 2 Riflemen on Trucks 2 minutes into the game sounds horrifying.

Now on to Recon Support
ss_3d84de7c0516bdc8cc92d30326a321a354f290fa.600x338.jpg?t=1435192203

RIFLEMEN WITH SHARP EYES: RIFLEMEN SEE FARTHER IN BUILDINGS AND IN COVER, unless there's 1 guy outside of cover, then its useless.

SOLUTION: Have a minimum of 2 Soldiers in cover for the ability to work. that simple

IR PATHFINDERS: Pathfinders that can snipe and call in nukes.

SOLUTION: Nothing really, they do what they advertise, Pathfinders that trades 1 guy for artillery, supposed it could be cheaper, but arty is arty

GREYHOUND: M20 Utility Car that doesnt lay mines, but instead has a nerfed to the ground canister shot.

SOLUTION: Canister shot needs a slight revert in nerf, maybe being able to critical at 60% minimum, and maybe buffed the main gun too.

Recon

Is gud, not la complete replacement of Major, and in line with recon support.

Airdrop Combat Group: Gain the ability to get 2 paratroopers and an AT gun to drop anywhere for only 720 Manpower! Float today!

SOLUTION: The only thing I could think of is to lower it by 1 CP, having it appear earlier, But you still have to float 720 manpower, If the made it 400 Manpower, 100 Munitions, then it would be used more, either that or make it a near carbon copy of the luftwaffe airdrop attack, which P47 MG strafes, then 2 squads of paratroopers dropping in on the area for 300 Manpower, 150 Munitions.

I have tried my best to make this balanced, now for a moment of silence to our fallen comrade, the sturmtiger
PG%20Sturmtiger%20with%20incorrect%20ammo.jpg

REST IN REICH 2014-2015 jk let see how it works in it's new home for now.

Comments

3 years ago
    White ]-[aloWhite ]-[… Posts: 278
    Instead of giving them Cavlery riflemen I'd rather see the assault Engineers with Thomsons.
    3 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    Recon company and Mechanized company are... my favourite companies, aswell armored one (cuz "totallynotsturm" assault enginners)... Hell, the halftruck allows me to donate mah ambulance to my fellow soviet comrades and Bathroom trucks give me early mechanized fast answer advantage, once i get utility car/stuart i exchange the crews and windraw the truck retaining a noice vet 1 (or 2 if the gods smiled) Stuart ready for action, the only thing that i dont understand too much is why is that arty, and recon is just god, since my weak point is that I sometimes forget about get new units when playing USF until I notice that i am somehow struggling since i dont use to lose any squad and its not like having more than 5 riflemen on the field us going to help too much, so basically that combat group is perfect for me since it gives my lack of resource management a purpose (im not dumb, ima just waiting for mah combat party), I&R pathfinders are just... Magnificient, like Rear echelons... Its perfect
    3 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993
    White wrote:
    -[alo;n193207]Instead of giving them Cavlery riflemen I'd rather see the assault Engineers with Thomsons.
    Is gud, I would use.

​But I still find it odd of why doing this combo halftrack infantry package, I though Relic already learned the lesson with the 251 Halftrack and LMG grens and the one with Pgrens, or the Soviet one with Assault guards. people never use those, they are too expensive for what they do.
    3 years ago
    pablonano wrote: »
    Recon company and Mechanized company are... my favourite companies, aswell armored one (cuz "totallynotsturm" assault enginners)... Hell, the halftruck allows me to donate mah ambulance to my fellow soviet comrades and Bathroom trucks give me early mechanized fast answer advantage, once i get utility car/stuart i exchange the crews and windraw the truck retaining a noice vet 1 (or 2 if the gods smiled) Stuart ready for action, the only thing that i dont understand too much is why is that arty, and recon is just god, since my weak point is that I sometimes forget about get new units when playing USF until I notice that i am somehow struggling since i dont use to lose any squad and its not like having more than 5 riflemen on the field us going to help too much, so basically that combat group is perfect for me since it gives my lack of resource management a purpose (im not dumb, ima just waiting for mah combat party), I&R pathfinders are just... Magnificient, like Rear echelons... Its perfect

Again, I think the arty and recon sweep in mechanize is just a past history of when it could have the Easy 8 instead of the Truck. and I know the value of withdraw of refit and USF vehicle crews

But the problem is the window of usefulness of the trucks,which is currently 45 seconds unless the OKW got a kubel, then its about 4 minutes max. and the fact 1 of its abilities can easily be covered by the Major.

Recon though.... floating manpower is bad, and the combat airdrop group promotes that, That and the Greyhound's uselessness compared to the M20 Car.
    3 years ago
    Grittle wrote: »
    Is gud, I would use. ​But I still find it odd of why doing this combo halftrack infantry package, I though Relic already learned the lesson with the 251 Halftrack and LMG grens and the one with Pgrens, or the Soviet one with Assault guards. people never use those, they are too expensive for what they do.
    You would have more utility with the engineers, travel around and scare off your opponent then jump out and set some traps and take off again.
    3 years ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,129
    I'd personally just reduce the Airdrop Combat Group by a ton of MP and remove the AT gun...preferably also giving the Paras guaranteed upgrades.

No one will ever be holding onto MP at that much CP for an AT gun they really feel they'll need. They will get that AT ASAP, because AT is really important when needed. This relegates the ability's use solely to "Garden, it's really late in the game so I'm floating a ton of MP and a bunch of my infantry units just got wiped".

Still, putting some of the cost into Muni is an interesting idea which would fit it well since you're literally getting infantry units with upgrades they can normally get, so it should be simple to get a good cost figured out with it ([MP for units+Muni for upgrades]XDiscount for floating to this ability's higher minimum cost). With the Breakthrough ability, Relic seems to be open to more unique ability costs.
    3 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,259

How surprising. While I believe you might actually be able to beat people with these commanders, they are objectively garbage, and need looking at.
    3 years ago
    How surprising. While I believe you might actually be able to beat people with these commanders, they are objectively garbage, and need looking at.
    Doesn't mean they can't be fun. If he gets enjoyment out of them all the power to him.
    3 years ago
    White wrote:
    -[alo;n193249] Doesn't mean they can't be fun. If he gets enjoyment out of them all the power to him.
    I HAVE THE POWER!!! Btw, all this comanders let you to use multyple skills and stuff to help, while the top tier "Riflemen company" is just about E8, that is worse at AI than normal sherman and worse at AT than jackson, with windraw you can land all the vehicle superiority since you can exchangue Shermans when you need Jacksons and windraw jacksons when enemy armor got gardened to get shermans to do the AI job, without losing any veterancy, who needs more?
    3 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    I like Recon Co., but but its just so meh. Infantry Company has become my go-to, which sucks because I quite enjoy playing Recon. I'm 100% with you on this Grittle
    3 years ago
    _Aqua_ wrote: »
    I like Recon Co., but but its just so meh. Infantry Company has become my go-to, which sucks because I quite enjoy playing Recon. I'm 100% with you on this Grittle
    Thank you very much, I enjoy making threads like these. I intend to make one about the Major soon.
    3 years ago
    RCXRCX Posts: 95
    B-b-b-ut Grittle! Every allied (and some germans) are supposed to have 2 good abilities, 2 okay abilities and 1 garbage ability, you gonna break the balance by making these commanders have good units and fun to play, DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Tbh atm you go mech for the freedom giving 155mm of pure and total destruc...I mean cakes, and chocolates, etc. and nothing else, the recon pass is inferior to overflight and cost almost as much.
    3 years ago
    RCX wrote: »
    B-b-b-ut Grittle! Every allied (and some germans) are supposed to have 2 good abilities, 2 okay abilities and 1 garbage ability, you gonna break the balance by making these commanders have good units and fun to play, DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Tbh atm you go mech for the freedom giving 155mm of pure and total destruc...I mean cakes, and chocolates, etc. and nothing else, the recon pass is inferior to overflight and cost almost as much.
    Its not like I hate the 155mm and recon overflight. Its just that its nearly redundant because you have the majos with those exact abilities.

Actually, the Major's recon ability is even better than the doctrine one, as it has 3 planes that sweep into a cone instead of 1
    3 years ago
    Selvy289Selvy289 Posts: 172
    Last time I used recon (before the update when USF were decent at best), the air drop combat group cost 900 manpower unless it was dropped in the update.
    3 years ago
    Selvy289 wrote: »
    Last time I used recon (before the update when USF were decent at best), the air drop combat group cost 900 manpower unless it was dropped in the update.
    720 or 900 it doesnt matter,

Its like a rootbeer float, but with manpower

and it tastes bad. like really bad.
    3 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    Thank you very much, I enjoy making threads like these. I intend to make one about the Major soon.
    *Japanese Fangirl Sounds Here*
    Sweet, the Major's abilities are crap, I'm looking forward to your next Wild Adventure :)
    3 years ago
    _Aqua_ wrote: »
    *Japanese Fangirl Sounds Here* Sweet, the Major's abilities are crap, I'm looking forward to your next Wild Adventure
    *Enginner scream* do you look at that, Grittle is famous as Coca Cola
    3 years ago
    *Enginner scream* do you look at that, Grittle is famous as Coca Cola
    Coca Cola? no

Jackfruit? yes
    3 years ago
    BearmasteRBearmasteR Posts: 181
    In my opinion, both companies are good exept paras are shit by nature and made of glass and the most annoying thing is that you can't select them until they are landed (using that company for pathfinders and greyhound mostly, so as other doctrine with paras only being used for P47s and pathfinders aswell cos those annihilate blobs with BARS) AND greyhound needs a machinegunner, no mines are needed, canister shot is actually pretty ok since it acts like a shotgun and still can wipe some random squad which suddenly got in a shooting line. As for jeep - it needs more speed in everything, especially in turning around and stopping being dumb as fuck, I really don't get why Relic made it so slow. Most of its deaths, in my case, because it got stuck because of its stupidity or it just can't speed itself up and fucking turn around. In other words - speed statistics must be copied from kubel and this unit will be fine since it can carry people.
    As for assault engis - they are insane with flamethrowers, especially now, when flamecarrier can't instantly blow up and kill everyone in radius PLUS they can build dymanite which just pays them off totally.
    Halftruck is for reinforcing squads, not for killing and doing shit like soviets do with their scout car.

There is other thing I really don't get - why the fuck do we need thompsons for tank crews? Anyone uses it?
    3 years ago
    The Following thread is brought to you by:

Thats the joke my dense headed friend! It shows that those 2 commanders are nearly useless after 2 minutes in the game!

Now before I act like an idiot even more, Lets go over the 2 commanders and find solutions to make them useful!

Nothing to see here, is gud ;)

Halftrack Group: Paper thin vehicle holding a paper thin squad. why would you even get this, is too expensive

SOLUTION: Make Halftrack more Durable and/or lower the cost. increase assault engie squad size OR replace the engies with Calvary Riflemen

Recon and Arty Strikes (Im putting them together for a reason)

Now these are great abilities, But here is my problem with it:

The Major already has these abilities. So its really unnecessary to have since they both cost the same. do the same.

Now on to Recon Support

IR PATHFINDERS: Pathfinders that can snipe and call in nukes.

SOLUTION: Nothing really, they do what they advertise, Pathfinders that trades 1 guy for artillery, supposed it could be cheaper, but arty is arty

Recon

Is gud, not la complete replacement of Major, and in line with recon support.

REST IN REICH 2014-2015 jk let see how it works in it's new home for now.

B-B-B-B-BULL****! These two doctrines are incredibility useful to have and play with and are most certainly not underpowered!

Recon Support is perhaps my most favorite and most played doctrine in the game. That as an out stand variety of different plays that can be used.
    With the Pathfinders their Artillery MUCH BETTER then that of the Major. The Major 120 ammo calls in only 3 ROUNDS, while the Pathfinders call in 7-8 THATS a big difference and faster. Furthermore in order to call in the decoy flare the Major needs to be Vet two in order to use the ability and most time he usually WON'T survive that long. While the Pathfinders can call it in at any Vet Level.

With the Recon and the Artillery call-ins from the US Mech Company that are also useful and yes the Major does have both abilities. BUT the Majors needs to be in a SPECIFIC range to call in the Air Recon and the Artillery where as the Doctrinal call-in you can do it wherever you so wish! PLUS again the Major's Artillery ability sucks and AGAIN drops less shells then the call-in, for the same price. Meaning the Artillery from the US Doctrinal Mech Company is more FAVORABLE! And the Majors Recon ability to call in Planes to scout is based off of his Vet Experience, Vet 3 = 3 Airplanes to Scout, WHICH he needs to survive to call-in and see combat to get the experience, which will usually make him end up being very dead. At Vet 1, 1 Plane, which is equal to that of the doctrinal ability.

I don't think that the Air-Drop Combat Group needs a change. As when you get them you get Airborne one of the best US Infantry in the game and equipment.

Easy Eight to Mech? Then what would Rifle Company get in return? Don't want to upset the Rifle fan-boys.

Happily I'm not here just to only bash you. AS I DO agree with you on some points that should be addressed.

M3 Half-Track from the US Mech Company needs a overhaul, I've had *some* good games with it, but most of the time its NOT worth to call in. I only use the Engineers to plant demo traps, Cavalry Rifleman would be awesome!

Jeep damage wise with that upgrade I TOTALLY agree on!

M20 could use a damage buff. But I would prefer to have an accuracy buff to the unit instead, as it sucks at hitting infantry.

I know everyone have their own opinion on how the different doctrines should be played and used. But awhile ago I made 2 Steam-Guides specifically on these two doctrines, check them out.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=463549663
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=464640493

3 years ago

B-B-B-B-BULL****! These two doctrines are incredibility useful to have and play with and are most certainly not underpowered!

Whoa, watch your profanity!
    Recon Support is perhaps my most favorite and most played doctrine in the game. That as an out stand variety of different plays that can be used.
    With the Pathfinders their Artillery MUCH BETTER then that of the Major. The Major 120 ammo calls in only 3 ROUNDS, while the Pathfinders call in 7-8 THATS a big difference and faster. Furthermore in order to call in the decoy flare the Major needs to be Vet two in order to use the ability and most time he usually WON'T survive that long. While the Pathfinders can call it in at any Vet Level.

Yes, I didn't say there was a problem with the pathfinders, And I am going to make another thread on he Major soon. Now I think the Arty should be 120 muni, but that's just me.

With the Recon and the Artillery call-ins from the US Mech Company that are also useful and yes the Major does have both abilities. BUT the Majors needs to be in a SPECIFIC range to call in the Air Recon and the Artillery where as the Doctrinal call-in you can do it wherever you so wish! PLUS again the Major's Artillery ability sucks and AGAIN drops less shells then the call-in, for the same price. Meaning the Artillery from the US Doctrinal Mech Company is more FAVORABLE! And the Majors Recon ability to call in Planes to scout is based off of his Vet Experience, Vet 3 = 3 Airplanes to Scout, WHICH he needs to survive to call-in and see combat to get the experience, which will usually make him end up being very dead. At Vet 1, 1 Plane, which is equal to that of the doctrinal ability.

Easy Eight to Mech? Then what would Rifle Company get in return? Don't want to upset the Rifle fan-boys.

I didnt say I want the Easy 8 in the Doctrine, I was just stating my theory that early in development, the E8 was in mech doctrine, allowing you to skip T4 safely.
    I don't think that the Air-Drop Combat Group needs a change. As when you get them you get Airborne one of the best US Infantry in the game and equipment.

It promotes floating manpower, Which is bad, you dont want that. I was think if you could atleast divert some of the manpower into munitions, It would be better as it wold look better to use.

Happily I'm not here just to only bash you. AS I DO agree with you on some points that should be addressed.

Its okay mayne, I can take it

M3 Half-Track from the US Mech Company needs a overhaul, I've had *some* good games with it, but most of the time its NOT worth to call in. I only use the Engineers to plant demo traps, Cavalry Rifleman would be awesome!

Yeah, its needs to be cheaper manpower wise atleast. It could also be more durable.

Jeep damage wise with that upgrade I TOTALLY agree on!

;)

M20 could use a damage buff. But I would prefer to have an accuracy buff to the unit instead, as it sucks at hitting infantry.

M8 could use it, I was comparing the M8 to M20, I would rather use the M20 currently because its more useful in the lategame. and yeah, the MG on the greyhound needs to be better.

I know everyone have their own opinion on how the different doctrines should be played and used. But awhile ago I made 2 Steam-Guides specifically on these two doctrines, check them out.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=463549663
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=464640493
    I did, 8/10

3 years ago
    OrionHunter88OrionHunt… Posts: 550
    I like your suggestions - especially about the WC51 upgrade. And I like all the bad publicity that mech and recon have going on these days. Honestly, I don't care how relic fixes them but these two companies really seriously need to be reworked.

These are my suggestions on - suggeted these multiple times in my own and other threads. Hope relic gets the message some day.
    1. Forward Observers (USF Recon Commander) 1CP passive ability granted to rifleman. I’m still not 100% the exact stats on this ability. I think it increases rifleman vision by 5-10% while they are garrisoned/in cover. Great so you can see like +3 range? It is not even noticeable. Also, I’ve heard that there is bug that this ability only applies to the original members of a rifleman squad – so as members die off they lose this ability.
    Simple suggestion: It should be a base vision increase of +10. Especially considering this only applies while the unit is in cover/garrisoned. Perhaps add a timer to this so that it would take 5 sec or so while in cover/garrison before the bonus kicks in.
    1. Air Dropped Combat Group (USF Recon Commander) 7 CP 900MP. Drops two paratrooper squads with random weapons. These paratroopers do not have any of the combat abilities associated with airborne company paratroopers but have light AT mines instead. Also drops unmanned AT gun. Ok there’s a lot going on here. The biggest issue is dropping an unmanned AT gun. Dropping an unmanned weapon behind enemy lines is just ludicrous. And why do these paratroopers have to be different from the others? I mean what’s the point of the light AT mines that late in the game??
    Simple Suggestion: Lower MP to 700. Drop two paratrooper squads with a random amount of experience, they will be just like the airborne commander paratrooper and can upgrade weapons. They do not have light AT mines.
    1. WC51 Truck (USF Mechanized Commander) 0CP 240MP/20FU. This is a fairly effective unit but I still think it just a tiny tad underpowered mainly because it dies quite easily to gunfire from frontal shots – especially when considering its high fuel cost for a scout car.
    Simple suggestion: Increase HP from 180 to 200.
    1. M3 Halftrack (USF Mechanized Commander) 3 CP 520MP/35 FU. Given the cost and timing this halftrack is surprisingly incredibly weak. In fact its stats are on par or less than nearly all scout cars and definitely all half-tracks. One other part of this is that I find that the CE deployed are somewhat irrelevant at this timing – demo is nice sometimes but on the whole a single CE squad is a tad lackluster.
    Simple suggestion: Increase frontal armor from 5.4 to 11 and increase HP from 200 to 240.
    Dream suggestion: Deploys with cavalry rifleman instead of combat engineer. I mean come on those guys were awesome in the campaign! And they would fit well in this commander.

3 years ago
    OrionHunter88OrionHunt… Posts: 550
    Oh one other thing.

If Cavalry Rifleman do make it into MP. I'd really like for them to have "elite grenades (cooked nades that do not require tech, identical to paratrooper)" and sprint. That way they are more than just rifleman with Thompson.
    3 years ago

Whoa, watch your profanity!

It promotes floating manpower, Which is bad, you dont want that. I was think if you could atleast divert some of the manpower into munitions, It would be better as it wold look better to use.

Its okay mayne, I can take it

Yeah, its needs to be cheaper manpower wise atleast. It could also be more durable.

M8 could use it, I was comparing the M8 to M20, I would rather use the M20 currently because its more useful in the lategame. and yeah, the MG on the greyhound needs to be better.

Sorry man Rage took over when I read the post, happens to the best of us. :/

It does make sense when floating manpower for Airborne-Combat Group, but I rarely see people save on purpose for this call-in.

I DOUBLE AGREE on M3 being cheaper and durable. :P

I made a spelling mistake I was actaully referring to the M8 Greyhound and not the M20. MY bad.... M8 needs an accuracy buff *my opinion*
    3 years ago

Sorry man Rage took over when I read the post, happens to the best of us. :/
    Trust, some of the things you see in this place can make a grown man cry. your rage was bliss compared to some of the other things you see posted time to time....
    3 years ago
    [QUOTE=BearmasteR;n193583
    There is other thing I really don't get - why the **** do we need thompsons for tank crews? Anyone uses it?[/QUOTE]
    The world may never know
    3 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,057
    Fuk ths crap.
    Make more pictures.
    3 years ago
    Pastulio wrote: »
    Fuk ths crap.
    Make more pictures.
    Okay then...
    c1bMfgs.png
    3 years ago
    Bump FOR THIS ONE TIME ONLY

to show Relic the large quantity of likes on this Feedback ;) since they did say they take a look into those....
    3 years ago
    Did they ever fix the Support Paras in the Recon to actually exit vehicles or NOT use the whole squad to recrew captured vehicles?