MAJOR MINOR: A Major Discussion u

3 years ago
VRJ50vX.png
As we all know, a majority of the playerbase only uses the major for 1 major purpose: a retreat point

Sure, something like that can cause a major advantage in the battlefield, but what about the other abilities the Major can call in?

Overall, for being a Major, he sure has a minor significance in the battlefield! HAHAHAAAAHA PUNS ARE FUN.

Lets Check the Major's Abilities

Retreat Point Thing: Most used ability, Has major significance as it puts units back on the field faster.

SOLUTION: Nothing, But If I could, The Retreat Point Could have the 3 Weapon Racks along with the retreat point, allowing infantry to buy weapons or major importance even if away from the main base. But if nothing is done to it, okay. it's still a great ability.

ARTY PARTY: The Major, having major influence in the battlefield, calls in a "Favor" to the Artillery Officers to fire a Majorly light and slow Artillery barrage on target, vet 0 barrage is 3 shells, gaining an extra shell on vet 2 and 3

SOLUTION: 1) Make the Artillery Barrage faster firing.

2) Make it more accurate. I mean my goodness, the Soviet Mortars are more accurate than the barrage. which is sad. because its a majority known rule that everything has to be better than the soviets.

3) Give the Shells more AoE/ make it start with 4 shells at vet0.Just Trust me On this. this will be major.

RECON PARTY: Planes Flies in the general direction of the flares, gains an extra plane at vet 2 and 3, forming a cone of sight. providing a major amount of sight and knowledge of the map

SOLUTION: Not that much, its a great recon ability AND its 15 munitions cheaper than the doctrinal recon sweep. Maybe move the extra plane vets down a level to Vet 1 and 2 and have Vet 3 be a 2 plane loiter to have a more major presence in the field.

FAKE FLARES: A major attempt at a ruse to make puny whiny germans retreat.

SOLUTION: Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't depends on how bold or lazy the opponent is. really no major way to balance a ruse.

Now, these abilities are "surprisingly" balanced. now the reason these abilities don't get used as often is more than likely of the Major's durability in a firefight, looks like the Major has a minor damage threshold! HAHAHAHAHAHAA

So here are some other MISC. changes I would do with a person of such major importance.

-Make the Major and his 2 men have the ability to not die unless they hit 20% health 1st. A major buff in durability.

-Make the Actual Major model himself immune to snipes, because he's too much of a major role in the battlefield to die such a minor death.

-Make the Major abilities have a not-so-major decrease in price in munitions with vet, getting 5% off at vet 2 and another 5% at vet 3.

-Replace the 2 RE models with Riflemen or Rangers, a Major does not need such minor infantry. its is heresy.

Also another moment of silence for the T34/76. who will probably never get the buff it deserves....
stewt34e.jpg
NEVER FORGET. RELIC PLZ AD OT34/76 UPGRADE.

Comments

3 years ago
    Lnk003Lnk003 Posts: 417
    Edit I changed my reply. My suggestions have their own post.

Fake flares: maybe it could be random. One fake flare sometimes then double fake flares with randomly 3/4/5 seconds between them. It would make believe the opposite guy that's a fake flare followed by artillery call.

" Still, he is wait too paper thin, he may be a non combat unit, but the durability is too major of a flaw.. "
    Y, but the first major does come for free (sort of) and, as you said, is mostly use for the retreat point so behind and its a non doctrinal FHQ.
    3 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993
    Lnk003 wrote: »
    What about giving major the abilly to call air supports (recon, anti infantry strike, anti tank strike, bomber) and allow him to call for strikes in the entire zone/area where he is located but only when he establishes a retrat point ?
    Vet 0 - Recon
    Vet 1 - Anti infantry P47
    Vet 2 - Anti tank strike P47
    Vet 3 - Bomber B17 (or a p51)

It would be a FHQ with ground support ability that way the guy would have an impact on the game and partly compensate the USF late game (by non doctrinal air support).
    He come late, doesn't fight, you'll need to put im close to danger to reach vet 3.
    He is vulnerable to artillery so in one way i don't think he would be op because as counter german would have artillery and all anti air units.

As for RE the unit is not supposed to fight so..
    Still, he is wait too paper thin, he may be a non combat unit, but the durability is too major of a flaw..
    3 years ago
    Jarms48Jarms48 Posts: 403
    - Give the Major two more RE's
    - Have him increase ability range when deployed as a retreat point (25-33% increase)
    - Decrease Rapid Barrages call-in time, it's far too slow
    3 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    Please, follow the leader tactics, just have your major on the front and everytime your units get pinned or suppressed use retreat point + retreat, the result is your units getting up because of yes, its like a cold down-less "On me" without bonuses
    3 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,057
    Imo officer like that shouldn't be on battlefield. He must be at HQ.
    3 years ago
    The major's arty is just sad. Can't even decrew an MG in the open with it.

Arty needs to fall faster and be more accurate. I'd say that increasing initial shells would be bad, make it cost 100MU instead.

That is all I would change.
    3 years ago
    Jarms48 wrote: »
    - Give the Major two more RE's
    - Have him increase ability range when deployed as a retreat point (25-33% increase)
    - Decrease Rapid Barrages call-in time, it's far too slow
    I was thinking about that major retreat point increase. it can work, but I think it should be locked behind vet 2 or 3.

And trust me, it's majorly easy to have a major be vet 3.
    Pastulio wrote: »
    Imo officer like that shouldn't be on battlefield. He must be at HQ.
    But he has too much of a major significance on the battlefield not to!!!
    3 years ago
    Kharn89Kharn89 Posts: 585
    So punny Grittle.. so punny.
    3 years ago
    mattkachumattkachu Posts: 167
    He should take this one up with Gen. Discussion, or at least Pvt Consultation
    3 years ago
    mattkachu wrote: »
    He should take this one up with Gen. Discussion, or at least Pvt Consultation
    This is a Balance Discussion not a General One.

The Major's abilities are under utilized and is in major need of improvements to at least make his abilities (Excluding retreat) enticing and viable.
    3 years ago
    I feel the major, just like the lieutenant could use some more combat oriented things. The majors direct strike takes away from using any doctrinal strikes, so why does he even have it? same goes for air recon. These abilities are often underused because they are expensive, and america often has them in doctrines or you're too busy micro managing 8 riflemen to also micro a major.

I feel maybe the strike call in could be closer to the I&R pathi finders, brutal, but hits 1 target. Put it behind some vet lock so you have to use the major out in combat to actually get it, you'll be rewarded for using him out in the field instead of guarding your ambulance.
    3 years ago
    mattkachumattkachu Posts: 167
    Grittle wrote: »
    This is a Balance Discussion not a General One.

The Major's abilities are under utilized and is in major need of improvements to at least make his abilities (Excluding retreat) enticing and viable.
    tried my own puns, dont be a jerk

TBH, ive never see the major being used, in most 1v1, small maps
    it doesnt matter where the rally retreat is. If anything the mjr is just a recon plane spamming tech cost
    But then again, im not in the same competitive play as many of you guys

USAF has more Mjr. Issues elsewhere
    3 years ago
    Mentioned before I'd like the retreat point to move to the ambulance to allow the Major to come forward a bit. Give him a variant of 'On Me!' in it's place.

OR! Have him arrive in a jeep. Why is someone so majorly important (you're right, that was fun) walking anyway?
    3 years ago
    mattkachu wrote: »
    tried my own puns, dont be a jerk

TBH, ive never see the major being used, in most 1v1, small maps
    it doesnt matter where the rally retreat is. If anything the mjr is just a recon plane spamming tech cost
    But then again, im not in the same competitive play as many of you guys

USAF has more Mjr. Issues elsewhere
    Oh I'm sorry your puns have such a minor significance in such a major discussion.

But in seriousness, I never see people use recon on major, even while in rally retreat. I don't know
    Mentioned before I'd like the retreat point to move to the ambulance to allow the Major to come forward a bit. Give him a variant of 'On Me!' in it's place.

OR! Have him arrive in a jeep. Why is someone so majorly important (you're right, that was fun) walking anyway?

Well...

you know....

Leg day is a "major" importance in exercise!!!!! HAHHHAHAHHAAA
    3 years ago
    something to consider imo is that this is a bonus to teching just like the OKW med truck or repair station etc the question is how poweful should an accessory to teching be and IMO the major is fine as is hes not supposed to be a super useful tool that has powerful off maps they should just be sitationally useful bonuses the recon has its occasional uses and the arty is trash only really useful if you want to force your oppnent to move by threatening mild annoyance but the retreat point is very useful and overall i think the major is fine.
    3 years ago
    Giant ambulance, Repair Station, AA destroyer of worlds vs a riflemen with a bar, a riflemen with a bazooka , smg and can tell guys to gtfo here and a guy with a hat and 2 RE that men can retreat to and use horribly overpriced abilities and has to get close enough to use them while his RE buddies take bullets for him.

Oh yea I think the USF is doing just fine.
    3 years ago
    Kharn89 wrote: »
    Giant ambulance, Repair Station, AA destroyer of worlds vs a riflemen with a bar, a riflemen with a bazooka , smg and can tell guys to gtfo here and a guy with a hat and 2 RE that men can retreat to and use horribly overpriced abilities and has to get close enough to use them while his RE buddies take bullets for him.

Oh yea I think the USF is doing just fine.

A giant ambulance that cant move so if used aggressively is very vulnerable and used defensively isnt really worth that much is a repair station really that valuable and yea sure the AA is deadly but it can be sniped by at guns and using any of them aggressively risks losing tech while losing USF commanders dosent cause you to lose tech
    3 years ago
    Try killing the giant ambulance when he's reinforcing all sorts of shit next to it. Unless you get some sort of a jump on him or he puts it up at the 50% mark on the map, he should have no problem defending it. Unless you have some magical AT weapon as USF while he's laying it base down and pinning you with kubels. You're describing a situation where the OKW is too aggressive, which isn't the case in most higher ranked games. They know how to use it, and they use it well.
    3 years ago
    You know I'm all for the major using a jeep. And make it like an ambulance with its own unique units.

Have him arrive in a jeep without a gun or a spare slot for squads, but still let him establish a retreat point in the vehicle, or perhaps every other vehicle.
    After the initial purchase you should be able to still make the major on foot for 160 manpower and buy the jeep with a vehicle crew for 140 manpower and 5 fuel, because it has no combat potential and it is very weak; just for transportation of tha major
    3 years ago
    sugmarsugmar Posts: 109

Option one: Major strategic point.
    Abilities:
    a) intelligence
    b) false artillery strike, with vet 1 at the end of falls 1 smoke bomb.
    in) Mortar fire area - 120 mm mortars release 6 shells in the selected area. +1/+2/+3 for each level of major.
    g) Call assault - in a targeted area of the plane and patrolled it for 60 seconds. Firing machine guns and cannons at enemy troops.

Optional: install Boford 20 mm anti-aircraft gun deployed with major and point of retreat.
    The troops of major - 5 people.

Option two: major as an amplifying unit additionally provides an aura to increase health and resistance to damage from explosions. 5/10/15%. When the deployment point of retreat the squad automatically erect green shelter.

Option three: major as a Unique offensive unit. When you call a major becomes available global sposobnosti request reinforcements. - in a random form you are given 2 companies of infantry, 2 units of light vehicles and 1 unit of heavy machinery for 800 MP.
    3 years ago
    SerrithSerrith Posts: 812
    I think a range boost at vet to the major's abilities would indirectly increase his survivability by making him useful farther away from the frontlines.
    3 years ago
    Jarms48Jarms48 Posts: 403
    Lieutenant:
    - Give them a second BAR
    - Give him the On Me! ability at vet1

Captain:
    - Give them frag and smoke grenades
    - Remove On Me!
    - Make Supervise a vet1 ability and increase it to 66%

Major:
    - Give the squad two more RE's.
    - Increase ability range when in lockdown (perhaps behind veterancy)
    - Speed up Rapid Barrages deployment time
    - Make Fake Barrage vet1, rather than vet2