Company of Heroes 2: The Board Game ( WITH PICTURES !! )

3 years ago
First, sorry if my english is not perfect. :)

I made Company of Heroes 2 in board game version .100% playable. I would love share my work for everyone but I am not sure if I can. If Relic give me permission I will upload everything for everybody (please dont send me private messages. I wont share it until relic let me). Caracteristics:

- 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 game. Play against your friends!
- Modular Hex map. Every game is different!
- 5 Factions. Every faction have an unique gameplay. No copy and paste!
- Winter and summer map.
- 50 Event cards with historical photos (winter storm, double damage, etc). This change the game eventually!
- Build and get resources. Ammo and gas. Look how your base change!.
- Select your commander at start. 5 commanders every faction with different skills! (Tactics: infantry, ofensive, defensive, etc).
- Archives 100% editables to change every text in your mother language.
- Thousand of tokens with every unit of the game.
- Destroy the enemy base or capture the control points to win.
- And much more!

Pictures (SPANISH VERSION, BUT DOESN´T MATTER. EVERY TEXT IS EDITABLE FOR NEW LANGUAGES):

+ 50 Tile modules with lot of variety and +100 tokens to use!

DyvAVOh.jpg

Put your units in different places to gain extra defense. And put buildings in the mid to get resources or defend positions!

zCIXpDw.jpg

Select your favorite faction and destroy your enemy. Every faction is different!

4iz6oJh.jpg

Prepare your resources and build your base with cards.

OAC2jej.jpg

Here you go!, well done.

mD9VieJ.jpg

This is another example for axis. Germantastic!

rJz4YKB.jpg

Empty zone. Waitting your commander. Choose your favorite!

aN6KDQj.jpg

Every commander is different with special tactics. And are real!. Play as Churchill or Rommel!

TpurP4z.jpg

Collect cards and build. German version. See?, every faction is different.

vOjW0XZ.jpg

Comments

3 years ago
    Awesome! I hope relic lets you release it, I'm sure my friends would like to do a CoH board game night sometime.
    3 years ago
    Holy mother of god this looks amazing. Great job on the details and everything else for that matter!
    3 years ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,129
    I can't quite figure out how the game's actually played, but I certainly must admit everything I am looking at is very impressive regardless. You must have slaved away for quite a while to put the game's art into a physical state so well.
    3 years ago
    NalanoNalano Posts: 215
    I see one of two things happening:

1) Relic co-opts it as positive PR
    2) Relic sends a C&D letter
    3 years ago
    I was thinking Monopoly :P This looks awesome
    3 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    I hope you get support, this looks really damn cool
    3 years ago
    The Big Red 1The Big R… Daly City, CA, USAPosts: 681
    _Aqua_ wrote: »
    I hope you get support, this looks really damn cool

probably will if the relic QA or PR guys aren't bureaucratic jerks and who knows maybe he'll make some money off of it it was HIS idea after all! now if only relic could support/approve a community project to create a native language option into the game...
    3 years ago
    Looks great. Well done :)
    3 years ago
    SerrithSerrith Posts: 812
    Wow great work with this! I have no idea how Relic will take it but hopefully they will see how much dedication and love you have for the franchise and how much effort you put into this.
    3 years ago
    Vuther wrote: »
    I can't quite figure out how the game's actually played, but I certainly must admit everything I am looking at is very impressive regardless. You must have slaved away for quite a while to put the game's art into a physical state so well.

Is very simple. Here is an example what units do (CLICK FOR ZOOM):

JSz2Kcb.jpg
    probably will if the relic QA or PR guys aren't bureaucratic jerks and who knows maybe he'll make some money off of it it was HIS idea after all! now if only relic could support/approve a community project to create a native language option into the game...

No,I dont want money. This is 100% free if they let me. This is only a prototype. Not finish. Everything is editable so if a faction is OP I can easily change parameters and adjust the gameplay.
    3 years ago
    TeryuoTeryuo Posts: 819
    Excellent work, keep it up!
    3 years ago
    What the? Well done sir! This is epic work. Amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us!
    3 years ago
    Rommel654Rommel654 Fort Eustis, VAPosts: 929 mod
    Being a board gamer since the 70's I see many great aspects here. Technical writing of your rule book and tables will be the biggest challenge. Squad Leader series as well as World at War processes may help refine your work. You have a great opportunity to scale from tactical to operational play that offers new depth that an RTS can't. Your rule sets can be put into phases (basic, advanced, hard core) for those balancing playability with realism. Nice graphics. GL
    3 years ago
    As someone that works in Marketing and with digital graphic arts, very very nice job! Did you get all of that professionally printed? The details are amazing.
    3 years ago
    TheSoldierTheSoldier Posts: 1,105
    Good mother of god, how much work and thought was put into this? It looks awesome, and although I don't know how it's played, it seems like it can work from the short little intro image you put up.
    3 years ago
    Kyle_RE wrote: »
    This is awesome! Seriously amazing work.

I sent you a PM, lets chat more about this when you have a chance.
    IT'S HAPPENING FOR YA ABETUS!

Yaaaaaayyyyy
    3 years ago
    Vuther wrote: »
    IT'S HAPPENING FOR YA ABETUS!

Yaaaaaayyyyy
    Yeah, lets see xD
    3 years ago
    ofieldofield Posts: 630
    Nalano wrote: »
    I see one of two things happening:

1) Relic co-opts it as positive PR
    2) Relic sends a C&D letter

Sega owns the license for coh, don't they?
    3 years ago
    ofield wrote: »

Sega owns the license for coh, don't they?
    Sega or Relic, I dont know.
    3 years ago
    TheSoldierTheSoldier Posts: 1,105
    SEGA owns Relic, that should drop enough of a hint. There are certain things that Relic can do and handle by themselves, but I don't think a board game would be just handled by Relic. I think SEGA would like to get involved in it as well.

Any word on it, by the way?
    3 years ago
    Relic sent me a private message but for now, he doesn´t answer me.
    3 years ago
    Holy shit this is awesome! Just promise me something: dont just give it to them for free. Youve done way too much work for that.
    3 years ago
    AbetusAbetus Posts: 12
    Hello my friends! Sorry for the posting delay but I have good news. First thanks all for the suport and good messages. Second thanks to Kyle for the help. Finally Relic contacted with me and yes, the game will be a reality (for now a prototype. One for me, other for dev team). If everything is ok, we will release the final game for free in digital version.

Relic sent me lot of assets, big resolution portraits and much more. Thanks again Relic for this. Now I want to show you some examples of cards (SPANISH VERSION). The final game willl be in perfect english and spanish (probably in other languages too). But right now here are 4 examples of cards. I love feedback and your messages. I will answer questions if someone want ask me. Have a nice day guys!

m66plPo.jpg
    3 years ago
    Way to go Abetus and Relic!!!
    3 years ago
    Yeah thanks!, I will post more soon.
    3 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    Even on my language, it gains points time to time
    3 years ago
    :-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is definitely one of the coolest things I've heard happening between a developer and their community.
    3 years ago
    Here we are. The elite units. How this work?, simple, you have the basic type and you can upgrade in your HQ the unit. This is like an evolution. The cost is very high but once you unlock the elite version, every basic unit you have of this type is instantly changed. Remove your old basic card and replace it with the elite version. Is the same card, with better stats. To unlock them you must level up the basic card to the max (lvl 2 in this case, but western germans have 3 levels being basics!). Once you are in lvl 2, you can buy the upgrade in your HQ and "flip" your card permanently with this new and badass elite version pasively until the end. Here is an example (spanish version):

EbEPRGx.jpg
    3 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,722
    great project...
    3 years ago
    Just imagine, this game comes to Android and playable online.
    TOTAL ORGASM!