Best heavy assault unit?

4 years ago
Is the sherman easy eight the US best heavy assault unit?

Comments

4 years ago
    TheSoldierTheSoldier Posts: 1,105
    The Churchill Croc is probably the best heavy assault unit. Fairly quick, heavy armor, a decent gun, and a flamethrower to incinerate anyone stupid enough to face it makes it good for taking out AT guns and forcing a route of enemy troops.
    4 years ago
    Smuck wrote: »
    Is the sherman easy eight the US best heavy assault unit?
    I wouldn't say heavy us don't have a heavy tank haha
    4 years ago
    SmuckSmuck Posts: 48
    TheLopsta wrote: »
    I wouldn't say heavy us don't have a heavy tank haha
    So they rely on the british
    4 years ago
    Yeah this gets problematic sometimes. Jacksons are great, but too fragile to assault. The EZ8 is the only thing that slightly resembles an assault tank. IMHO the USF needs a Jumbo or Pershing.
    4 years ago
    105mm Bulldozer Sherman Tank of the Armor Company is the best frontal assault unit I would say. But after the recent buffs to USF armor perhaps the E8 could do the job.
    4 years ago
    The phrase 'heavy assault' and USF do not go together well.

The easy eight is not a good heavy assault unit because it has a longish reload and it has weak armor.

The USF attack strategy involves breaking up enemy defenses during an attack. Use smoke to obscure MG's, AT guns and fire it into vehicles to deny them vision. Use artillery to break up larger formations and keep your units moving to avoid losing them in battles you did not intend to fight.

Is the USF method of attack 100% reliable? No, it isn't, one of the hallmarks of good USF players is to be able to switch from defense to attack very quickly when the moment is right.

I shouldn't really say defense because USF players should never practice defense in the same fashion as other factions, USF has to counter attack in order to put up a fight, bazookas must be maneuvered to hit side armor to be of use and there infantry need to get close to do enough damage to repel enemy infantry.
    4 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855
    The US basically has no heavy assault.
    3 years ago
    The Big Red 1The Big R… Daly City, CA, USAPosts: 681

@MCMartel said:
    The US basically has no heavy assault.

well there's the rangers but idk if u would consider them as a heavy assault unit...

3 years ago
    GardeningKübelSpamGardening… United StatesPosts: 7

pershings and vet 3 rear echelons lol