How to use OKW Scavenge - 9CP 105mm Artillery

4 years ago
The description in the game says "A barrage of 105mm artillery shells will be fired at the target location. The number of shells fired depends on your current stored munitions."

How does the "The number of shells fired depends on your current stored munitions" part work ? I mean it costs 180 munitions, I thought it means each barrage costs 180 munitions, so if you have like 360 munitions it will fire 2 barrages; but it just fires one barrage, decreases the munition by 180. That's it
Am I using it wrong ?

Comments

4 years ago
    TheSoldierTheSoldier Posts: 1,105
    The more munitions you have stored before using the ability, the more shells will be dropped and the longer the barrage will last.

Although I think they removed that feature due to some pretty serious bugs, but I haven't tried it out in a while (mainly because I don't own the commander). So it might just be a normal arty barrage now.
    4 years ago
    TheSoldier wrote: »
    The more munitions you have stored before using the ability, the more shells will be dropped and the longer the barrage will last.

Although I think they removed that feature due to some pretty serious bugs, but I haven't tried it out in a while (mainly because I don't own the commander). So it might just be a normal arty barrage now.

I just read a comment about how 3 barrages can destroy an entire USF firebase, but I don't think they removed it without editing the description of the command ability.
    4 years ago
    TheSoldierTheSoldier Posts: 1,105

I just read a comment about how 3 barrages can destroy an entire USF firebase, but I don't think they removed it without editing the description of the command ability.
    You'd be surprised at how much Relic doesn't fix when they change things. Lots of descriptions are still wrong, like how the Irregulars had the Partisan description (plant inside of any building) despite them not being able to.
    4 years ago
    y03y03 Posts: 1,075
    The irregular one i think was only for ToW. Anyways, the howitzer does have the munitions thing last time i checked.
    3 years ago
    jenova.projektjenova.pr… Posts: 13
    edited April 2016

15 salvos for the base cost of 180 munition default.
    *for the next additional 120 munition you receive 5 further salvos.(300mun)
    *the next additional 100 munitions grant 5 shots again.(400mun)
    *100 munitions again for 5 salvos added.(500mun)
    *and the last possible wave for another 100 munition.5 shots again for all in all 600 munitions spend.

3 years ago
    daspoulosdaspoulos Posts: 2,633

@jenova.projekt said:
    15 salvos for the base cost of 180 munition default.
    *for the next additional 120 munition you receive 5 further salvos.(300mun)
    *the next additional 100 munitions grant 5 shots again.(400mun)
    *100 munitions again for 5 salvos added.(500mun)
    *and the last possible wave for another 100 munition.5 shots again for all in all 600 munitions spend.

So what you're saying if you have up to 600 muni stocked up or more, you get the best possible barrage?

Thanks, but could you tell me how you know this?

3 years ago

i took a look into the attribute files with the modding tools. (abilities\west_german\modal_ability\commander_ability\howitzer_105mm_offmap_barrage) and looked into the action_list
    all over 600 munition doesnt count into the barrage anymore.

3 years ago
    lordpeter3lordpeter3 Posts: 321

@jenova.projekt said:
    i took a look into the attribute files with the modding tools. (abilities\west_german\modal_ability\commander_ability\howitzer_105mm_offmap_barrage) and looked into the action_list
    all over 600 munition doesnt count into the barrage anymore.

Very interesting info, thanks!!