[OST][ALL][Command Bunker needs some pizzazz]

3 years ago
Prooblm

Command Bunker is Currently extremely underused, Atleast you can use the Medi Bunker in your base or MG bunker to protect points. This thing can be negated by a mortar or by getting a Halftrack and use the muni for something more important, like a medi bunker.

Sulootn

We do these things
  • Command Bunker now costs 80 Munitions
  • Is now also a Forward Retreat Point (Togglable)
  • Upgrade now gives the Bunker 50% more health.
This give the Command some use as a Forward Retreat Point, and the durability to be one (prevents 2 shots from mortars). while the price increased is justified with all the extra goodies the command bunker has compared to the other 2 bunker upgrades.

Is good Idea?

Comments

3 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    People wont tolerate that ostherns get a foward retreat point, even if it would be great for ass grenadiers
    3 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,057
    With changes of 3 new factions it needs at least FRP. That's main reason why it's underused. Half-truck better at this point.
    But i would suggest big price, but also medics must be included. Or option to buy medics to command bunker.
    3 years ago
    iA3 - HHiA3 - HH IRANPosts: 284
    Retreat point is good idea, Retreat to nearest command post
    3 years ago
    HellRiderHellRider Posts: 144
    Retreat point for soviets and ost would be good. In huge 4v4 maps retreating to base is very annoying.
    3 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    I like this idea, though Soviets definitely need an equivalent as well
    3 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993
    _Aqua_ wrote: »
    I like this idea, though Soviets definitely need an equivalent as well
    I really can't think of anything aside from giving the FHQ a retreat point

Seems that Forward retreat is just another thing that Soviets have to get Doctrinal-wise..
    3 years ago
    y03y03 Posts: 1,075
    Grittle wrote: »
    I really can't think of anything aside from giving the FHQ a retreat point Seems that Forward retreat is just another thing that Soviets have to get Doctrinal-wise..
    They don't even HAVE doctrinal retreat. Maybe give them the option to upgrade buildings for MP to set as retreat points. Buildings can also build uhhhh....used as FHQ when upgraded by commander, ummm, maybe also can deploy cons, engineers? With FHQ can deploy T1 units except scout car and AT gun.
    3 years ago
    HellRiderHellRider Posts: 144
    I really can't think of anything aside from giving the FHQ a retreat point

Seems that Forward retreat is just another thing that Soviets have to get Doctrinal-wise..

Maybe deploying m5 halftrack like ambulance? With equal price.
    3 years ago
    Tech4417Tech4417 Posts: 405
    HellRider wrote: »
    Maybe deploying m5 halftrack like ambulance? With equal price.
    Could do that, make it an upgrade that toggles, asymmetry right there, acts as ambulance and FRT, slightly more expensive than ost command bunker FRT upgrade since ost would need a medic bunker nearby as well
    3 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    y03 wrote: »
    They don't even HAVE doctrinal retreat. Maybe give them the option to upgrade buildings for MP to set as retreat points. Buildings can also build uhhhh....used as FHQ when upgraded by commander, ummm, maybe also can deploy cons, engineers? With FHQ can deploy T1 units except scout car and AT gun.

I kinda dig this solution. Would be keeping in line with the soviet way "of doing things", and it would be justifiable gameplay wise too. I have no idea about the cost for neither that nor the Wher "Forward Retreat Bunker" though.
    3 years ago
    y03y03 Posts: 1,075
    I kinda dig this solution. Would be keeping in line with the soviet way "of doing things", and it would be justifiable gameplay wise too. I have no idea about the cost for neither that nor the Wher "Forward Retreat Bunker" though.
    If it was for wehr command bunker, maybe a 200 or 150mp price to unlock retreat point after upgrade. Then for soviet maybe a 250mp upgrade or 300mp for FHQ standard. Maybe also give Soviets the ability to repair buildings?
    3 years ago
    daspoulosdaspoulos Posts: 2,633
    Sandbag wall fwd retreat point.
    3 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,593
    Incomparably better forward assembly that is immune to small arms fire, can be build by basic infantry for only a fraction of menpower for faction with easy access to mobile reinforcing platform, T0 HMGs and quick mortars?
    What can go wrong?
    3 years ago
    Magpie842Magpie842 Posts: 480
    I am very much of the opinion that all the factions should get a Forward Fallback Point as an option in their non-doctrinal toolkit. So, I like this idea.

However, I have no idea if your proposed costs are anywhere near balanced. Probably not, I suspect.
    3 years ago
    Katitof wrote: »
    Incomparably better forward assembly that is immune to small arms fire, can be build by basic infantry for only a fraction of menpower for faction with easy access to mobile reinforcing platform, T0 HMGs and quick mortars?
    What can go wrong?
    And can be taken down by a single molotov, 2 mortar hits or tank hits. and will cost 80 munition bucks.

And will require a 2nd bunker for the healing, another 60 munitions and 125 manpower!

What can go wrong? ;^)
    3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,793
    Incomparably better forward assembly that is immune to small arms fire, can be build by basic infantry for only a fraction of menpower for faction with easy access to mobile reinforcing platform, T0 HMGs and quick mortars? What can go wrong?
    But can it supply every single infantry squad with weapons (at and AI?) or call down artillery? What about buff nearby pak43s and mg bunkers? Durability vs utility. And if it had a more than manpower cost to it there would certainly be no issue at all. Im on board
    3 years ago
    RCXRCX Posts: 95
    Leave muni cost for command bunker

Needs T2 building OR T3 research to be unlockable, add tech unlock of (was it 200 or 300 MP for OKW/UKF) to get toggable retreat point, leave HP as is, give cloak status, increased reinforcement radius WHILE NOT in combat to allow further medic bunker positioning and obviosly loses garrison slot.

Trying to make them different from each other faction while allowing some unqie gameplay.
    3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,793
    RCX wrote: »
    Leave muni cost for command bunker Needs T2 building OR T3 research to be unlockable, add tech unlock of (was it 200 or 300 MP for OKW/UKF) to get toggable retreat point, leave HP as is, give cloak status, increased reinforcement radius WHILE NOT in combat to allow further medic bunker positioning and obviosly loses garrison slot. Trying to make them different from each other faction while allowing some unqie gameplay.
    Id rather a bit more health than cloak... What about it upgrades into a concrete bunker visually and gets a armour/health buff.
    3 years ago
    SvanhSvanh Posts: 159
    Prooblm

Command Bunker is Currently extremely underused, Atleast you can use the Medi Bunker in your base or MG bunker to protect points. This thing can be negated by a mortar or by getting a Halftrack and use the muni for something more important, like a medi bunker.

Sulootn

We do these things
    • Command Bunker now costs 80 Munitions
    • Is now also a Forward Retreat Point (Togglable)
    • Upgrade now gives the Bunker 50% more health.
    This give the Command some use as a Forward Retreat Point, and the durability to be one (prevents 2 shots from mortars). while the price increased is justified with all the extra goodies the command bunker has compared to the other 2 bunker upgrades.

Is good Idea?

I like it and Hellrider's M5 idea. The costs will probably need some tweaking.

Here's a mod if you wanted to test out how it plays.

Changes:
    - Command Bunker upgrade now 80 munitions
    - Command Bunker can toggle Forward Retreat Point
    - M5 can toggle Forward Retreat Point, locks down the vehicle
    - M5's Forward Retreat Point removed if the M5 is upgraded
    3 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 3,027 mod
    Hmm. No. I don't think we need more things like that. Throw in a medic bunker and you'd have a battlegroup HQ. And those things are already enough a pain in the hindquarters as is.

While i agree that Command bunkers could do with *something* A forward retreat point is not the way forward. Problem is what though. One suggestion is just to increase the reinforce radius of the Command bunker. Simple yet effective.

Otherwise i think it's a bit limited what you can do with a command bunker without requiring a notable price hike or simply put make it too good. If the Wehrmacht had weapon racks you could do something with that.
    3 years ago
    Hmm. No. I don't think we need more things like that. Throw in a medic bunker and you'd have a battlegroup HQ. And those things are already enough a pain in the hindquarters as is.
    Yes, what a choice

Spend I believe 300 manpower and 40 fuel? for a tech structure that can heal + 200 for forward retreat, and has about 3000 health, immune to small arms, doubles the resource production in the sector it's in, and is built by a rather durable truck

Why you need to build 2 125 manpower bunkers, and 140 munitions to upgrade both of them into Command and Medic. doesnt not provide any bonuses to the sector it's in, dies from a single molotov currently. dies to anything explosive really, and is built by a infantry squad that could be used to do something else, like capping points or protecting that open flank.

So 500 Manpower + 40 fuel for a 3000 health structure, or 250 Manpower 140 Munitions for 2 separate bunkers that dies to a grenade.
    3 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,593
    Forward retreat points are 2nd main cause of blobbing, first one being extremely good LMG dmg profile.
    3 years ago
    BernhardtBernhardt Posts: 1,660
    I´m fine with bunker changes if soviets get Sandvich dispenser.
    3 years ago
    Forward retreat points are 2nd main cause of blobbing, first one being extremely good LMG dmg profile.
    If you make 2 bunkers, one being command and medi. your losing 2.33 LMGs for your grens.

That .33 of a LMG really makes a difference you know.
    3 years ago
    </removed>

<moderator input> Reinserting content that has been clearly removed by the moderator team is not tolerated.
    3 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,057
    If you make 2 bunkers, one being command and medi. your losing 2.33 LMGs for your grens.

That .33 of a LMG really makes a difference you know.

Or panzerfausts if you smap osttrupen!
    3 years ago
    Personally I only think the bunkers should become far more durable against flame weapons. I use them all the time once I have already established a defensive position. Except in a 1v1 where building anything as any faction isn't really viable. Bunkers still work in a 2v2 though. Grab an AT gun or two to dissuade any anti infantry vehcles. Still have enough munitions for panzerfausts usually. My grens usually have enough to upgrade to G43s or MG42s as well. Skip T3 then roll out the panthers before they have a medium tank worth anything.