How to deal with UKF tank swarm?

3 years ago
It seems that UKF can pump out more tanks numerically no matter what control you have. Their tanks are ultra-durable and very mistake friendly. When playing as Germans in 3v3's or 2v2's. We just can't seem to produce as many tanks. We can not lose a single tank early and bust 2-3 of theirs but in the end they end up swarming our panthers and stugs, and P4's anyways. What do we do against tank swarms? It's usually lategame when they have flaks that make quick work of anti-tank guns. They literally wipe them in seconds, especially Rackenwaffers. Crocs are even worst and are near indestructible even with Jadgtiger or Tigers. No matter how I flank.

Comments

3 years ago
    ArglistArglist Posts: 15

Probably you should be able to counter by placing mines in strategic places , mainly due to the fact that the German mines will trigger the passage of the tank ( and not the infantry , as happens with mines allies ) . Two or three mines should not be too expensive and would give you the distance to point those three anti-tank guns against the hapless enemy tank . So much for the Werhmacth . For Oberkommando I think a fair amount of Puma could hold off the enemy tanks at least initially , while the advanced phase of the game ... King Tiger ? or Panther Ausf ...
    3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855
    Mines for all, stugs to counter mediums almost everything and panthers to counter churchill/comet
    3 years ago

Shermans have a hard time penetrating panther from the front, and M10 & M36 are not real tanks that can take more than 3 shots. So just get a panther and other tanks and AT guns and maybe a Jagdpanzer IV early.

3 years ago

1 or 2 Panthers, 2 paks, shrek squads, and or mines

3 years ago
    SWeberSWeber Posts: 1

I feel like you are abit over exaggerating... I usually find myself swarmed by british tanks when giving my opponent to much room for breathing. I play mostly with fortifications doctrine (2v2s) and try to utilize the pak43 as much as possible, combined with clever mine placement, flak emplacements and mg nests works for me. Considered my unit preservation is flawless and such...

3 years ago
    BigBearBigBear Posts: 94

I recommend a combination of track busting/Teller mines with the Elefant tank. If you can get it to Vet 3 it becomes an absolute monster. Sight and positioning is critical though to prevent getting flanked, but if pulled off there are no long range counters to it.

3 years ago

Use scope + STUGs. They're mini-Elefants basically. Their rate of fire is much MUCH higher than the British opposing tank and are super cheap to replace. They are amazing.

2 years ago
    ArdanotusArdanotus Posts: 21

britisch 77mm tank is OP is hell, it can almost outrange a stug and with the FOrmula 1 blitzkrieg upgrade it can get 2-3 of those tanks can murder both inf and tanks withouth a challange..

2 years ago
    PedroPedro Posts: 63

@Zangool said:
    It seems that UKF can pump out more tanks numerically no matter what control you have. Their tanks are ultra-durable and very mistake friendly. When playing as Germans in 3v3's or 2v2's. We just can't seem to produce as many tanks. We can not lose a single tank early and bust 2-3 of theirs but in the end they end up swarming our panthers and stugs, and P4's anyways. What do we do against tank swarms? It's usually lategame when they have flaks that make quick work of anti-tank guns. They literally wipe them in seconds, especially Rackenwaffers. Crocs are even worst and are near indestructible even with Jadgtiger or Tigers. No matter how I flank.

USE PAK it works in mysterious ways ;).
    Seriously dude - fortification doctrine and pak 43. It literaly can stop on it's own several enemy tanks. U just need to place it in good spot and protect it.

2 years ago
    TheDonOfGhazTheDonOfG… Posts: 27
    edited July 2016

[removed]

2 years ago
    ZiomekZiomek Posts: 21
    edited October 2016

Mines and panzerfaust. And then move in with your armor.

2 years ago
    TorniksTorniks Posts: 368

@Zangool said:
    Rackenwaffers

This has got to be the most hilariously disfigured name of unit/weapon I've ever read on CoH forums.

2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229
    edited February 2017

All these noobs that only bring up crap counters like mines and KT are hilarious. Pls dnt use KT, and mines, while effective against some players, is a gamble. You need to use OP options like Pak 43. I see pedro brought that up before, kudos. Also sturm tiger and jagtiger can be verry effective, but they are not for noobs. Unless you have more than 1500 hrs under your belt just stick to fortifications doctrine until you get really good with it. I think it counters probably any allied strat, unless were talking about brits, which break the couter sytem, especialy with those airburst shells that they can call out with 0 line of sight. Tank wise try practising with puma. I easily can kill any individual heavy tank with heat shells and vet 1 turrent lock ability, provided its unsupported.

2 years ago

Pak43 lol. It will maybe shot 1-2 times, until the enemy see it. Then, after 30 seconds it is down by artillery.
    On smaller-medium maps, elephant and jagdtiger can help, on bigger maps, elephant is not such a good choice, too fast flanked. 3 panthers are ok, but at the end you will lack in anti infantry.

2 years ago

For reference, the cromwell is about as squishy as a sherman -- it's a bit faster and is 5% harder to hit, but that isn't a massive difference. The comet is marginally more fragile than a panther, and the firefly is a slower sherman. UK armor is good, but here, "good" translates to "can hold it's own against axis armor".

If the brit player is rushing you with their armor, the cheapest counter is at guns, stugs/jp4s, fausts, and mines on your flanks. Panthers are helpful as well, but if you are behind on fuel, you probably can't afford them. You should win a head to head slugfest, and fausts/mines will keep them from flanking you successfully.

2 years ago

you have panthers, at guns, panzergren with shreks, infantry with faust or shrek, and anything else that works against armor to use. if youre being swarmed and cant build enough AT units to counter that then my guess would be that you may not have enough fuel. if youre playing okw, you would want to secure and hold fuel ASAP. if youre wehrmacht then you also want to do that but in combination with building fuel depots. you may also be lacking in micro skill such as fausting tanks or keeping the front of your tanks pointed at the enemy or microing AT guns. ive never had this problem playing as any faction because i usually dont have a problem countering tanks. when i lose its more likely to be from players with good micro on their infantry and all their units. combined arms works in this game. tanks alone are quite easy to counter unless you have a deficit of fuel and manpower.