Feursturm Doctrine Discussion

3 years ago
Well, Relic's Stream provided some juicy facts about the new OKW Commander; So now we Discuss to THE DEATH! >:(
q1lkMWj.png
cmdr_west_german_thorough_salvage.png
Thorough Salvage: Salvaging will take more time, but also yields munitions resource.

icon_upgrade_soviet_flamethrower.png
Flammerwerfer 35: Sturmpioneers are now able to equip themselves with a Flammerwerfer 25 Flamethrower.
( 60 ammo )

cmdr_west_german_recoup_losses.png
Recoup Losses: Infantry that is lost will grant a portion of manpower back to the player.
( 80 ammo, 30 seconds duration )

vehicle_west_german_flammpanzer_38_hetzer.png
Flammpanzer 38 'Hetzer': The Flammpanzer 28 is a Jagdpanzer 28 modified with a Keobe flamethrower in place of the main gun.
( 400 mp 135 fuel 16 population )

cmdr_west_german_rocket_barrage.png
Rocket Barrage: Call in an Off-map Barrage of devastating 280mm Rockets to a targeted area.
( 200 ammo )

Source:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/43730/relic-stream--october-28Personally, I believe that the Heatzer should cost 30 less fuel, 40 less manpower, and come out at 7CP. Because it's rahter lacking durability wise (It died in 4 hits from Pershing, so its probs the same as a JP4) Its not a problem. But I dont think its worth getting this over a Panzer 4 J.

The other abilities are decent in my opinion. Flamers, Popcap Free Walking Stuka Barrages, an actually useful Relief Infantry Ability. and the Uber Salvage to back all of this up. a Decent Urban Offensive Commander.

Comments

3 years ago
    Kharn89Kharn89 Posts: 585
    Grittle wrote: »
    Well, Relic's Stream provided some juicy facts about the new OKW Commander; So now we Discuss to THE DEATH! >:(
    q1lkMWj.png
    cmdr_west_german_thorough_salvage.png
    Thorough Salvage: Salvaging will take more time, but also yields munitions resource.

icon_upgrade_soviet_flamethrower.png
    Flammerwerfer 35: Sturmpioneers are now able to equip themselves with a Flammerwerfer 25 Flamethrower.
    ( 60 ammo )

cmdr_west_german_recoup_losses.png
    Recoup Losses: Infantry that is lost will grant a portion of manpower back to the player.
    ( 80 ammo, 30 seconds duration )

vehicle_west_german_flammpanzer_38_hetzer.png
    Flammpanzer 38 'Hetzer': The Flammpanzer 28 is a Jagdpanzer 28 modified with a Keobe flamethrower in place of the main gun.
    ( 400 mp 135 fuel 16 population )

cmdr_west_german_rocket_barrage.png
    Rocket Barrage: Call in an Off-map Barrage of devastating 280mm Rockets to a targeted area.
    ( 200 ammo )

Source:
    http://www.coh2.org/topic/43730/relic-stream--october-28Personally, I believe that the Heatzer should cost 30 less fuel, 40 less manpower, and come out at 7CP. Because it's rahter lacking durability wise (It died in 4 hits from Pershing, so its probs the same as a JP4) Its not a problem. But I dont think its worth getting this over a Panzer 4 J.

The other abilities are decent in my opinion. Flamers, Popcap Free Walking Stuka Barrages, an actually useful Relief Infantry Ability. and the Uber Salvage to back all of this up. a Decent Urban Offensive Commander.

I dont think you should base the usefulness of a Hetzer based off of its engagement with the brand new heavy tank for the USF..... If it has the durability of a JP4 that's really good. Those things are tough to crack.

Flamers don't really matter anymore honestly, not for OKW considering Volks have an incredibly lethal flame grenade, maybe before that was added. Flamers on OKW Squads are nice, I wonder if they'll be able to swap between minesweeper and flamer or does it disable flamer like everyone else?

The manpower regain seems useless, I don't know about anyone else here but I find OKW have boatloads of manpower at all stages of the game. If you could exchange loses for fuel or munitions that would of been a lot better.

Seeing thorough salvage in another doctrine is great.

Seeing a rocket barrage is also really good, you dont need to pickup the mechanized truck just for a Stuka anymore.

I hope this gives OKW a bit of variety, but its definately not as good as some of the current doctrines just a refreshing change from the ordinary.
    3 years ago
    Kharn89 wrote: »

I dont think you should base the usefulness of a Hetzer based off of its engagement with the brand new heavy tank for the USF..... If it has the durability of a JP4 that's really good. Those things are tough to crack.

Flamers don't really matter anymore honestly, not for OKW considering Volks have an incredibly lethal flame grenade, maybe before that was added. Flamers on OKW Squads are nice, I wonder if they'll be able to swap between minesweeper and flamer or does it disable flamer like everyone else?

The manpower regain seems useless, I don't know about anyone else here but I find OKW have boatloads of manpower at all stages of the game. If you could exchange loses for fuel or munitions that would of been a lot better.

Seeing thorough salvage in another doctrine is great.

Seeing a rocket barrage is also really good, you dont need to pickup the mechanized truck just for a Stuka anymore.

I hope this gives OKW a bit of variety, but its definately not as good as some of the current doctrines just a refreshing change from the ordinary.

Yeah, sure. Because it was ALWAYS a rush for the mechanised truck at the moment....

Also, I do believe this doctrine will be broken. WHY FLOAT EVEN MORE MP?!? "Because we found out the OKW was struggling against the USA" Relic said in the last stream....
    AND MORE MANPOWER AND INFANTRY SPAM IS A GOOD F******NG IDEA???

.......*angry rant ended*
    3 years ago
    RennerRenner Posts: 642
    Well, I don't mind that manpower blitz, sort to speak. You never know when it may happen you run out of the MP, even with OKW, and you can salvage a lot of munis with the first ability.

But that Hetzer was just underwhelming. I was doing calculations how its going to be pwnd by TDs... But after this stream I realized not only zooks blobs can just stand in front of it and own it hard while bathing in its fire, but probably Cons throwing AT nades, lol.

But God, its so hard to satisfy everyone and balance between useful and OP. You see folks crying "NOT BUYING THIS", but if its any useful it would be OP and P2W. But either way, I'm getting these doctrines because they still offer some interesting choices, I'm sure there will be some re-balancing in the future.
    3 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,058
    80 ammo for MP?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pRnQYS0S5c

And i'm not sure flamethrower will be good on Pios.
    3 years ago
    In2anityIn2anity Posts: 521
    I can't help but think that now OKW has access to fire, the volk nad should be reverted back to the way it was. Wasn't the whole point of the incendiary nade to provide a counter to sim-city? I suppose that forces OKW to wait and see what UKF builds before choosing their doc, less than ideal...

Also, how useful is a dedicated AI tank @ 8cp? ( you've presumably already got the flame-pios by that stage ). I'd quite like to see the ability to switch guns actually; not an amazing AT gun, but enough to take on light-mediums. IMO a bit of a gimmick that late ( considering OKW's lack of AT ).
    3 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    It has a flame vehicle for axis, which is good, but having the flametrower for sturms kinda sux since its parcially a downgrade for them
    3 years ago
    In2anity wrote: »

hard to keep track of things among all the spam...

^^^ Yes WTF is wrong with people and is something being done about these online stream idiots who saturate us with their useless human garbage?
    3 years ago
    NevecOneUpNevecOneUp Posts: 1,202
    For 80 munition it gives you back about 90% of lost manpower (relic stream). Not OP at all.........
    3 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,595
    Hetzer will cost 280/100, yes its confirmed.
    3 years ago
    ballist1xballist1x Posts: 198
    Company of flame wars continues. It's becoming over centralised in gameplay i feel.
    3 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    ballist1x wrote: »
    Company of flame wars continues. It's becoming over centralised in gameplay i feel.

They are forbidden weapons on the war for some reason
    3 years ago
    ballist1xballist1x Posts: 198
    Oh look all their inf and all my inf has flames, quick flame nade them. Oh noes a flame tank! Aie damaged over time:/
    3 years ago
    Then people whine about why Sturms has flamethrowers. You know, your riflemen can be upgraded with flamethrower package, just saying.
    3 years ago
    In2anity wrote: »
    I can't help but think that now OKW has access to fire, the volk nad should be reverted back to the way it was. Wasn't the whole point of the incendiary nade to provide a counter to sim-city? I suppose that forces OKW to wait and see what UKF builds before choosing their doc, less than ideal...

Also, how useful is a dedicated AI tank @ 8cp? ( you've presumably already got the flame-pios by that stage ). I'd quite like to see the ability to switch guns actually; not an amazing AT gun, but enough to take on light-mediums. IMO a bit of a gimmick that late ( considering OKW's lack of AT ).

Hard counters to core units shouldn't be doctrinal.
    3 years ago
    y03y03 Posts: 1,075
    Then people whine about why Sturms has flamethrowers. You know, your riflemen can be upgraded with flamethrower package, just saying.
    Yes....but then again they have no flame nades.....or panzerschreks, or high accuracy vet.(volks vet is 20% at vet 2 + 40% at vet 4 while sturm pios have 30% at vet 4 and 5 while riflemen have vet 3 30% accuracy). Reason with all this vet accuracy is because they increased the flame thrower scatter if i am not wrong.