Should Hit the Dirt be vet Ability? COMES WITH POLL AND WHY AM I IN CAPS NOW?

3 years ago
If there are 5 thing the majority of the forum population should know about me by now. its the following:

1- I like using pictures in my balance/suggestion threads

2- I post mostly decent ideas on wishlist

3- I am a majestic artist on MS paint

4- I point out extremely weird inconsistencies on balance (COUCH SCOUT CAR AA COUGH)

5- I HATE MOST OF THE SOVIET VET 1 ABILITIES WITH A BURNING Yet Soothing and Calming PASSION

How much?
well, enough for me to find and test any and every possibility to change it to something worthwhile and cool. because only cool people use units with cool vet 1 abilities, and that's a fact. I mean, look at the Wehr vet 1 abilities

Medikit- Iz kinda kool, helps when your floating the muni and retreat seems like a painful idea at the current moment

Stun Round- OH MY GODNESS THIS IS THE BEST VET ABILITY IN THE ENTIRE GAME, WHOEVER IN RELIC CAME WITH THIS IDEA SHOULD GET A PAY RAISE PRONTO

Infantry Tracking- Decent, useful for the unit that has it (Scout Car), and fairly cheap too. is cool

Blitzkrieg- Great, really cool. in the matter of fact, so cool its giving my buns frostbite. wait.. hold on. I need to warm my buns for a minute.

Counter Barrage- Promotes late game laziness, which is not a bad thing really.... kinda cool

Bunker Buster Barrage- Is pretty cool, but pretty pricey, much better things to use the 120 muni price tag on, like using more of those glorious Stun rounds

As you can see, the vanilla opponent's the Soviets go against has cool vet 1 abilities, which is probably why it gets 90% search rates on 3v3 and 4v4, or it could be how OP Prosttruppen are... (Im ignoring the advantage SU has 1v1 and 2v2, thats more of a problem with call-ins, a much more touchy subject)

"But Grittle! I completely ignored the title of the thread and only read it because I have absolutely nothing to else to read on currently! when are you going to do your balance magic"

Well, its not balance first off, there Suggestions. I can trust the Relic could and probably have better suggestions and ideas than I can provide for their complex and patented Balance machine. But nerveless I move on, struggled by the fact that my buns are still frosty from blitzkrieg's coolness.

Now onto the Soviet vet 1 abilities, Today Im solely focused on 4 things:

1- Hit the Dirt

2- Commisars

3- tripwire flares (blehg, such a horrid ability for some units)

4- Conscript Support and Combined Guards tactics

Now my suggestion is an extremely complex process, requiring precision, advance trigonometry and calculus, and the required use of chemistry to conjure up such a delicate, yet fruitful suggestion.

Now read closely

More closely....

I SAID READ CLOSELY >:(

Now, my suggestion is really hard to figure out:

Replace the Tripwire Flares vet ability with Hit the Dirt for Conscripts and Guards only. and replace Hit the Dirt on the 2, rarely used, Doctrines that do use Hit the Dirt as an Ability the the Not one Step Back Doctrine's Commissar.

Why? well my sane friend, it solves quite a bit of problems.....

1- Conscripts become abit more useful late game -- GASP -- regardless of Doctrine chosen! Giving them more durability options when against late game foes. thus increasing utility and less QQ in the forums, and thus less money needed for the Forum Moderator's Aspirin Bill. same goes for guards. But because I like consistency.

2- 2 Doctrines are now used more frequently. atleast momentarily. Almost brings a tear in ol' Grittle's Eye

3- There are more 2 more Soviet units with better vet abilities. Hooray!!!!!

4- My buns are now more cool when playing soviets, before, there were too toasty to play in prolong amounts, amounting to 2nd degree burns on my buns, and that was no good

"But Grittle, I, for some reason, can't read! could you give me some form of visual aide?"

Sure can do bud, here it is

pKk60lD.png

Oh, I almost for got, poll thing: Like Comment Suscribe

Should Hit the Dirt be vet Ability? COMES WITH POLL AND WHY AM I IN CAPS NOW? 25 votes

My Buns feel Cool and Fabulous from this Suggestion (Yes)
88%
Attempted MurderExterm1natusVutherAvnasMisieq145Jarms48MartenHeinskircharbiter900thedarkarmadilloGrittleWilliamzpinguino132GenObiSam565PastulioA Flying WheelchairpablonanoSnuggle_BunnyZTwistedTootsyflatline 22 votes
My Buns feel Hot and disgusting from this Suggestion (No)
12%
RiCEKoufromMizuchiAchtAchter 3 votes