British Emplacement Commander

2»

Comments

3 years ago
    SAS CommanderSAS Comma… Rule Britannia Posts: 55

@Brummbar_Ace said:

@MCMartel said:
    So far there are so many axis players saying that the UKF is cancer, the UKF emplacements are cancer, and the UFK commanders are cancer. Can you (the people who are saying this) just admit you don't accept the UKF as a legitimate 5th faction and be honest, because that's the implification.

Nice try. Funny how when Tiger Ace came out, axis players agreed that it was OP. Now that the ball is in the other court, allied players are on here religiously defending their obviously OP commander... funny...

Well, I used TACE occasionally, I think that's balanced now, but the brits are what they are, you give them an area, they will make it near impossible to take away, there's a thing called tactics and team mates, unify an assault you win....

The idea is not to be an idiot, if you depend on point and click and expect your army to somehow do it, of course you will loose. British emplacements are weak to fire and artillery, use a combined force rather than a spam. Base is targeting your arty? use more than one and move after ever 2 or 3 shells, the british base arty will have to adjust (which takes time) as well as the shells arriving to your mortar themselves.

FYI on the counter ability, the two buildings you can use that from can't build units while its active and has a 120 second cooldown when you turn it off, I think that is a fair trade for that ability....

3 years ago
    solowingsolowing Posts: 50

I can understand why people would find Advanced Emplacements and Improved Emplacements frustrating, even though I think those abilities are core to the commander and frankly the entire Anvil Specialization. However, people complaining about Counter Battery are a bunch of wusses.

Counter Battery is only useful against mortar teams and maybe Iegs. But if you really want to give a Brit player a headache, you're going to use Stukas and Nebelwerfers, neither of which are under any real danger from Counter Battery if you're relocating them after firing, like you should be regardless. The whole point of mobile artillery is the ability to move them away from danger. Think about that, and quit being lazy.

All that aside, here's a thought: What if they replaced one of the FOB upgrades (either Advanced or Improved) with an expanded influence radius? If your emplacements could be further apart, they'd be less susceptible to barrages and thus wouldn't require repairs as often (maybe lessening the need for Advanced Emplacements).

3 years ago
    SAS CommanderSAS Comma… Rule Britannia Posts: 55

@solowing said:
    I can understand why people would find Advanced Emplacements and Improved Emplacements frustrating, even though I think those abilities are core to the commander and frankly the entire Anvil Specialization. However, people complaining about Counter Battery are a bunch of wusses.

Counter Battery is only useful against mortar teams and maybe Iegs. But if you really want to give a Brit player a headache, you're going to use Stukas and Nebelwerfers, neither of which are under any real danger from Counter Battery if you're relocating them after firing, like you should be regardless. The whole point of mobile artillery is the ability to move them away from danger. Think about that, and quit being lazy.

All that aside, here's a thought: What if they replaced one of the FOB upgrades (either Advanced or Improved) with an expanded influence radius? If your emplacements could be further apart, they'd be less susceptible to barrages and thus wouldn't require repairs as often (maybe lessening the need for Advanced Emplacements).

I completely blanked the rocket arty xD

3 years ago

Much has been said already, to sum it up this commander is a, travesty, a blattant attempt of grabbing cash at the expend of balance and an already dimmed playerbase it's preety much what happened when elite units commander came out for the wehr, if someone in relic or sega still loves this game, this commander should be totally reworked.

3 years ago

The obvious problem i see with this commander is the building auto repair. In many teamgame, they revise the nearly dead emplacements back to full health likely within 15 seconds. Okw leigs almost being bleeding MP out for that. Nevermind with Stukas and Nebelwerfers,. those emplacements could reach 3 star before your next cooldown.

3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

Frankly, the commander is way too weak post-patches, which is obnoxious because it was a DLC commander, to pay for a commander and then have it nerfed into uselessness is awful.