UKF Royal Artillery

3 years ago
omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 526

3CP (60 ammunition)early warning its a great ability nothing to say
4CP (100 ammunition) for just 3 shots each 25 pounder? needs a increased shots or anything like that
6CP (300MP 80F 12CP)valentine tank: does 80 dmg or 60dmg not sure its really , hard to get it vet as it die instant,bad aginats all , gets late in game and expensive as in UKF alpha it came up with infantry section recon which can do assault grenade just like assault grenadiers but it was in alpha
9CP (375MP F90 14CP) sexton Artillery: cost more than it do as its AOE is so small and got a really bad accuracy and very high CP which also dont have that much range as its also in alpha had a officer which can make sexton shot air burst
10CP (225 ammunition)Perimeter Overwatch: its great ability but need little buff like mobilizing the pounder faster

Comments

3 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268

Yeah Overwatch is impractical outside of very narrow 1v1 maps. The Howitzers have to reface all the time, and for 225 muni it should be much more reliable. Honestly it seems like just a bad idea for an ability in general, I think the emplacement commander's counter battery should replace it.

3 years ago
    solowingsolowing Posts: 50
    edited April 2016

The Valentine is actually my favorite part of the commander. A super long-range spotlight unit that can also defend itself and hunt vehicles if necessary? Great! I only wish you got it a little earlier.

Sure it can pretty much only punch below its weight, but I see it kinda similar in class to AEC, with more non-combat utility.

3 years ago

@SOLOWING am sry to say it cant defend it self try in cheatmods 1 panzer grenadiers vs 1 valentine or 2 volks ( as axis bring even more than this number) just try it and see how it dies in 30secs the only great thing i like in valentine is the smoke ability and does it cost 12 CP? i cant get a sniper with lower CP and lower up keep and lower price for recon

3 years ago
    bingo12345bingo12345 Posts: 100

sexton is the worst unit ever. please attention to sexton.

3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

Basically, the entire regiment is utter garbage and needs a boost.

3 years ago
    PanzerFaustPanzerFau… NoPosts: 284
    The Valentine would do great at 4CP, it coukd be used as a AEC alternative with late game effectiveness too. Damage is still kinda crap though.
    3 years ago
    MikeHaggarMikeHaggar Posts: 635
    This commander is basically what you go with if you want UKF Hard Mode. Its usefulness depends on artillery, and right now most artillery in the game is utterly toothless, especially the Sexton and the 100 munitions call-in for this commander. I have seen blatant direct hits from these artillery types do next to zero damage to OKW infantry. Meanwhile OKW artillery call-ins wipe out everything in their radius and are very accurate.

You can use the artillery call-in through the fog of war, even on OKW base trucks, but it doesn't matter much when they miss 95% of the time and do pitiful damage the few tines they do hit anything.
    3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

It's completely useless.

3 years ago
    solowingsolowing Posts: 50

The one thing I'll say about UKF artillery is that the airburst shells aren't too shabby. The regular barrage might as well be harmless pyrotechnics but I've seen the airburst wipe squads before, much to my astonishment.

3 years ago
    KnighterKnighter Posts: 396

This commander is a piece of sh*t

3 years ago
    ScottishNomad1988ScottishN… Posts: 35
    edited May 2016

If I had my way, I'd make the following changes.

1: Remove the Sexton's "Creeping Barrage" (Shouldn't copy the Priest) and change it to Airburst Shells (Like from the Anvil Doctrine). It would make it unique to the Priest and would certainly help make temporary snares to groups of vehicles. Perfect support for Infantry Sections armed with PIATs. Might need to cost 75 Munitions for maybe 4 Shells.

2: I would replace the Valentine's ability that lets Sextons use Supercharged Rounds with an ability that let's your base 25 Pounders perform a creeping barrage instead. It just makes a hell of a lot more sense to have those do it, since there's more than one and is the only way to make a proper Creeping Barrage. Plus it would create more light cover more quickly. I would like to see the shells land like this.

O__O__O__O__O__O
    __O__O__O__O__O__O

Each 25 Pounder would fire a shell every 7 Seconds but the second 25 Pounder won't start firing until 3.5 Seconds after the first one fires, allowing a steady stream of shells to fall.

Of course, this also make the Valentine less reliant of a high pop cap Sexton or two being on the field. I would price that at 100-125 Munitions.

3 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

Early warning is amazing and no one should don't touch it.

Concentration barrage is really nice to have and I'm fine with how it is.

Valentine needs buffs. Give 25% extra health as vet 2 and increase damage to 120. It's stats are almost as good as a medium tank and would make it almost a Cromwell replacement but still far from it, and will give you some early offense with all that defense and be a muuuuch better replacement for AEC. Its abilities are good fine however.

Sexton is getting changed in upcoming patch.

Perimeter overwatch is meh. Too expensive and only defends your own territory so it's useless on the maps that you would normally take this commander on.

3 years ago
    JPaulezJPaulez Posts: 7
    edited July 2016

In my opinion, the only change needed is the accuracy of those 25pdr in the base.
    Maybe make them vet up and receive buffs like regular units?

3 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

Concentration Barrage is really weird, is is just base howitzers firing at you targeted area without having to use squads' red flare. The only good thing is that it can fire into fog of war; the bad thing is that the ability, since it uses the base howitzers, is still crap.
    Simple solution would be that, if nearby mortars or Sextons are within range and not in barrage cooldown, they will fire at the target too. That's what would make in "concentrated".

Valentine is okay, it is a light tank with characteristics of a light tank. What's erky about it is pointless vet1 ability, which requires the presence of another doctrinal unit to work at all, and how close it needs to get to use that ability. No point doing that when you can must micromanage individual Sextons yourself and keep the Valentine safe. If anything, other units should have the vet1 ability, including the Sexton itself: when it uses it, base howitzers join in so the barrage brings more shells.

3 years ago

@comrade_daelin said:
    Concentration Barrage is really weird, is is just base howitzers firing at you targeted area without having to use squads' red flare. The only good thing is that it can fire into fog of war; the bad thing is that the ability, since it uses the base howitzers, is still crap.
    Simple solution would be that, if nearby mortars or Sextons are within range and not in barrage cooldown, they will fire at the target too. That's what would make in "concentrated".

Valentine is okay, it is a light tank with characteristics of a light tank. What's erky about it is pointless vet1 ability, which requires the presence of another doctrinal unit to work at all, and how close it needs to get to use that ability. No point doing that when you can must micromanage individual Sextons yourself and keep the Valentine safe. If anything, other units should have the vet1 ability, including the Sexton itself: when it uses it, base howitzers join in so the barrage brings more shells.

and it shot 3 rounds for 100 MUN

3 years ago
    KnighterKnighter Posts: 396

I think the base howitzers should receive some buffs overall. Its almost never used except when someone goes churchill which is rare then you get the airburst shells which is ok. The commander relies havily on the usage of base howitzers which suck in my opinion.