COH 3

Comments

2 years ago
    MeevinmanMeevinman Posts: 37

Now before anyone comes at me with the "hurrrr it's been done so many times with Battlefield and CoD", first of all they're FPS, not RTS. BUT, what I would like to see is CoH set in present day, with modern vehicles, like we see in Wargame, but with the same play style as a regular RTS.

Just thinking about commanding Bradley IFVs or Armata tanks makes me want to fund Relic myself to make it.

2 years ago
    TheWiseTheWise Posts: 63

I've got the only wish to CoH3 - Relic, please, don't do anything related to Soviet Union in your next game. Better nothing, than such a bunch of russophobic crap, as it is in CoH2. Let your little westernites play Normandy and Rein Watch and so effing on and think, that they won that war, but - don't touch the memory of my ancesters.

2 years ago

@vile said:
    When released CoH 2 was billed to be an all incompasing WW2 game. To me thats everything from the Eastern front to Burma, Afrika, Finland, Italy & the Pacific theater. With the necessary forces also being added for each front. If this original concept was to be followed through, then there would ber no need for CoH 3. It could be done by adding campaigns, & more ToW. The knock on effect of this would be to give players a greater choice of faction, & that can't be a bad thing.

I agree, Coh 2 should have all factions and Fronts.

2 years ago
    JackyDullJackyDull Posts: 56
    edited July 2017

Honestly, I prefer concentrating on CoH3, rather than adding new standalone factions for coh2.

2 years ago

@JackyDull said:
    Honestly, I prefer concentrating on CoH3, rather than adding new standalone factions for coh2.

A part of me agrees, I would like Company of Heroes 2 to feel complete and have each of the major Armies of
    the Second World War. I just hope Company of Heroes 3 doesn't come out soon, maybe in 3 to four more years.

2 years ago
    qrterqrter Posts: 9

The largest surrender of both British and US forces were by the Imperial Japanese so they should be included in some ww2 game.
    History is written by winners and common folk are forced to defend their countries in times of war so anything demonizing a faction is a low blow. I hope that whoever writes the next campaign doesn't fill it with stupid propaganda just that there are no real winners in a war.

2 years ago

Coh Alpha: a prequel designed by both Relic studios and Created Assembly bought to you by Sega Entertainment.
    A persistent map/territory conquest set in the time of the young Roman legion. Defend territories against the barbarian horde and the threat of the established Carthaginian nation. Fight other nations by securing resources like metal, water/food before the arrival of the feared invader of the East the man who invaded more land masses in history than any other general, Genghis khan.
    Kappa klause

2 years ago

Yep. the Japanese Army should be added in this game to make it complete.
    Or maybe someone could make a mod for it at least.

2 years ago

Feature wishlist
    New environmental effects like a) fog b) raining brimstone and metal c) burning wrecks with random smoke obscuring view depending on direction of the wind. If at one point make it look like armageddon and there is no tomorrow!
    If it rains make the colors more saturated and the units more vibrant and temporary thunder that increases unit vision for a second.
    And please do NOT remove a) victory points b) retreat and veterancy c) cover system d) true sight.
    Also include a temporary zoom out option and maybe some fleeting in game zoom camera (unit expressions that takes you right in the action/desperation) without breaking the flow of combat.
    Also a meaningful graphic showing which unit option is selected (e.g. when a sherman is using armor piercing or incendiary rounds). Also if a specialized unit is selected (ie infrared half track make the whole battlefield appear as its vision like blanket the whole field in infrared or night vision)

2 years ago

@qrter said:
    Feature wishlist
    New environmental effects like a) fog b) raining brimstone and metal c) burning wrecks with random smoke obscuring view depending on direction of the wind. If at one point make it look like armageddon and there is no tomorrow!
    If it rains make the colors more saturated and the units more vibrant and temporary thunder that increases unit vision for a second.
    And please do NOT remove a) victory points b) retreat and veterancy c) cover system d) true sight.
    Also include a temporary zoom out option and maybe some fleeting in game zoom camera (unit expressions that takes you right in the action/desperation) without breaking the flow of combat.
    Also a meaningful graphic showing which unit option is selected (e.g. when a sherman is using armor piercing or incendiary rounds). Also if a specialized unit is selected (ie infrared half track make the whole battlefield appear as its vision like blanket the whole field in infrared or night vision)

That's a nice wish list. I would like a definitive edition of Company of Heroes that has better optimization and Japan as
    a bonus faction.

2 years ago
    JackyDullJackyDull Posts: 56
    edited August 2017

@Slapnut1207 said:

@JackyDull said:

I just hope Company of Heroes 3 doesn't come out soon, maybe in 3 to four more years.

3.5 - 4 years makes sense to me.

2 years ago

Yep

2 years ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 961

@JackyDull said:

@Slapnut1207 said:

@JackyDull said:

I just hope Company of Heroes 3 doesn't come out soon, maybe in 3 to four more years.

3.5 - 4 years makes sense to me.

I'd say more like 13. That seems to have been the time between AoE3 and 4, by the current performance from Relic seems liable to go the same way as Ensemble...

2 years ago
    GrenadierIT19Grenadier… ItalyPosts: 575

What i really hope is that a CoH2 won't be like what's going on at the moment:

• CoH1: Western Front (4 factions)
    • CoH2: Western Front + Eastern Front (5 factions)
      Seriously only a front + 1 faction per game!?
      What i think should be done is CoH3 on the Pacific to make a great change, while CoH2 should focus primarily in Europe and then, expanding to the Pacific.

As @vile said before, you don't need to make a new game, just add campaigns, armies and maybe also Theater of War related to a front/campaign.

CoH2 is a good game, when Relic released WFA is was skeptic but when they released it I realized that it was the right decision, a game with only 2 factions would have become boring soon, factions are those things that makes it interesting and also the way the armies work is a good idea.

The only thing I think is wrong is that great amount of Ostheer and Soviet useless commanders, the WFA and Brit commanders are better made.

CoH2 needs some love.

2 years ago

@TheWise said:
    I've got the only wish to CoH3 - Relic, please, don't do anything related to Soviet Union in your next game. Better nothing, than such a bunch of russophobic crap, as it is in CoH2. Let your little westernites play Normandy and Rein Watch and so effing on and think, that they won that war, but - don't touch the memory of my ancesters.

If they do Russia, > @GrenadierIT19 said:

What i really hope is that a CoH2 won't be like what's going on at the moment:

• CoH1: Western Front (4 factions)
    • CoH2: Western Front + Eastern Front (5 factions)
      Seriously only a front + 1 faction per game!?
      What i think should be done is CoH3 on the Pacific to make a great change, while CoH2 should focus primarily in Europe and then, expanding to the Pacific.

As @vile said before, you don't need to make a new game, just add campaigns, armies and maybe also Theater of War related to a front/campaign.

CoH2 is a good game, when Relic released WFA is was skeptic but when they released it I realized that it was the right decision, a game with only 2 factions would have become boring soon, factions are those things that makes it interesting and also the way the armies work is a good idea.

The only thing I think is wrong is that great amount of Ostheer and Soviet useless commanders, the WFA and Brit commanders are better made.

CoH2 needs some love.

I agree, more factions. Either wise I won't but a game or faction dlc that just has two factions. Because
    when It comes to mind I think about the multiple armies and fronts of the war. Not just one front.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,821
    Post WFA/BRITS i could totally see WW1. Think about it:
    Dig in with low effort defences and send blobs of infantry at one another.
    2 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Post WFA/BRITS i could totally see WW1. Think about it:
    Dig in with low effort defences and send blobs of infantry at one another.

works well in the free mod for CoH1 on Steam.

2 years ago

how about vietnam

1 year ago

I have always wanted to see a game in Italy. the 10th Mountain Division's story would make a good storyline....

1 year ago

why not add all ww2 unit, faction to coh2 as DLC
    them coh3 will be ww1, cold war or moderm war ?

1 year ago

@Dangminh25 said:
    why not add all ww2 unit, faction to coh2 as DLC
    them coh3 will be ww1, cold war or moderm war ?

because it's too much to cover for one game with such a variety of units and combat types.

1 year ago

North Africa of course.
    Maybe France 1940 too

1 year ago
    I say I said the Mediterranean, Pacific, and Wolfenstein campaigns. Because I think the Mediterranean campaign(after watching greatest tank battle in southern and northern Italy)(and fighting in north Africa will be fun besides other game I played that have that campaign)and the Pacific Campaign(greatest tank battle south pacific) will be an interesting historical campaign. Wolfenstein campaign is a one way to have fun.
    1 year ago

@Slapnut1207 said:

@vile said:
    When released CoH 2 was billed to be an all incompasing WW2 game. To me thats everything from the Eastern front to Burma, Afrika, Finland, Italy & the Pacific theater. With the necessary forces also being added for each front. If this original concept was to be followed through, then there would ber no need for CoH 3. It could be done by adding campaigns, & more ToW. The knock on effect of this would be to give players a greater choice of faction, & that can't be a bad thing.

I agree, Coh 2 should have all factions and Fronts.

I'd add - and all periods of war on all fronts. But - this will NEVER happen, because the Relic in this case would be forced to implement their beloved Nazi Germany's disastrous defeats from Soviets – like "10 Stalin's strikes" in 1944 with real (i.e. more, than potent) Soviet Army instead of current collection of darkest Nazi propaganda myths, which would be a sort of Egyptian torture for them :-))

1 year ago

CoH 3 will be in Italy / North Africa. I had a poll sent to me from Relic asking me about it.

11 months ago

I am sorry if there are errors since I do not speak English and I translated it with the Google translator.

Since I met Relic I have been fascinated by their impressive proposals and how they have evolved for the better in most cases, although there is always a false step from time to time, which is normal we are human and we must learn from our mistakes. But of all the creations, the one that I'm passionate about, is undoubtedly Company of Heroes and for the third installment of the main saga I would like to take into account some aspects that I think would improve the strategy, tactics and realism of the game.

1 I think it is essential that the health bar system be eliminated. And that a system of damage based on possibilities of impact is implemented, determined by:

• the concentration of fire on the squadron in question.
      -the level of coverage (giving coverage in buildings a greater importance than the rest)
    • the ability of the squadron to cover itself in the case of infantry, determined by the level of experience in combat and the training received, which are two completely different things and only if there is coverage, otherwise this aspect should not have in account, since it does not matter which squad it is, it is very ugly to see an elite squad ignore a burst of MG42 machine gun while blatantly crossing a highway).
      -in the case of armored vehicles, the damage must be located, destroying different areas of the arc as they are hit and only if the weapon used to fire the projectile is able to penetrate that area creating a consequent damage to the impact zone. For example:
       - Destroy the tracks and the engine leaves the vehicle without movement giving the possibility to the enemy infantry to assault it directly killing their crew, but this could defend according to their level of experience.
      -Killing the crew or only part of this which would force to reinforce in the base or by an allied squadron that donates some soldiers.
      -An impact on the ammunition zone would create a large explosion that would leave the vehicle in a hopeless condition even for recovery vehicles and squads with the ability to recover ammunition and fuel.
      And I repeat, for being what I consider most important, that only damage is caused when the aggressor weapon is able to penetrate the armor of the area in question. I find it ridiculous when a small antitank destroys a Panzer V Panther in the front area with this tank having a hugely thick armor leaning over this area. In my opinion, these types of attacks do not cause damage at all and should simply bounce.

• Another question that I think is extremely important and that I think is treated very superficially is the damage by distance, for which I think that two new concepts should be implemented:
      1- Directional vision. Increasing considerably the vision towards the direction in which the unit looks both infantry and vehicles and reducing the vision in its rear. Since in the Second World War the distance depended a lot on the penetration capacity of the armor of many tanks and anti-tank weapons. On the other hand the bolt-action rifles have a very poor firing rate compared to the assault rifles and sub-rifles, however they were more effective at long distance than the first ones and much more than the seconds. It happens to me a lot in CoH 2 that the troops with assault rifles only need to walk a very small distance to counteract the distance advantage of the riflemen. And on the other hand the tanks have a horrible aim against the infantry and AT guns at close range.
      2- Fight indoors. I think it is very important among other things to claim the special troops such as the Rangers, the Falshinjager and the English Commandos. Why can not enter a building occupied by enemy troops when in fact the best task for this type of troops armed with submachine guns and assault rifles is to clear buildings occupied by the enemy in close combat, even in the melee why not. Therefore previously expressed the need to increase the importance of buildings as coverage, as areas of withdrawal and for example as medical centers that were abandoned in CoH 2 in case they are in agreement with my suggestion to eliminate the health bar It will not be necessary to heal the troops in the battlefield but to rescue the wounded as was done in CoH and thus form more veteran squads.

I would also suggest the inclusion of the Japanese army that I think deserves it. And if it is not asking too much but I think that if it is the inclusion of naval battles (this last is a secondary suggestion I do not intend to change the style of the game at all since I love it)

Thank you for reading these humble suggestions.

10 months ago
    SomeguyfromIdahoSomeguyfr… Posts: 84
    edited October 2018

Just some of the things I want for COH3

Clear Veterancy perks
    In coh2 the vet descriptions are vague I want something more clear

Nerf LMGS
    In coh2 lmgs are far to good how about something like Coh1 were the LMGs reduced the movement speed of the squad it was equipped to.

At least one Non-German Axis faction
    my vote is for Hungary

A UKF without emplacements
    emplacements suck the fun out of games, and COH is about clever aggression and movement not fortress building

Infantry skins
    it would be a good way for relic generate additional income and give customization option to the players and I got an idea for a Skin pack "Dirty War"

9 months ago
    ABCABC Posts: 9
    edited December 2018
    1. Grenade physics
      No more heat seeking AT grenades or satchel charges. They should be target ground or target direction for panzerfuasts. If it stays on the tank or not (falls into it the crew deparment) should depend on the postion were it lands and the acceleration. Also the accuracy of the trows should depend on the infantry type, elite infantry having better accuracy then basic troops. Grenades should also roll downhill.

2. Diffrent art styles for diffrent factions
      For example German Vet could be represented with small Balkenkreuz above the units instead of stars. Also diffrent HUD's for Allies and Axis.

3. Open-topped SdKfz 251 Halftrack
      For once in the series remove the canvas form the top and allow infantry to fire out of the vehicle.

4. Side armor for vehicle.

5. More diffrent units in Axis faction tech trees.
      For example for the main T3 allrounder AFV:
      Faction1: Stug III (the variant with 1 remote controled top machine gun and the coaxial machine gun)
      Faction2: Panzer IV.

4 months ago
    im_behind_youim_behind… Posts: 14

I know this will probably catch a lot of flak/hate but fuck it. This has been on my mind for a while for the next CoH:

First set around a decade from current times during World War 3 and each faction has its own full campaign. (20-25 missions)

1. America vs China set around the South China Sea. Reason for conflict: China has started annexing island nations in the South China Sea area.
      --American campaign starts with some island hopping like in WW2 Pacific Theater, Hainan, Taiwan, and invades mainland China.
      --Chinese campaign starts with fleeing from last few islands and implements a scorched earth policy on Hainan and Taiwan, then pushes back against American allied invasion deep into China bringing the war to a stalemate.

2. First expansion/dlc: India vs Pakistan. Reason for conflict: More and more of the world is going to war with each other, disputes between these two nations turned into border skirmishes which turned into full blown war.
      --The Indian campaign pushes to Pakistan's capital and wants to conquer Pakistan.
      --Pakistan's campaign goes through the conquering of the Kashmir region and then a push into India to pull some of India's forces away from their conquest of Pakistan.

3. Second expansion/dlc: Patriot Militia(s) vs Rebel Militia(s). Reason for conflict: After nearly two decades of intense political rivalry, political related violence, and even attempted assassinations of senators, those who would form the Rebel Militia(s) saw their chance to rise up and take control of America with almost all of the American military fighting in the China campaign or in Europe, igniting America's second civil war.
      --Patriot campaign: This campaign will show a combined effort of different Pro-America/Pro-Capitalism militias, called Patriot Militias by the media and population, who help recapture territories that the Rebels took over, eventually having all Patriot Militias (who can communicate with each other) group up along the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains to begin preparations to make a push into the areas heavily controlled by the Rebels between western side of the Rocky Mountains to the Pacific Coast.
      --The Rebel campaign will first show fervor into taking control of American towns but the Rebel militias (who are pro-Communists/Socialists) who can communicate with each other realize they are too spread out to do any kind of serious take over and group up to take over several key areas held by Patriot militias west of the Rocky Mountains. They hear about the massive group of Patriot militias grouping up and are beginning to come over the Rocky Mountains. The Rebels start grouping up on the western side of the Rocky Mountains and try to push back the Patriot advance.

4. Third expansion/dlc: Survivors vs Slavers. Reason for conflict: Nearly 100 years after WW3 ended with nuclear fire, a slaver nation has risen along where the French, German, and Swiss borders used to be and the survivor settlements must band together to end the slaver threat.
      --Survivor campaign: A group of volunteers made up of French, Germans, Swiss, and Russians (who are the decedents of Russian soldiers who invaded Europe during WW3) fight around where the French, German, and Swiss borders used to meet and push the Slavers into the Alps.
      --Slaver campaign: An Italian slaver nation needs more slaves and wants to expand its borders. At first, the conquest is successful but the now organized survivors are pushing the slaver nation back into the Alps and now the Slavers must stop the Survivors from destroying their Slaver nation by destroying paths in the mountains and halting any advances made by the Survivors.

Notes
    -It is never shown who won the conflicts due to the nuclear end of WW3.
    -Due to the first four available factions being vastly different and more powerful than the last four factions; when doing matchmaking/skirmishes, only America, China, India, and Pakistan can fight each other while only Patriots, Rebels, Survivors, and Slavers can fight each other.
    -This has been on my mind for a few months now and I thought I would share the idea (to be liked or hated) with the community. I even have a notebook where I have focused on the last four factions (units, commanders, abilites, etc) since they would be the hardest/ have to get creative to make up units and abilities for. Example: For the Survivor faction, there are four buildings, each that are made up from the nationalities of the Survivors: French, Swiss, German, and Russian, and provide units with their languages/accents.

4 months ago

Gas masks in WW II? It's not WW I, chemical weapons weren't used in that war. In fact - soldiers pretty often either scrapped their gas masks, or left them in baggage train.
    P.S. Soviet infantryman carrying Mosin rifle with bayonet fixed is historically accurate, though (at least for initial period of war).