War Spoils Duplicates (Again)

3 years ago

I am sure this has been addressed many times before, but still nothing has been changed-
We are still receiving duplicates in the crates.
Yesterday I got a second scavenge commander, and decided to check out how many duplicates I had. In fact, I even had 'triplicates'.
So once again I urge the developers to implement some sort of use for duplicates. Maybe a re-spin of the box? A trade for an item of the same type/rarity? A community trading function?
I recall Relic telling us not to delete duplicates when the system was first implemented. Why?

Comments

3 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 3,084 mod

Probably because they are planning on something with those duplicates that might make them worthwhile.

3 years ago
    MusketmarineMusketmar… Being a USF ParatrooperPosts: 68

How about Spoils Crafting?

3 years ago
    KithKith Posts: 144

How's about Duplicates get re-rolled automatically into not-duplicates so we don't have to introduce a convoluted and flawed system?

3 years ago
    Doktor_SDoktor_S Posts: 134

I believe the new War spoils system will help with duplicates.
    I would strongly advise you keep them Brumbar, as they will be worth something eventually.

Brummbar said:
    'triplicates'.

I too have loads of dupes, but am retarted and dont know how to check. How did you check?

3 years ago
    MikeHaggarMikeHaggar Posts: 635
    edited April 2016
    I wish they'd let us use then as a kind of currency to trade worthless ones for ones we want.

Like you could "trade in" a cruddy Jagdtiger call-in bulletin for 10 Cohdollars, and add it to your pile of cash. Then a regular bulletin would be like 30 cohdollars, a blue rare one would be 50, and a commander would be like 100.

That kinda makes top much sense though.
    3 years ago

@ImperialDane said:
    Probably because they are planning on something with those duplicates that might make them worthwhile.

Yeah my point is, they've been 'planning' since WFA came out. It's time to see results or at least some solid confirmation. Surely it's much easier to fix this than make 2 DLC packs.

Also, on a broader point, I am not saying that all dupes are bad, but we should be allowed to choose. I don't want 3 SwS speed bulletins or 2 same rare commanders >:(

3 years ago
    illequineillequine DublinPosts: 51

i'll just leave this here..
    clicky

3 years ago
    Doktor_SDoktor_S Posts: 134

Brummbar said:
    Yeah my point is, they've been 'planning' since WFA came out. It's time to see results or at least some solid confirmation. Surely it's much easier to fix this than make 2 DLC packs.
    Also, on a broader point, I am not saying that all dupes are bad, but we should be allowed to choose. I don't want 3 SwS speed bulletins or 2 same rare commanders >:(

Wow I was not aware of that... Kyle may be able to shed some light as to when the new changes are scheduled.
    I believe its EoM

@illequine said:
    i'll just leave this here..

Click bait link is clearly click bait.

3 years ago
    KithKith Posts: 144

@ImperialDane said:

It's kinda sad that the best we've got is that something "might" be happening, especially when adding a bit of code that rerolls dupes until you get something new is super straightforward and easy.

3 years ago

I'll trade you!!!

3 years ago
    Mr_RuinMr_Ruin Posts: 92

Can somebody at least explain to me how is it working currently? Should I play a lot of small matches, or long ones? Is it based on time (as I read somewhere, so massive 4v4 matches), luck (so number of matches more or less), or something entirely different?

3 years ago

@Mr_Ruin said:
    Can somebody at least explain to me how is it working currently? Should I play a lot of small matches, or long ones? Is it based on time (as I read somewhere, so massive 4v4 matches), luck (so number of matches more or less), or something entirely different?

@Mr_Ruin said:

It is based on number of matches and Hours during the match...

3 years ago
    Brummbar_AceBrummbar_… Posts: 48
    edited April 2016

When is the announcement for the announcement of the date for the announcement of the fix?

3 years ago
    BigBearBigBear Posts: 94

@Brummbar_Ace said:
    When is the announcement for the announcement of the date for the announcement of the fix?

That hasn't been announced yet.

3 years ago
    You have 3 slavage commanders? Pfft that's nothing.

I have 11 duplicate commanders.
    3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,817

they planned on having the forum back up in 2 weeks so you can probably deduce where they are at with warspoils...

3 years ago
    illequineillequine DublinPosts: 51

@WunderKatze said:
    You have 3 slavage commanders? Pfft that's nothing.

I have 11 duplicate commanders.

that's only one faction ye can see there :wink:

3 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

@Musketmarine said:
    It is based on number of matches and Hours during the match...

Incorrect, it is based entirely on random luck. You can play the hell out of this game and get ten drops whereas a noob plays one match and gets double the number of drops, all of them being the ones you want. Or not.

The best way to get drops period is to just play the game often. Which is the intent of the design.