Majority of commanders seem useless

3 years ago

Dear Community,
Is it just me or are the majority of commanders far worse than a handful of decent one's, with abilities that there is no point in ever using. I want to know if I'm missing something or the commanders are just really badly balanced.

Comments

3 years ago
    solowingsolowing Posts: 50

It depends on the faction. US Airborne is a solid commander any way you spin it, but I would rank Heavy Cavalry and Recon Company right up there with it. With you Recon you finally have a reliable medium tank, and Heavy Cavalry capitalizes on the US's infantry tactics while finally letting them slug it out with heavy armor. Meanwhile you have Mechanized which I agree doesn't seem to add much to the table.

3 years ago

I agree.
    Alot of the commanders seems useless.
    Or atleast a to big diffurance from some of the others. Often seems to be the same ones getting used again and again.
    Would be great if some of the more useless would get a helping hand, and in that way bringing more variation.

3 years ago
    DumkaTheSlavDumkaTheS… In the middle of nowherePosts: 5

Aye, soviet defence commander is a piece of tank trap that he have.
    But i think Relic will redesign some useless commanders someday

3 years ago
    SilleSille Posts: 70

I think most of the older us commanders are obselete after the realse of the new ones.

3 years ago
    edibleshrapneledibleshr… Posts: 251

@solowing said:
    It depends on the faction. US Airborne is a solid commander any way you spin it, but I would rank Heavy Cavalry and Recon Company right up there with it. With you Recon you finally have a reliable medium tank, and Heavy Cavalry capitalizes on the US's infantry tactics while finally letting them slug it out with heavy armor. Meanwhile you have Mechanized which I agree doesn't seem to add much to the table.

Airborne is a Manpower drain any way you spin it; P47 strafe is inaccurate, expensive, and shitty, and abilities from other commanders hold up much better through the game. And Recon company doesn't have a medium tank?

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,817

@Sille said:
    I think most of the older us commanders are obselete after the realse of the new ones.

some of the old commanders were obsolete BEFORE the release of the commander themselves (nkvd for example)