For Mother Russia

3 years ago

Well this is something that I strgled a bit, just to find something to nag about; It's the best skill in Soviet arsenal and tbh thought it was gonna get nerfed. But my complaint is; WHY THE FK IS IT NAMED For Mother Russia??? Change it's freaking name in what it should be; Za Rodinu Za Stalina! What is wrong with pseudo-libertarian, "antiextremist", apolitical pharisees!

Comments

3 years ago
    PanzerFaustPanzerFau… NoPosts: 284

@torpedocat said:
    Well this is something that I strgled a bit, just to find something to nag about; It's the best skill in Soviet arsenal and tbh thought it was gonna get nerfed. But my complaint is; WHY THE FK IS IT NAMED For Mother Russia??? Change it's freaking name in what it should be; Za Rodinu Za Stalina! What is wrong with pseudo-libertarian, "antiextremist", apolitical pharisees!

This game is in English, even German and Russian soldiers speak English, so why the fk would this ability be in Russian?

3 years ago

@PanzerFaust360 said:
    This game is in English, even German and Russian soldiers speak English, so why the fk would this ability be in Russian?

Ahem, you think this is a translation issue I'm talking about? Apart from the fact the the phrase I above is beeing used by conscripts in game (and this is where the 'pharisees' fulfils its role) the war was in defence of the SOVIET motherland, not the ukranian/russian/georgean/armenian etc. What I'm trying to say is that it was a combined efford of ALL the peoples throughout the vast UNION of lands. What bugs me is that I can't figgure out why the heck did they use that name for the skill... Anyway, it's a semi-serious post (my way of saying hi, I'm new in this forum).

3 years ago
    Mr_RuinMr_Ruin Posts: 92

You do know that even Stalin called on Russian patriotism as well as Soviet one? Calling upon heroes from Russian past like Bagration and even the name of war itself (Great Patriotic War) is connected to Patriotic war of 1812.

For the Motherland would maybe be a better name, but it is good as it is.

3 years ago
    Roof ShinglesRoof Shin… Posts: 143

Yup, great ability! Why the need for a rename? I mean it's just semantics. What gives u the right to name it?

Like a tank that was used in WW2 that looks like a t34 should be named a t34 but there was no "ability" in WW2 that would cause all the soldiers to move quicker and fight more fiercely for a set duration. Like it didn't exist. Why would anyone believe it should be named something else is beyond me. Develops named it cause they made it.

It's an appropriate name too. It suggests a battle cry, like ooohra. If it was named 'Kittens' or something random I'd totally agree, but that's not the situation here.

3 years ago

It is immediately identifiable to Relic's audience. Calling it a Russian name appeals only to people who know Russian or who were willing to search the name, but even then they wouldn't know how to say it proper so why bother. Are any German abilities named in German?