Commander Tiers

3 years ago

One of the best articles i ever read about COH was organizing commanders into tiers as there is clearly a substantial difference in their power. The problem is, the only article on the subject hasn't been updated for a while, does anyone know if there's been an updated version of it?
If not, can anyone give me advice as to what commanders might be arranged and how?

Comments

3 years ago
    solowingsolowing Posts: 50

I'm not super versed in USF commanders, but I would bet Rifle Company and/or Heavy Cavalry would be right at the top in S tier. The former because it bolsters the faction's existing forces in really meaningful ways, the latter because it gives you much more lategame staying power. Airborne and Infantry are still decent too, in my opinion. I'd be curious to see where USF's Tactical Support regiment ranks.

For UKF, Special Weapons at the top followed by Mobile Assault, Vanguard, Commandos, Engineers, Advanced Emplacements, then Artillery.

3 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 725

@solowing said:
    I'm not super versed in USF commanders, but I would bet Rifle Company and/or Heavy Cavalry would be right at the top in S tier. The former because it bolsters the faction's existing forces in really meaningful ways, the latter because it gives you much more lategame staying power. Airborne and Infantry are still decent too, in my opinion. I'd be curious to see where USF's Tactical Support regiment ranks.

Armor company is actually on top followed by Heavy Cavalry.

Rifle Company is a B-commander now. The 'Fire up' was a terrible idea it comes in too late and if you retreat during it you walk super slow allowing easy wipes. It's really a shame. I think they should replace it with a global activate buff to riflemen sort of like 'Combined arms' but not so fucking expensive.

3 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993

@WunderKatze said:

@solowing said:

Armor company is actually on top followed by Heavy Cavalry.

Rifle Company is a B-commander now. The 'Fire up' was a terrible idea it comes in too late and if you retreat during it you walk super slow allowing easy wipes. It's really a shame. I think they should replace it with a global activate buff to riflemen sort of like 'Combined arms' but not so fucking expensive.

• Switch Combined Arms and Fired Up
    • Fired Up becomes CP0, either get rid of the negative after effects or add temporary suppression immunity with the sprint, Rangers can also now use Fired Up
    • Merge RE Flamers and Riflemen Flares into a single ability, add a new ability: Riflemen Demo Charges (Self Explanatory)
    • Lower Combined Arms cost to 80 Munitions
    3 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 725
    'Combined arms' always seemed very expensive to me.

Though honestly I haven't used it enough to judge it's worth.