Relic Balance Preview Mod Feedback

Comments

4 years ago

Goliath
    Although the change is not bad I doubt that a Goliath can drive to an emplacement without being blown up from small arm fire.

Aha! That's where you are wrong, my friend! One word! Smoke! :smiley:

4 years ago

@Kyle_RE said:
    A Balance Preview Mod survey was just released to gather data on player's feedback.

Take the survey now: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BalancePreview

Keeps saying my steamid at the end is in in an invalid format. Definitely my correct steamid though

4 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723
    edited May 2016

@ScottishNomad1988 said:
    Aha! That's where you are wrong, my friend! One word! Smoke! :smiley:

Not many OKW units can lay an offensive smoke screen...so unless you have Ostheer teammate it a bit tricky...

4 years ago
    Muad'DibMuad'Dib Posts: 76

@guitarninja2 said:

@Kyle_RE said:
    A Balance Preview Mod survey was just released to gather data on player's feedback.

Keeps saying my steamid at the end is in in an invalid format. Definitely my correct steamid though

Same problem. Has anyone managed to submit successfully?

4 years ago
    VonManteuffelVonManteu… Posts: 159

I couldn't enter my steam ID.... It always said: Wrong format, but it absolutely was my Steam64ID :-/

But at all, absolutely great balance patch!! Best so far ;)

4 years ago
    Muad'DibMuad'Dib Posts: 76
    edited May 2016

Steam ID seems fixed, try again

edit: feel free to delete this and my previous post now that the issue is solved so they don't clutter the topic.

4 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    I love the Beta, I love all changes. Genius, make me happy and release them all.
    4 years ago
    VonManteuffelVonManteu… Posts: 159

@MG34:

• IMHO the Vet should be looked at. The MG feels fine now, also the cost increase was necessary, but the Vet requirements
      are too damn high. You can make 5-10 kills now and still not gettin a star. Should be tweaked
    4 years ago

In the spirit of strategic diversity, I wonder if having the MG42 be the replacement call in for OKW doctrines that used to have MG34s is a good change. Having a unit that can suppress in the core tech tree is healthy for the game, and can serve as a sort of checks and balances measure against toxic strategies.

However, the call-in MG doesn't seem as satisfying or rewarding now that its role has been filled in the core tech. Maybe some other unit with a passive or activatable ability that makes it feel somehow different from a core unit, and not necessarily another machine gun. As it is, the ability to get an HMG with slightly better stats with no build time at the trade-off of cost and doctrine selection doesn't seem like a strategically interesting decision to me.

4 years ago
    Mr. TiMr. Ti Posts: 5
    edited May 2016

With these changes in the patch, I want to draw attention to one important aspect:

OKW (panzerfaust):
    You did the right thing by giving engineers a panzerschreck and improving the efficiency of the Puppchen. Now the presence of the panzerfaust seems completely superfluous. With these changes, OKW has too many means to combat with light enemy tanks in the initial stage of the game. I think the best solution is to remove the panzerfaust from volksgrenadiers equipment.

The panzerfaust is a weapon that can cause bad gaming experience for the Allies, against which the tool can be applied. I think so, because it is the weapon with a 100% probability disables the engine. If grenadier or volksgrenadier has time to take aim at the tank, it will in any case make a hit on the target. From the shot of a panzerfaust is impossible to dodge.
    In either case, the panzerfaust is required for Wehrmacht, since it is one of the few means of combating the enemy armored vehicles at the beginning of the game. However, I repeat, for the OKW is better to avoid the use of the panzerfaust, because this weapon brings a negative experience for the players to play for the Allies. Especially now, you can get rid of the panzerfaust, because now the engineers have a panzerschreck.

I am more than pleased with the changes of the Allies.

4 years ago
    edited May 2016

BRITISH FORCES

Starting Resources
    Solid change

Universal Carrier
    Solid change

Counter Battery
    Solid change but CP also need to go up...The aiblity simply comes to early.

Land Mattress
    CP change a bit too harsh better CP lvl around 7-6.
    W.P. should probably become vet 1 ability.

Sexton
    Buffed way to much Sexton fires very frequently especially with veterancy. It synergy with Valentine is still bad and valentine is under performing. A better way would be to fix the synergy (can give suggestions here.)

Firefly
    Good changes but the combination of tulips and gamon bombs is deadly replace stun with another critical like slow or turret damage...

Infantry Section (Both variants)
    Veternacy is fine flare are not. They have more range than grenades cost very little and comes too early...The price MU should go up or it could be replaced by smoke barrage....

Tank Hunter Infantry Section
    Solid change but again the ability is too strong with Gamon bombs. AT grenades and Gamon should share the cooldown.

Sniper
    Now the sniper will not risk anything since he can spot and use ability outside enemy range...How does it make a high risk ability???
    Replace with smoke barrage or revert.

the new ranges for arty also make the doctrinal ability "concentration barrage" look pale by comparison.

4 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

In regards to Rak43, I noticed that unlike other AT Guns it doesn't have a reverse (hotkey T) button. Bug or deliberate?

4 years ago
    capiquacapiqua Posts: 270

The elimination of bazookas, makes useless captain and players will displace at build viable units as riflemen. Ergo has removed a part of the strategy, which is only going to build riflemen.

4 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 3,197 mod

Please only discuss the specific changes. Otherwise make a thread of your own.

4 years ago
    _Brummbar__Brummbar_ Posts: 38

@Kyle_RE said:

Taken the survey,

One thing I definitely need to air is my issue with infantry and team weapons spawning from buildings. Whilst this may provide new strategies, I have two major concerns :
    1) What if I need my Obersoldaten or LEFG on the other side of the map to where my truck is positioned? Even if I set a rally point they STILL spawn from the truck, and in one instance I lost a squad because they carelessly wandered into an enemy emplacement blob.
    2) More opinion based, but I think it spoils the authenticity of the battlefield when units just appear from thin air. It just looks corny to me, I very much preferred them arriving from off-map.
    3) I also think this provides a big unfair advantage to OKW faction, as they are able to quickly spam infantry or team weapons from their frontline trucks.

So, suggestions:
    1) Remove the feature altogether.
    2) Make it rally-point specific. If my rally point is closer to homebase than the truck, it should deploy from my homebase/off-map.
    3) make the feature optional in the truck menu.

4 years ago
    Mr. TiMr. Ti Posts: 5

Volksgrenadiers

I suppose you realize that I often play for OKW and I now it seems that playing for this side too easy in the middle stage of the game. I see that my opponent often can not cope with my blobs volks with stg-44 (yes, there is such a sin). I can say, after more than 10 victories (almost one after the other) in the battles 2 vs 2 from OKW, the German stg at the volks cause too much damage infantry allies. Currently volks exceed US soldiers, as well the British and Soviet soldiers. Volksgrenadiers should not be more effective than the Allied infantry or Eastern Wehrmacht in terms of balance and historicity.

You recently increased attack power rifles at the volks from 8 to 10 points of damage. At that time it was the right improvement. Now the soldiers have stg, and this means that they have become many times more powerful. It seems to me that you should return parameter rifles damage to 8 points. In this case, the optimal performance will be achieved for by this unit.
    I hope that many will agree with me.

4 years ago

@Mr. Ti said:
    Volksgrenadiers
    You recently increased attack power rifles at the volks from 8 to 10 points of damage.

Volks rifles are bolt action and do more damage but fire slower. they do 12 damage per shot.

4 years ago
    javabaljavabal Posts: 88

Relic always the need to make the best game OKW: /
    1) Because they stretched the line of sight of AT? and the AT of okw is the best in the game, can get into homes, it becomes invisible, you can be retreat and do not need any technology to remove it (which gives more advantage because the other factions have to worry about having AT always some hand), I have been testing, and destroys tanks much faster than aT USF, then something is terribly wrong. I suggest moving the invisibility to vet 2 and move the AT to Mechanized Regiment.
    2) No need for Sturmpioneer have Panzershrek, the OKW learn to live without Panzershrek, as do the Soviets and UKF players who think estretegias to destroy tanks, do not give it that easy.

4 years ago
    TheBorgTheBorg Posts: 3

@javabal said:
    Relic always the need to make the best game OKW: /
    1) Because they stretched the line of sight of AT? and the AT of okw is the best in the game, can get into homes, it becomes invisible, you can be retreat and do not need any technology to remove it (which gives more advantage because the other factions have to worry about having AT always some hand), I have been testing, and destroys tanks much faster than aT USF, then something is terribly wrong. I suggest moving the invisibility to vet 2 and move the AT to Mechanized Regiment.
    2) No need for Sturmpioneer have Panzershrek, the OKW learn to live without Panzershrek, as do the Soviets and UKF players who think estretegias to destroy tanks, do not give it that easy.

To the AT, I'm in agreement that it has some of the best DPM, stealth and a retreat in the game while also being able to garrison. It's firing arc is fine as it was. Either revert the arc or remove the panzershreks from the strum. Because honestly now, the OKW are the only faction in the game with a unit that can act as AT, Anti-Infantry, build fortifications, repair, lay mines, and sweep for mines.

It's completely over the top how many roles they serve now, might as well use them as core infantry instead.

4 years ago
    capiquacapiqua Posts: 270

Sturmpioners&Penals
    After the initial design and small balances for so long with each faction has acquired its role:
    -US. Weak tanks and lack of hard tanks what this occupy the bazookas
    -UK. Medium Inf, emplazaments y good tanks.
    -SOV and WER. Combined arms
    -OKW. Heavy tanks, variety of elite inf and VET4-5.

+Knowing this, Why add Panzershrecks to Sturmpioneers for a faction with the best tanks of the all game?
    +Why sturmpios have a high DPS in early game when you haven´t a clear counter?
    +PPSH Penals have reverted, Why your DPS?

When lack of unities (maxim or buff penals) in early game SP continue their harassment going to the first engagement and forget capture. DPS would have to lower them or move to the next truck (perhaps as mg34 works being necessary to unlock). Although I prefer that no high dps in early game:
    Early sturmpios high DPS

Comets
    If nerf the armour rear there must be a price adjustment with Comet, because Panther has better stats and is more cheaper:
    Panther-175FU
    Comet--185 FU
    Panther&Comet

Universal Carrier
    In CE MOD has been decreased from 260 to 240. Perhaps because it's easy kill him with faust

sorry my english

4 years ago
    CriomancerCriomancer Posts: 33

I don't know how to say this but... I have been playing for maybe... 15 hours this mod or more?
    Well...Let me say something:

I play as OBK and SOVIET

OBK:
    It's feel too easy win with volks and their stg against infantry units, they do a lot of damage to infantry in my opinion. It need some touches. But good change.
    Sturm (as a guy said before) now have a lot of roles in the game Anti-Infantry, build fortifications, repair, lay mines, and sweep for mines. Too much for an Engineer unit and now is the only unit in the game with all of these. They're more spammable because it comes on early.
    All the other changes are fine too me.

SOV:
    Well... I think almost all is good right now but actually the soviet players have hard times to deal with Volks and their Stg, Why?
    Because they do not have a non-doctrinal unit with a assault rifle package or something like that, penals was a good counterpart for volks with their ppsh, but now they dont have it, Why (again)? because some players said "penals are overperforming", they didnt, NEVER.

Thanks for all! :)

4 years ago
    SaueeeSaueee Posts: 4
    edited May 2016

I have some balance issues in the OKW/Russian matchup.
    I wrote my point of view here:

I forgot to write that okw is also better in the very early game due to sturmpios which can cause less fuel income early on.

I am NOT a pro player but im not bad either. I think this problem is not dependent on my or anyones skill. Its simply a problem by the numbers (fuel cost).
    Sorry for bad english and spelling mistakes.

Thanks

edit: small mistakes, T3 costs 20 manpower less, SU78 = SU76

4 years ago
    champ19444champ19444 Posts: 3

I feel the StG 44 Package is too low priced and its costs much less than the BAR of the USF, same cost but for 2 weapons and its basically does the same job maybe u should make the the stg 44 package cost more or make the OKW upgrade volks twice for the price of 60 for each weapon or make the package 120 munitions.
    in my opinion it makes the OKW core units really effective in close combat with low priced upgrades and you got 2 units Sturmpioneers and volks charging and killing everthing in their path with their STGs while all allies have weaker close range infantry in the begining of the match

4 years ago
    Mr_RuinMr_Ruin Posts: 92
    edited May 2016
    1. I think that Schreck should be moved to Obers and Obers should be moved to Medic HQ.

Sturmpio's are doing way too much jobs now, with early aggressiveness, repairing, sometimes healing, searching for mines and hunting tanks all being put in their lap.

Removing Faust from Volks is a bad idea imo. Every other side has some form of AT at their core unit, but OKW shouldn't have it at all?

1. Did I see correctly that Penals again only have SVT 40's and a flamer? Close combat Satchel and flamer put on a unit armed with rifles suited to medium range is kinda silly to me, they should get PPSh's again.

And no, imo they are most certainly not OP, they are expensive, squishy, without smoke (what most assault units have), and cannot run before rank 2. Also that upgrade being 30 mun costlier will make you think should you get it.

@champ19444 said:
    I feel the StG 44 Package is too low priced and its costs much less than the BAR of the USF, same cost but for 2 weapons and its basically does the same job maybe u should make the the stg 44 package cost more or make the OKW upgrade volks twice for the price of 60 for each weapon or make the package 120 munitions.
    in my opinion it makes the OKW core units really effective in close combat with low priced upgrades and you got 2 units Sturmpioneers and volks charging and killing everthing in their path with their STGs while all allies have weaker close range infantry in the begining of the match

But you need to run into close range with a unit without speed boost or smoke. Suppress them with a HMG or Rear echelon. Use Penals against them.

Also BAR is quite potent at long range. STG's are somewhat also but not as much.

Maybe some increase to 80 or something would be ok, but 120? Too much.

4 years ago

Kindly refrain from doubleposting, IE making more posts to make more comments. Do it in one post or don't do it at all.

IF you feel the need to make things more distinct. Learn some formatting. Don't flood the threads.

4 years ago

Well having played more and observed more i am definately convinced that the American mortar needs to be looked into. In part due to it's veterancy which at vet 2 allows it to be very potent. Probably consider exchanging the vet 1 ability with something else so it has less of an unerring accuracy.

Otherwise in terms of strategic diversity this has been more of a success for the allies so far than the axis. As the allies have had a lot more options opened up for them. Axis ? less so really. And i'd argue there needs to be some looking into that with the next few updates to the balance preview.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

DeutschEnglishEspañolFrançaisItalianoРусский