Relic Balance Preview Mod Bug Reporting

3 years ago
Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin
edited May 2016 in Balance Feedback

Hey Everyone,

For any bugs that you find directly related to the Balance Preview Mod, please report them here.

A reminder that all bugs which are not directly related to the units/changes in the Balance Preview Mod (i.e. other game related bugs) need to be reported in the general Bug Reporting thread in the forums.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

3 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 3,084 mod

Still testing things out. But reporting a few bugs on the M2 60mm mortar until we get a more bug specific thread.

Basically american mortar crews carry a german mortar until they set it up. German mortar crews just have it invisible.

Also when it fires smoke rounds the animation is off. The crew itself goes through the motions but the mortar itself does not fire.

3 years ago
    RezearRezear Posts: 1

Bug:

Jaeger Light Infantry have lost their G43 rifle(s). When you call them in they come in with 4 K98K rifles.

3 years ago
    DjDrowsyBearDjDrowsyB… Posts: 46
    edited April 2016
    1. Universal Carrier still costs 210 (should cost 260).

2. Tank Hunters come out without their BOYS rifles.

3. The "Concentrated Sexton Barrage" ability tooltip on the Valentine is wrong. It says that it will have all Sextons fire 5 shells at the designated location. It should say 8 shells.

3 years ago
    LeodotLeodot Posts: 6

I had a bug in the lobby, something about different mod than others but it didnt update.

3 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 3,084 mod

60mm Mortar doesn't display properly while being carried around, either being the grw34 or being invisible.

Smoke barrage animation is also off. the crew goes through the motions but there is no firing of shells.

Captain doesn't have the Bazooka Upgrade

Jaegers don't spawn with their scoped G43s.

Stormtroopers don't have hold fire.

3 years ago
    TigerassTigerass Posts: 247
    edited April 2016

1.)
    The "Target Weak Point" ability of the OKW "Pak 43" does not stun enemy vehicles and tanks anymore.

The same ability is working fine for Wehrmacht "Pak 43" and "Pak 40".

Screenshot:
    - http://i.imgur.com/iLX3kW4.jpg
    (http://imgur.com/iLX3kW4)

2.)
    OKW "Kübelwagen" gives no voice reply when ordered to capture territory.

German Live Build Version 4.0.0.21299 with "May Balance Preview Mod"

3 years ago
    Jason_REJason_RE Posts: 17 admin

@DjDrowsyBear said:
    1. Universal Carrier still costs 210 (should cost 260).

1. Tank Hunters come out without their BOYS rifles.

2. The "Concentrated Sexton Barrage" ability tooltip on the Valentine is wrong. It says that it will have all Sextons fire 5 shells at the designated location. It should say 8 shells.

Fixed

@ImperialDane said:
    60mm Mortar doesn't display properly while being carried around, either being the grw34 or being invisible.

Smoke barrage animation is also off. the crew goes through the motions but there is no firing of shells.

Captain doesn't have the Bazooka Upgrade

Jaegers don't spawn with their scoped G43s.

Stormtroopers don't have hold fire.

Fixed. Model display issues with the 60mm mortar will get fixed before the patch but remain as it is for the mod. Smoke barrage anim is fixed

@Tigerass said:
    1.)
    The "Target Weak Point" ability of the OKW "Pak 43" does not stun enemy vehicles and tanks anymore.

The same ability is working fine for Wehrmacht "Pak 43" and "Pak 40".

Screenshot:
    - http://i.imgur.com/iLX3kW4.jpg
    (http://imgur.com/iLX3kW4)

2.)
    OKW "Kübelwagen" gives no voice reply when ordered to capture territory.

German Live Build Version 4.0.0.21299 with "May Balance Preview Mod"

Can you make sure you're running the right mod? none of those units have been altered.

3 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

OKW:

1) People are reporting that Volksgrenadier Panzerfaust inflict a guaranteed critical regardless of the usual health threshold. I believe I witnessed this in a match.

2) MG34 unit portrait in T0 is the Ostheer dude rather than the OKW dude. There's technically no MG42 dude either, the game has always given the squad the MG43 portrait.

3) Volks' StG upgrade seems to take a longer time to finish upgrading than compared with Panzerschreck.

4) Without Panzerschrecks the OKW bulletin "Grim Reaper Tool" is rendered useless.

5) In a match where there are multiple Panther Command Tanks, the icon over the portrait and hovering icon over the unit model constantly flash on and off, looks like a bug where the game is trying to overlap each tanks' aura over the other.

6) I've noticed that when retreating some squads, they tend not to actually retreat, forcing you to constantly press T, which may result in mistakingly retreating other units, or the unit you want retreated is killed.

3 years ago
    BlackcurrentBlackcurr… Posts: 2
    edited April 2016

Infantry Sections are unable to build emplacements with Advanced Emplacement Regiment once Defensive Operations is unlocked.

EDIT: Nevermind it already got fixed.

3 years ago

When the 60mm crew is blown to bits the textures stretch and distort.

It's frightening.

3 years ago
    TigerassTigerass Posts: 247
    edited April 2016

@Jason_RE said:
    Can you make sure you're running the right mod? none of those units have been altered.

Thank you for your response Jason.

It seems that my bug report belongs more to the regular bug section.
    Both bugs (OKW "Pak 43" stun ability" and OKW "Kübelwagen" voice reply) appear in the current live build with or without the "May Balance Preview Mod".
    I just want to make sure they reach the developper team.

(No other mods have been used.
    Only the "CheatCommands Mod" was used to confirm the issue.)

3 years ago
    • OKW MG42 icon uses Ostheers image; also has a reduced angle
    • Volksgrenadier Vet 3 doesn't work; they don't get passive heal
    • Volksgrenadiers with Stg are shown with infrared Stgs icon
    • Flammenwerfer halftrack isn't affect by Vet 3; still ~4 seconds between flame bursts
    3 years ago
    SgtQuadratEnteSgtQuadra… GermanyPosts: 25

Wehrmacht:

• MG42 fires but doesn't suppress units or suppresses them too late
    • sometimes, though quite rarely, your units trigger your own S-mines
    3 years ago
    GuziolGuziol Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    1. I tried it yesterday and this new american mortar didint benefit from vet. I put vet 0 and vet 3 unit next to eachother and compared every stat that veterancy should increase according to text on vet stars under the portait and they were identical. Same range, same fire rate, same barrage cooldown.
      ( a bit offtopic. Can something be done about vet 3 tommies dropping weapons like piniatas because of scoped lee's counting as dropable weapons? Or is that intended? )
    3 years ago
    • Overwacth Doctrine: Air Assault still doesn't work correctly; Scout plane doesn't scout and bombs are falling totally rng over the map.
    3 years ago
    SHB2099SHB2099 Posts: 20
    edited May 2016

1.AI Bug:The British Expert CPU can't use the Sexton correctly,AI doesn't use it as an indirect-artillery-fire,but always use it as a normal front-line tank! I never see AI use Sexton fire just one shell(I only can see AI fire Sexton's main gun in some mods like "all units mod",however,it only uses Sexton correctly in very few situations.)But US Forces Expert AI can use Priest as an indirect-artillery properly.Now,AI only use Sexton as a victim!That is so disappoint me!
    2.The cartridge pouch of M2HB .50 Cal Machine Gun Team seems missing.

3 years ago
    Lnk003Lnk003 Posts: 418
    edited April 2016

Repair Pioneers must now be purchased as an upgrade. 100 Manpower 15 Fuel.

when the building is destroyed and another one build you no longer need to purchase the upgrade.

Same for the healing building

3 years ago

Is it possible that amis have too much accuracy on fleeing infantry? A mate only got insta-kills in early game, wasn't normal.

3 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

@Lnk003 said:
    Repair Pioneers must now be purchased as an upgrade. 100 Manpower 15 Fuel.

when the building is destroyed and another one build you no longer need to purchase the upgrade.

Same for the healing building

I prefer it that way, if it needs to be re-upgraded every time a forward truck is destroyed no player would ever risk an HQ truck outside of base sector.

3 years ago
    GeneralsGentlemenGeneralsG… Perth, AustraliaPosts: 17

MG42 call in for OKW only costs 4pop, costs 260mp rather than the 280mp of Wehrmacht, and it seems to have a smaller arc than it's supposed to.

3 years ago
    TredBobekTredBobek Posts: 7
    edited May 2016

-My friend and I played against a Hard OKW AI (on a custom map called HKL West). The didn't build it's trucks, only used basic units. And built a bunch of 2cm Flaks and Pak 43 guns. Never had this kind of problem, even on this map. Although when I tested later it did used the trucks (same commander). Might be temporary.
    EDIT: It was better in the next round (although for an expert still not that strong. Didn't use many tanks, didn't build mechanic truck etc.)

-In the same match we had an expert Wehrmacht. The AI built Panzerwerfers, but it never used it's ability, just went it to the front line (just like what SHB2009 said about the Sexton). It was temporary.

-I don't know if they could come without weapons, but the Recon Support Compnay's Airdropped Combat Group's 2 paratrooper came without random weapons (only rifles, no LMGs, bazookas etc.)

3 years ago
    Zveroboy118Zveroboy1… Posts: 254
    edited May 2016

Found a bug with the soviet Engineers and T34/76.

T34 was brought down to 25% health and had an engine critical.

Engineers could not repair T34/76 above 75% health. They did however repair the engine critical.

Playing with a friend, so he used his rear echelons to repair the T34/76, which did work and brought the tank back to full health.

3 years ago
    SHB2099SHB2099 Posts: 20

Notice:The post below not only about bug issues,it also involving balance,wishlist,safeguard customer legal rights and so on.So please don't feel strange I post these content here,and not to close my thread.
    British Force has the most serious AI problem among all five factions.(all of the phenomena or problems listed below are under Expert British CPU/AI)
    1.Expert AI never uses Hawker Typhoons while US Force AI can often use P47 Thunderbolt. So I think these problems not only bug issues,but also involving balance problems because if you play as Allies,British AI will be your worst teammates,they are under performing!
    2.The British Expert CPU almost can't use the Sexton correctly,AI doesn't use it as an indirect-artillery-fire,but always use it as a normal front-line main battle tank! I never see AI use Sexton fire even just one shell.(I only can see AI fire Sexton's main gun in some mods like "all units mod",however,it only uses Sexton correctly in very few situations.) But US Forces Expert AI can use Priest as an indirect-artillery properly.Now,AI only use Sexton as a victim!That is so disappoint me!
    3.British AI currently never use Firefly's Tulip Rocket Strike even if AI has upgrade the tulip rockets.But I often see AI use German's Jagdtiger's ability called APCBC-HE shells.Another related problem is players never see AI use some special commanders even if these players have purchase them in the in-game store! For example,I wish I could see AI use Pershing Tank & use Pershing's special ability! I think those players have the rights to request Relic allow the AI in their game to use those special commanders which they have purchased.
    I really think Relic put the British Force DLC into the market even without getting the new Force's Artificial Intelligence ready,Relic was so hurried to publish the British Force DLC !

3 years ago
    GuziolGuziol Posts: 2

Not sure if bug or intended but i noticed that when you give Volks their STG package that completely fills their weapons slots wich i found very odd considering they get 2 and not 3-4.
    I know they are diffrent units but obers can still pick up a weapon with their 2 STG package and other STG units like pgrens can do so as well.
    Just something i found worth mentioning.

3 years ago
    MeGBillMeGBill Posts: 2
    edited May 2016

hello i just found a bug and its with brumbar unit it can cap point ...

de cap em !! XD

3 years ago
    TredBobekTredBobek Posts: 7

-My friend's universal carrier, which was a command vehicle, got abandoned. When he repaired it and recrewed it, it wasn't a command vehicle anymore, but he couldn't active the ability again (couldn't have a command vehicle again) because it said that he already has one.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,817
    I also ran into the kublebarr, it decapped as rapidly as the blitz ability from close the pocket and the JT capture ability at the same time (enemy wasnt using close the pocket, they used tiger ace)

Also captain lacked the option to buy zooks natively (no option on the captain unit themself)
    3 years ago
    Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin
    edited May 2016

Just a reminder that all bugs that are not directly related to the units/changes in the Balance Preview Mod (i.e. other game related bugs) should be reported in the general Bug Reporting thread in the forums.

3 years ago
    Jason_REJason_RE Posts: 17 admin

@comrade_daelin said:
    OKW:

1) People are reporting that Volksgrenadier Panzerfaust inflict a guaranteed critical regardless of the usual health threshold. I believe I witnessed this in a match.

fixed

2) MG34 unit portrait in T0 is the Ostheer dude rather than the OKW dude. There's technically no MG42 dude either, the game has always given the squad the MG43 portrait.

many animation issues, portraits etc will get fixed for the patch IF it is deemed worth enough to get patched into the live game but remain as it is for the mod.

3) Volks' StG upgrade seems to take a longer time to finish upgrading than compared with Panzerschreck.

They are different weapons. No reason why it should take the same amount time.

4) Without Panzerschrecks the OKW bulletin "Grim Reaper Tool" is rendered useless.

Will look into how that could be useful IF we feel the current changes with the Volksgrendiers should go into live.

@GeneralsGentlemen said:
    MG42 call in for OKW only costs 4pop, costs 260mp rather than the 280mp of Wehrmacht, and it seems to have a smaller arc than it's supposed to.

fixed

@MeGBill said:
    hello i just found a bug and its with brumbar unit it can cap point ...

de cap em !! XD

fixed

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.