War Spoils Feedback

Comments

4 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948
    edited May 2016

1) I'm not sure how you managed to get maximum space, even if you bought literally every in-game store item. Having played this game for three years, I'm only at like half the inventory maximum. If I go to the ingame store and buy everything, then I MIGHT reach max, but I currently have many several duplicates of certain items already.
    2) Not sure what you mean, the game gives a win bonus already, decisive win/ loss shouldn't matter.
    3) I'm not sure if an on-sale item would be reduced accordingly in supply points, it would hurt Relic's profit margin if that happened.
    4) I agree, maybe there should be an RNG in that 1-3 boxes could drop? Would certainly give the allure of playing the game more in hopes of getting multiple drops; the loot bar guarantees a drop, but the RNG of getting multiple boxes would add a fun element and encourage people to keep playing. It would of course need to be a rare occurrence and not like hope it is now where odds are as good as getting zilch eleven games in a row (yes I did once play through eleven games, wrote it down on paper, before I got one drop).
    5) It seems the limit is meant to encourage players to play automatch. Relic seems to have this subtle agenda of trying to make players play more PvP automatch instead of custom games, which I think will negatively impact the playerbase. It's the usual ironic "make them work harder even though it kills them" business mentality.
    6) With exception of bulletins, every item you can buy with supply points can be bought in the in-game store- the supply points are meant to be a grinding alternative. Unless you're really hurting for a particular bulletin there is no point in having a feature to buy supply, easier if Relic just lets players buy the bulletins straight up.
    7) With removal of duplicates I also think the only alternative is giving more slots for bulletins, like five as opposed to three.

4 years ago
    edited May 2016

@biglemon29 said:
    Suggestion: Greifing players lose 5,000 points each time they greif

Griefing players result in one thing: people leave, which means that player will also leave. Leaving means no points for everyone.
    Definition of griefing is usually in relation to the player being a general nuisance, but the term tends to imply some specific things like attacking teammates' bases and not other as-irritating behaviour like deliberately camping an irrelevant part of the map while the rest of the team gets pummelled. Griefing occurs when a team member intentionally behaves in a negative manner that impacts the other players- Relic nor the game cannot and should not try to define and limit that behaviour to attacking teammates, since it is very possible to unintentionally inflict friendly fire.
    Not to mention, a player can deliberately put their units in harm's way and provoke friendly fire, so who's the griefer in that scenario?

In short, the only thing this game should "deal" with griefers is through the other players' actions, which is just quitting and starting over. That might sound unfair, but no one will bother trying to slug out the rest of the match for a measly 2k points (one third of a drop), when they can just leave and play another match. Anything else feeds the griefing. Implementing a mechanic that can be exploited by said griefers and others will only make the problem worse.

@Felinewolfie said:

• Destructions of duplicates. Agree with you. That the amount of supply retrieved following
      destruction of the duplicates be consistant with value of said item. High for rare commanders,
      skins, less for common commanders, skins, etc and so forth.

Indeed, the rarity of items should be at least slightly more in point salvage than common ones.

@Felinewolfie said:

• It'd also be nice if could have option of only seeing official relic items and/or customs with a single click :)

Agreed, it's hard to set apart the custom stuff from official stuff, especially the skins, as they often look VERY similar. At least have the borders changed to something like yellow for the custom stuff, so you know what is custom and what is not.

@Felinewolfie said:
    Drives me nuts that as USA, most of my bulletins are Panthers.
    And most of my bulletins as soviets are MG42 and Panzer 4s or StuIIIGs.

The point of war spoils is you can get anything; if it's limited to a specific faction, then the randomness is lost as well as being much quicker in accumulating select items, it also makes the game more of a grind.

@Felinewolfie said:
    Could you make it so that rules are clearly visible, with a countdown visible? Removes confusion. Thank you :)

Yes I do think there should be some indication of when the daily limit is reset.

@Makarov said:
    My biggest question is what dose it take for a game to be a valid match in order to get points? Does it have to be a win? Does it have to go on for 10 minutes? Etc. Specifics like that mentioned would go a long way.

Seems to be a bug; I managed to make some fantastically modified matches (ie everyone on my side Expert AI versus on Easy AI) and still got points. They probably have not established a set of rules on the matter.

4 years ago
    SeriousSerious Posts: 2

Whether bulletin duplicates should be automatically salvaged for supply or not should be decided by the player. It should not be automatically salvaged.

4 years ago
    vilevile Posts: 4

I have also played this game for 3 yrs nearly 3.5k hours & have many repeats thats how I was forced to delete bulitins, had the e-mail I sent given hope of this or any system being Implemented I would not have delete anything as it stands now I've got nearly 900(repeats mainly) of the things you must have bad drop luck., -500 supply for losing is not enough, of a penalty whats to stop ppl setting up an automatch Vs AI & losing intentionally, I tried this without building any units & the game was void(thank god), but had I made a pretence of fighting back hows the AI to know wether Im just bad at the game or trollin it. Griefing unfortunatly cannot be punished but inactivity can, & should be. A very good point I agree with, & made by, comrade_d_:- 'It seems the limit is meant to encourage players to play automatch. Relic seems to have this subtle agenda of trying to make players play more PvP automatch instead of custom games, which I think will negatively impact the playerbase. It's the usual ironic "make them work harder even though it kills them" business mentality'.well said. Having the same colour for bullitins/commanders is not helpful where I could tell at a glance what I wanted to use before I can no longer do.

4 years ago
    saprize23saprize23 Posts: 385
    edited May 2016

Example the bulletin that decreases the cost for airborne soldiers upgrade weapon thompson, change it to 10,15% to make it useful

Also, maybe a bulletin for rangers upgrade also could be added?

4 years ago
    rmosvaugrmosvaug Posts: 1
    edited May 2016

The system ought to reward good play and not simply how long people played (I understand the profit and community vaibility motive). In particular, rare bulletins could go to good play (e.g. high combat kills, tanks destroyed, unit values) and common and uncommon can go to time played (it seems like 3-4 games for every item drop).

Also, players should be able to stack bulletins for strategic advantage. Otherwise, this is less a strategy game than it could be and there seems to be little compliants about stacking per se but rather how weak the bulletins are. So either boost the buillitens are continue to allow stacking, perhaps.

4 years ago

The ONE thing I was hoping the new system would fix is not being fixed.

You need to do one of two things.

1. Allow ANY war spoil to be salvaged
      OR
    2. When a War Spoil drops it has to be one for the army you JUST PLAYED (Win or Loss).

I can't take the random drops for armies I NEVER play. It is so frustrating. I don't play Americans so why do I KEEP getting bulletins for them?
    Please fix this :neutral:

4 years ago
    Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin

@Hawk1911 said:
    I'm totally against the whole gutting of my entire stock (currently at 1020 which is the max amount) of bulletins that are only really useful if you double or triple stack them. The Devs at Relic MUST know this is the case so why then are you doing this mass "salvage" when the patch comes out rather then, I don't know, giving the customers the choice? It should be quite an easy fix to add an allotment for 3 maximum duplicates in your new system so why go with such a blanket decision?

On that note of just having a ridiculous amount of duplicates, the line about ALL duplicates are treated as the same value, which would be fine if that meant they all had the maximum amount of return on time invested but not when it means that my RARE commanders which for just one as an example I have 8 Rifle Companies. Yet in the store they are worth $4-5 dollars but somehow now with this change they are literally worthless. Does Relic and SEGA intend on modifying the cost for all of these doctrines to properly show their worth? Also considering that Doctrines rarely drop regardless of their rarity in general yet somehow they are worth as much as a white common intel bulletin that no one will ever use?!

I liked a few things about the change but those items are probably the most contentious in the entire thing, that and saying that "drops that were given by modded games do not count", because I grinded on a custom map for these drops yet used no "mod" (whatever that means) so for you to tell me that those literal Thousands of hours (2348, 90% of that number is grinding) are totally meaningless simply because I used a custom map that does not make your decision look genuine.

So far on the Steam forms where the page was posted for the upcoming beta changes everyone has agreed with those 3 points, they don't like having their hard earned hours belittled into having to be on equal footing with common items, they do not like the idea of loosing their actual valuable and useful duplicates (max of 3) being arbitrarily taken away from us rather then letting the Customer decide.

I hope that you'll reconsider your decisions and make the right changes.

Thanks for the feedback. Below are some points to address your concerns.

• The removal of bulletin stacking is a design decision we've decided to move forward with.
    • Without bulletin stacking, there is no point in having a cluttered inventory of a 1000 duplicates, that is why the mass salvage will be automatic.
    • Duplicate items are in fact worthless, that is why they all have the same Supply value. It doesn't matter if it is a commander or a faceplate, if it is a duplicate, they are both equally worthless since there is no way to use them in any way.
    • Item rarity currently in CoH2 actually has 0 meaning and is completely arbitrary so I wouldn't get to hung up on this. The new system will actually change all rarities to be determined by item type. For example, all Intel bulletins will be classed as "Common" and all Commanders will be classed as "Rare".
    • Drops from modded games DO count. Drops from any mod that was designed and created for the sole purpose of farming War Spoils does not.
    4 years ago
    OnuOnu Posts: 2

Duplicate items are in fact worthless, that is why they all have the same Supply value..>

not all duplicate are worthless.., for example im running 3 bulletins that increase the grenades range with 7% for a total of 21%.
    I don't thing 21% is game breaking but hey..,may be ppl will disagree with me.
    any way, with the new warspoil system i would not be able to do that.
    If it is for a mere 7% increase i would not be bothered running it and that applies for many other bulletins.
    may be you should reconsider the auto salvaging system.

thanks

4 years ago
    Hawk1911Hawk1911 Posts: 4
    edited May 2016

@Kyle_RE said:

• The removal of bulletin stacking is a design decision we've decided to move forward with.
    • Without bulletin stacking, there is no point in having a cluttered inventory of a 1000 duplicates, that is why the mass salvage will be automatic.
    • Duplicate items are in fact worthless, that is why they all have the same Supply value. It doesn't matter if it is a commander or a faceplate, if it is a duplicate, they are both equally worthless since there is no way to use them in any way.
    • Item rarity currently in CoH2 actually has 0 meaning and is completely arbitrary so I wouldn't get to hung up on this. The new system will actually change all rarities to be determined by item type. For example, all Intel bulletins will be classed as "Common" and all Commanders will be classed as "Rare".
    • Drops from modded games DO count. Drops from any mod that was designed and created for the sole purpose of farming War Spoils does not.

Then what was the point of waiting so long to do this change, War Spoils has been in the game for what 1 ½ years or more? The game is 3 years old and stacking bulletins has ALWAYS been in the design of the multiplayer aspect, you guys could have made this change FAR more progressively by gradually phasing out the ability to stack or decreasing the number of useless duplicates years ago but instead decided to sit on it until now, why? Do Relic intend on buffing ALL of the bulletins so that this fairly significant loss will be nullified or will you simply keep all of the bulletins to a useless low percentage?

You say rarity does not matter, yet why then does the game in its current form not give Rare items more frequently if that is the case? On top of that why is a Commander worth the same as a common intel bulletin, you never answered that part of my question/feedback.

4 years ago
    PetGhostPetGhost Posts: 5

Overall, the system is an improvement. It's good to have a solid drop frequency. In my opinion, however, once every three games minimum is still fairly rare, and waiting that long just to receive a useless Intel Bulletin is still very disappointing.

4 years ago
    SteillSteill Posts: 4

@Hawk1911 said:

@Kyle_RE said:

Then what was the point of waiting so long to do this change, War Spoils has been in the game for what 1 ½ years or more? The game is 3 years old and stacking bulletins has ALWAYS been in the design of the multiplayer aspect, you guys could have made this change FAR more progressively by gradually phasing out the ability to stack or decreasing the number of useless duplicates years ago but instead decided to sit on it until now, why? Do Relic intend on buffing ALL of the bulletins so that this fairly significant loss will be nullified or will you simply keep all of the bulletins to a useless low percentage?

You say rarity does not matter, yet why then does the game in its current form not give Rare items more frequently if that is the case? On top of that why is a Commander worth the same as a common intel bulletin, you never answered that part of my question/feedback.

I agree, its time to choose: rework all those bulletins so each of them will be useful or let us salvage manually and leave bulletin stacking so we decide whats worthless and whats not. Actually i dont stack bulletins (since i have nothing to stack, i never farmed and almost all my bulletins from steam achievments) but seems like its common practice among those who can.

4 years ago
    Mr_RuinMr_Ruin Posts: 92

Bulletin stacking brought us rapid fire mortars, heavily armored light tanks, much cheaper AT, just to name several things I saw. Bulletins should not be ''I win'' buttons, they are more flavor addition which benefits your style of play a bit. So I think it is a good decision.

Still, if they are all equally common, then former commons or rare's should be revorked so that they are all (at least a bit) equal in strength.

One question. Why do Volks lose their Faust with lvl 4 of veterancy. Sneaking up main infantry from unexpected position later in the game and snaring tanks is a strategy which needs some micro, so I don't see the reason to remove that ability to higher leveled units. I mean, should I start fearing lvl-ing my Volks over lvl 3 cause they lose their snare?

4 years ago
    Doktor_SDoktor_S Posts: 134

@Hawk1911 said:
    Rant.

Shhhh. Take it like a big boy.
    This is Relic's game, they do what they please with it.
    Plus I dont think having my Rear Echelon's building tank traps across half the 4v4 map before the 5 minute mark is entirely fair.

@Mr_Ruin said:
    Bulletin stacking brought us rapid fire mortars, heavily armored light tanks, much cheaper AT, just to name several things I saw. Bulletins should not be ''I win'' buttons, they are more flavor addition which benefits your style of play a bit. So I think it is a good decision.

+1 Well said

4 years ago
    illequineillequine DublinPosts: 51

First automatch in the openbeta versus AI (hard) i get grouped with someone who's never played COH before. Ever. He follows my army around with a horde of russian conscripts.. hanging out behind my soldiers, and we're losing badly because the fuel point on his side of the map and everything between the base and my army is held by the enemy.
    It's just a no-win. But i keep fighting on anyway, the new M1 Mortars are nice, but really inaccurate. So, the other guy loses the plot after a while and leaves.

There needs to be some kind of system to disqualify inexperienced people from playing on harder difficulties that they can manage. It's something you can get away with in 3v3 but not 2v2. Obviously it's not going to work in the beta but it does need to be there in the live game.

It's actually really annoying being grouped with someone who hasn't a clue what fuel/ammo and victory points are.

4 years ago
    OrcaOrca Posts: 74 admin

@vile said:
    I have also played this game for 3 yrs nearly 3.5k hours & have many repeats thats how I was forced to delete bulitins, had the e-mail I sent given hope of this or any system being Implemented I would not have delete anything as it stands now I've got nearly 900(repeats mainly) of the things you must have bad drop luck., -500 supply for losing is not enough, of a penalty whats to stop ppl setting up an automatch Vs AI & losing intentionally, I tried this without building any units & the game was void(thank god), but had I made a pretence of fighting back hows the AI to know wether Im just bad at the game or trollin it. Griefing unfortunatly cannot be punished but inactivity can, & should be. A very good point I agree with, & made by, comrade_d_:- 'It seems the limit is meant to encourage players to play automatch. Relic seems to have this subtle agenda of trying to make players play more PvP automatch instead of custom games, which I think will negatively impact the playerbase. It's the usual ironic "make them work harder even though it kills them" business mentality'.well said. Having the same colour for bullitins/commanders is not helpful where I could tell at a glance what I wanted to use before I can no longer do.

This is not our intention. We've removed restrictions on mods as much as we can in order to let players play how they want to. Unfortunately there's always abuse when we open the game up more and we need some level of protection in place. Automatch has built in protections that allow us to relax these constraints. (So we can see how you might perceive that, but it's not the case)

4 years ago

@illequine said:
    First automatch in the openbeta versus AI (hard) i get grouped with someone who's never played COH before. Ever. He follows my army around with a horde of russian conscripts.. hanging out behind my soldiers, and we're losing badly because the fuel point on his side of the map and everything between the base and my army is held by the enemy.
    It's just a no-win. But i keep fighting on anyway, the new M1 Mortars are nice, but really inaccurate. So, the other guy loses the plot after a while and leaves.

There needs to be some kind of system to disqualify inexperienced people from playing on harder difficulties that they can manage. It's something you can get away with in 3v3 but not 2v2. Obviously it's not going to work in the beta but it does need to be there in the live game.

It's actually really annoying being grouped with someone who hasn't a clue what fuel/ammo and victory points are.

I understand how frustrating it can be. Give me an add in steam and we can tackle AI together. Name is Dr.S

4 years ago

Automatch in the open beta isn't going to be very good because concurrency is quite low. It's more of a check it out and play with friends situation. If you do want to automatch - the best times are between 11:00am and 12:00pm PST.

4 years ago

@Orca said:
    Automatch in the open beta isn't going to be very good because concurrency is quite low. It's more of a check it out and play with friends situation. If you do want to automatch - the best times are between 11:00am and 12:00pm PST.

i'll give automatch another shot tomorrow night (6-7)so, i'm on GMT so the hours are a bit odd across the pond compared to the US.
    I noticed there's a cap on how many custom battles you can accrue warspoils credit for, i'm guessing that's intended for the live version? If so, good idea.

I managed to get 2 solid games done anyway - one automatch loss, and one solo custom win. Has the wehrmacht AI been tweaked? they seemed far more aggressive than usual - might just be a bad night or something but yeah, they were kicking ass from start to finish, i really had to work at it for a win :D

Enjoyed it, but yeah seemed different. A lot different.

4 years ago
    SeriousSerious Posts: 2

@Mr_Ruin said:

Still, if they are all equally common, then former commons or rare's should be revorked so that they are all (at least a bit) equal in strength.

One question. Why do Volks lose their Faust with lvl 4 of veterancy. Sneaking up main infantry from unexpected position later in the game and snaring tanks is a strategy which needs some micro, so I don't see the reason to remove that ability to higher leveled units. I mean, should I start fearing lvl-ing my Volks over lvl 3 cause they lose their snare?

Well if those bulletins bring rapid fire mortars, heavily armored light tanks, and "much cheaper AT?" then those bulletins should be changed. I am also pretty sure 15% armor on a light vehicle is not much more at all considering they dont have much armor. Also how much cheaper is the AT?

4 years ago

@illequine - there are changes to the MP armies in this beta. It includes many of the changes from the May Balance Mod.

4 years ago
    edited May 2016

@Orca said:

How about a compromise:

I think in regards to stacking bulletins there can be a compromise:

1) Bulletins are not salvaged, but do not stack if applied;

2) People can make mods that allow them to be stacked

3) If you max out inventory you have to choose to keep or delete. You can always just accumulate supply to get them back if you ever change your mind. And of coures, just increase the maximum by like another 500.

4) People who don't care about modding to use them will just salvage them.

Everyone gets what they want.

4 years ago
    bostondunnbostondunn Posts: 186

so how many duplicates does it take to purchase a commander? I've received maybe 2 commanders through drops and a whole crapton of useless bulletins.

4 years ago

@illequine said:

@Orca said:

i'll give automatch another shot tomorrow night (6-7)so, i'm on GMT so the hours are a bit odd across the pond compared to the US.

Where are you mate?
    I'm in Australia, and generally on at 1900 - 2200 GMT+10

4 years ago
    edited May 2016

I don't like how when you get the victory/ defeat screen, you have to wait through all the animations before you can quit. In the live game, the animations occur fast enough that you can quickly leave the game and move on with life.

Solution: Bring up the Leave Game/ Continue Playing buttons immediately when the victory/ defeat screen occurs.

EDIT: did a stopwatch record: it takes 14.95 seconds from an end match to the buttons to quit match to show up. Seeing as we all know you get either 1500 or 2000 points or zero as a result, the points should instantly show up rather than slowly appearing and ticking up, it's boring to watch and there is no way to skip through it.

4 years ago
    MaJakeMaJake Posts: 1
    edited May 2016

in a way I liked the reward mechanics, but in general the whole receipt remains broken. I for one only british game should receive British bulletins , but the worst is to keep getting repeated bulletins becomes totally useless ..if he'd like to make changes this repeated bulletins or a way to use so it would make sense to download 28 gb for it. but if it were to rate from 1 to 10 would be maybe a 6 .

4 years ago
    CriomancerCriomancer Posts: 33

I played a few hours the private test and I can say that... is really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyyy slowww, I have to play 2 or more hours to catch a box? I'm just playing against AI coz I saw that is really difficult to match with other players, soooo I'm playing 1 match to get 2000, then 3 matches to get 6000 and then...get a box? ._. wow, I have to evolve my slowpoke to slowking right now. Or do I have to play more hours to have a chance to get 2 boxes instead of 1 box?

4 years ago
    SteillSteill Posts: 4
    edited May 2016

@Criomancer said:
    I played a few hours the private test and I can say that... is really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyyy slowww, I have to play 2 or more hours to catch a box? I'm just playing against AI coz I saw that is really difficult to match with other players, soooo I'm playing 1 match to get 2000, then 3 matches to get 6000 and then...get a box? ._. wow, I have to evolve my slowpoke to slowking right now. Or do I have to play more hours to have a chance to get 2 boxes instead of 1 box?

slow? Theoretical effectivness is 2 box per hour with a daily cap of 4 box, its also pretty easy to do it automatically

PS Its alpha but everyone trying to grind bulletins already. How about a system that favors those who come to play, not to grind?

4 years ago
    Mr_RuinMr_Ruin Posts: 92

@Serious said:

Well if those bulletins bring rapid fire mortars, heavily armored light tanks, and "much cheaper AT?" then those bulletins should be changed. I am also pretty sure 15% armor on a light vehicle is not much more at all considering they dont have much armor. Also how much cheaper is the AT?

If it isn't such an increase why are you so loathe to let it go?

12% faster le.IG 18 makes it quite deadlier cause it is already a strong weapon.
    T-70 is already a menace, if 15% means it can take another punch without exploding it quite improves its staying power with it's self repair.
    Or Puma with 12% more armor penetration or faster reload. Even as it is it can destroy a tank with some luck.
    Former Grim reaper's tool meant 15% cheaper Shrecks, on a blob it means another Schreck.
    18% cheaper or 30% faster building of mines for Soviets which already are mine happy?
    30% less supression for Volks?

And this is only Soviets and OKW, list goes on.

Bulletins were intended as several percent increase, not to change entire balance. And while it seems like a small thing, even several percent more accuracy on mortar is difference between shaving some health and killing a model.

4 years ago

@Doktor_S said:

@illequine said:

@Orca said:

Where are you mate?
    I'm in Australia, and generally on at 1900 - 2200 GMT+10

Ireland - probably the worst possible timezone mismatch for us :D

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

DeutschEnglishEspañolFrançaisItalianoРусский