War Spoils Feedback

Comments

4 years ago
    wilendarwilendar Posts: 24
    edited May 2016

I think You need to protect this system from exploiters... You should exclude custom matches with and without mods, because people while being AFK can set expert AI to own team and set 1 easy AI to enemy team, in that way some people could easily get 2000 points per battle being afk. This is not the way to get war spoils. You should encourage people to get rewards from automatches to increase overall popularity of this game type. Playing vs AI will be exploited to get as much war spoils like in normal 1 hour game in automatch while being afk for 10 mins. This is not fair for people playing only competitive matches that can last even 1 hour.

another solution:
    Maybe decrease drastically reward points from playing vs AI ? like only 500 points per match (only win bonus without base 1500 reward) vs AI not 2000 like in normal automatch, this works in Heroes of the storm, people playing vs ai get significantly less reward than from people playing against humans.

overall I think it's good idea to get as much warspoils points as much time you've spent on the battle. So 1 hour game will reward much more warspoils pts than 15min game.

if multiplayer dies in this game the game die with it... You should encourage more people to get into automatches to keep multiplayer alive. This is second best multiplayer RTS in the world based on how many players are playing multiplayer games, the firs is ofcourse starcraft 2, why is it first? because they have very wide and competitive multiplayer with leagues and rewards systems. Look at dawn of war 2 there are nearly 1000 people and most of them don't even play multiplayer, this is why I stopped playing there because there is no one to play with or against. I hope you will keep CoH2 alive

4 years ago
    PaedurPaedur Posts: 46
    edited May 2016

I like the new Supply system and the Loot Drops. I haven't enjoyed playing CoH2 this much since the release of the Western Font Armies.
    Yes there probably is room for improvement but I don't think we should dicscriminate between people who play against a human opponent and comp stompers. People play against the AI for a number of reasons.... poor online connections, slower computers or maybe they just got a lot of abuse when they did play against someone. Personally I like to play at my own pace and pause the game as often as I like while I attend to something else.
    I know I do not play as much DoW2 as I would like because a lot of its bonus material is denied to me....... you have to play against a human foe to unlock the snazzy looking armour!

4 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    Make a option to sell unwanted drops to get supply points, so you can buy your stuff. That would be a real change.

Sell 3-4 to get on other.
    4 years ago
    Sob3rSob3r GreecePosts: 31

Make a option to sell unwanted drops to get supply points, so you can buy your stuff. That would be a real change.

Sell 3-4 to get on other.

Pretty sure this wont happen. The new system will fit better for veteran players who have 600 or so duplicates, tho it will benefit new ones as well. I got 1200 hrs on my main account and I still dont have veteran training for USF/OKW that i want. New players might have to farm less than with the old system which was so random and non-rewarding i.m.o.
    You can choose what you want to buy. Plus, dont forget you might get lucky with drops as well. Commanders etc.

4 years ago
    SneakEyeSneakEye Posts: 76

"Duplicate inventory items that were earned using a War Spoils farming mod will be salvaged without any Supply given to the player. In other words, farmed War Spoils have a Supply value of 0."

Which mods are marked as "War Spoils farming mod? I've created the All units mod and played over 800 hours with it. This mod hasn't any influence on war spoils but I want to be certain that the received dupplicates will have a value of 500. Can Relic confirm this?

@wilendar, Don't worry about exploiters, because the few who do exploit the new system won't play automatches. I prefer custom games, so everyone can play with their own changes in the game. The limit of awarded points a day is a good solution in my opinion.

4 years ago

I just rekt a guy in 5mins and I got loot without any fail messages. Did you guys fix this? If you did, you did the right thing actually. Agree with that.

4 years ago
    Doktor_SDoktor_S Posts: 134

@comrade_daelin said:
    We don't know what these mods are. You might as well publish an "official blacklist" for certain mods we shouldn't use to discourage farming. This is like tell everyone that doing X action results in going to jail, but also have a policy to refuse to explain what X action consists of. Reeks of bad faith.

+1 on the official Blacklist

4 years ago
    OrcaOrca Posts: 74 admin

Rather than automatically salvaging everyone's duplicates, we're looking at making it a user triggered option. So nothing will be converted to supply without the users specific consent.

4 years ago

@Maelstrom a dit :

@Kyle_RE said:
    Thanks for the feedback. Below are some points to address your concerns.

• The removal of bulletin stacking is a design decision we've decided to move forward with.
    • Without bulletin stacking, there is no point in having a cluttered inventory of a 1000 duplicates, that is why the mass salvage will be automatic.
    • Duplicate items are in fact worthless, that is why they all have the same Supply value. It doesn't matter if it is a commander or a faceplate, if it is a duplicate, they are both equally worthless since there is no way to use them in any way.
    • Item rarity currently in CoH2 actually has 0 meaning and is completely arbitrary so I wouldn't get to hung up on this. The new system will actually change all rarities to be determined by item type. For example, all Intel bulletins will be classed as "Common" and all Commanders will be classed as "Rare".
    • Drops from modded games DO count. Drops from any mod that was designed and created for the sole purpose of farming War Spoils does not.

Wow Kyle you should be a politician or a spin doctor. That is the most one sided intepretation of the facts I could ever have imagined. In fact if I hadn't seen it written here, I couldnt have imagined it.

Because Relic has decided that duplicates cannot be used that makes duplicates worthless even though to but them in the Relic store would have cost real money??? SO I have a BMW5 and I win another in a competition but because I can only drive one at a time the other is useless??? Really this is the most circular and ridiculous argument ever! Im certain that very few players are going to see it that way.

get a life dude, if i was kyle i would not even mind answering you.

we dont care that you want to have duplicate stuff that are useless.

I want that all my duplicate stuff get automacly salaged for coins, i dont want to spend my time doing that.

4 years ago
    Mr_RuinMr_Ruin Posts: 92

Agreed, should I look trough several hundred bulletins just because some ppl cannot get over stacking, which won't be allowed anyways ... just convert them all to coins and be done with it.

4 years ago
    OrcaOrca Posts: 74 admin

So here's what we're thinking.
    First time logging in with new system you will be prompted to salvage all your duplicates into supply.
    Say yes and it happens.
    Say no and you keep all your dupes. You can manually salvage them from inventory.
    This way everyone is happy.

4 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

@Orca said:
    First time logging in with new system you will be prompted to salvage all your duplicates into supply.
    Say yes and it happens.
    Say no and you keep all your dupes. You can manually salvage them from inventory.

The issue is not keeping dupes or consent of automatic salvage. The issue is whether there is any way to stack bulletins, this includes mods.
    There's no point putting all the work into putting a choice option when said choice options make zero difference. Do you plan to make use of duplicate items like bulletins? If not, then just bloody say so, so we can all stop playing your game and move on with life.

4 years ago
    illequineillequine DublinPosts: 51
    edited May 2016

@Orca said:
    Say yes and it happens.

This is a good idea, if bulletin stacking is going the way of the dodo.
    Would also like to see a slight increase in the strength of bulletins, if/when stacking goes. Or, have them overhauled or removed completely in favour of commanders and individual unit buffs/balancing.

ie: Infantry commander gives all infantry +5% accuracy or reload speed - no bulletins needed.
    Scrap them all for supplies.

Bulletins could also be reworked to be used in the three available slots.
    1 Infantry bulletin - can only be one of the following +Accuracy, +Reload, +capturespeed or something.
    1 Armour bulletin - can be one of three, +Accuracy, +reload, +armour
    and
    1 Support Bulletin - again with +accuracy, +reload, and whatever else.
    So you have a very basic customizable army - the strenghts and weaknesses arent/or shouldnt be incredibly overpowered.

4 years ago
    PaedurPaedur Posts: 46
    edited May 2016

Orca said:

"So here's what we're thinking.
    Say yes and it happens.
    This way everyone is happy." (Orca)

This solution would satisfy me. I don't stack so I will be glad to see the back of all my duplicates.....they are just taking up space in my inventory at the moment.

4 years ago
    Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin

The War Spoils Open Beta has been extended until Monday, May 16th .

If you've played in the beta, take the War Spoils Open Beta Survey now.

4 years ago
    edited May 2016

@comrade_daelin said:

@Kyle_RE said:
    A ) Farming is using a mod designed to farm War Spoils. There are few mods in circulation that were designed to specifically exploit this system. Duplicates obtained through the use of these mods will not be salvaged into Supply.
    B ) If you didn't use these mods then you don't have to worry about it.
    C ) Yes, but ^
    D ) Abusing exploits are prohibited. Mods that were designed to exploit the War Spoils system fall into this category.

We don't know what these mods are. You might as well publish an "official blacklist" for certain mods we shouldn't use to discourage farming. This is like tell everyone that doing X action results in going to jail, but also have a policy to refuse to explain what X action consists of. Reeks of bad faith.

The mods that were designed to farm war spoils are very cut and dry. If you used it, there would be absolutely no misconception of what the mod was intended to do. For example, If you started the mod and walked away while you waited for it to farm War Spoils for you then that is a mod that meets the criteria. In most cases you would have had to download the mod outside of the Steam Workshop to even use it.

4 years ago

@Kyle_RE said:

I cant do the survey it seems. Maybe its just me but I cant send it when I finish it.

4 years ago

Sober said:

@Kyle_RE said:

I cant do the survey it seems. Maybe its just me but I cant send it when I finish it.

Should be fixed now

4 years ago

For all Match Validation issues (i.e. played a match but not receive any Loot Points), please post your feedback in our Match Validation thread.

4 years ago
    SHB2099SHB2099 Posts: 20

One question: If a player has obtain full items in the in-game store,what will happen when the player continue playing?Will the player still obtain something?I think when this point reached,getting more supply points is useless and so boring!

4 years ago

About this from Relic's survey:"To prevent War Spoils farming, a daily Loot Point limit has been added for games that use mods. This limit is currently set to 12 modded games per day that give Loot Points. How do you feel about this?"
    (Because there is no writing my opinion's area in that survey,so I post my opinion here.)
    I think why Relic want to set a daily Loot Point limit is to protect Relic's commercial interests,the limit will prompt some players give up fighting hard to get Loot items,but to pay them with actual currency directly.But from many players side,they don't think the limit is good.However,I found another advantage of the Loot Point daily limit is that this can prevent some people,especially teens,be addicted to the game just for getting more Loot Point.So,this can prevent them from playing too much time,so this also can protect player's health.By the way,I think if the limit is really necessary(though I don't think so),then currently limit set to 12 modded games is too high,because one custom match with mod often need much more time to finish than a quick automatch.Players want to enjoy more time with mods in one match.My one match time is always around one hour,and never below 40 minutes,but I like to pause the custom game again & again during one match just because this can let me have enough time to make every order decision,because I am a perfectionist,so,frequently "pause" let me finish one match round with much more time,this is reflected as the match timer in game displays for example 45 minutes,but actually I have spent 2 hours during this,due to my frequently "pause" manipulation.Because of such long time of per match,many players actually can't play games reaching 12 rounds of game.I only can play up to 2 to 5 custom games each day.So,the limit of 12 is insignificant and useless or meaningless to me,because 12 is too many.

4 years ago

@SHB2099 said:
    One question: If a player has obtain full items in the in-game store,what will happen when the player continue playing?Will the player still obtain something?I think when this point reached,getting more supply points is useless and so boring!

Besides receiving a slow clap from yours truly, the player will not receive anything other than Supply for duplicates. We hope that the main reason people play the game is because they enjoy doing so and not to just get new items. As new content is released, players who reach this milestone will most likely be able to purchase the new items with Supply so there is that bonus as well.

4 years ago

@comrade_daelin said:

@Orca said:
    Say yes and it happens.

The issue is not keeping dupes or consent of automatic salvage. The issue is whether there is any way to stack bulletins, this includes mods.
    There's no point putting all the work into putting a choice option when said choice options make zero difference. Do you plan to make use of duplicate items like bulletins? If not, then just bloody say so, so we can all stop playing your game and move on with life.

As mentioned a few times now, bulletins will no longer stack. The only purpose duplicates will serve will be as a means to earn Supply. Thanks for playing.

4 years ago
    edited May 2016

Will a player earn more supply or loot points with a match round which has more time period?Does players get more supply points with playing a gamemode of 1000 victory points win condition than playing win condition of 500 victory points?(Because usually a 1000 victory points gamemode match will go through a longer time period to finish than a 500 victory points mode.So,the spended time, striving and contribution of a player with playing 1000 victory points mode is much more than playing 500 victory points mode.)

4 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948

@Kyle_RE said:
    The mods that were designed to farm war spoils are very cut and dry. If you used it, there would be absolutely no misconception of what the mod was intended to do. For example, If you started the mod and walked away while you waited for it to farm War Spoils for you then that is a mod that meets the criteria. In most cases you would have had to download the mod outside of the Steam Workshop to even use it.

There is a Cheat Command mod easily available in Steam Workshop that, among many other things, allow players to instantly turn off fog of war, destroy enemy AI, end game and get points. Just tried it now. The only limitation is daily loot limit. This is obviously a way to farm points, but more importantly, farming for loot points is thereby made much easier than these hacks you refer to.
    But anyone that's used that mod for more than a few seconds also know that this is hardly the intention of the mod, it's to test the game by being able to spawn units and tinker with the game's assets. You can spawn units from one faction, convert it to another faction's ownership, and see if there are bugs associated with the unit's performance. You also can use the mod for things like testing to see if a late-game unit or some very obscure unit ability works or not without having to play out an entire game. If your criteria is that the mods are made with the "clear" intention to farm for war spoils, then the criteria fails because this particular mod doesn't meet it but performs the job much faster, you don't farm at all.

4 years ago
    StormlessUKStormless… United KingdomPosts: 38

I really like the idea of the new bulletin system. It seems to allow players to choose their own direction instead of the lucky dip method.

My one concern is the state of bulletins effect on game play once there are no duplicates etc. Will bulletins really make any difference at all now?

4 years ago
    digital23digital23 Posts: 17

@StormlessUK said:
    I really like the idea of the new bulletin system. It seems to allow players to choose their own direction instead of the lucky dip method.

My one concern is the state of bulletins effect on game play once there are no duplicates etc. Will bulletins really make any difference at all now?

This Relic

4 years ago
    geskillgeskill Posts: 27
    edited May 2016

@SHB2099 said:

Same as command points and player-XP. If you reached a limit you don't care anymore. At that time it just wastes space in the user interface. I feel the loot points UI is not well integrated (for me it uses to much of the screen UI, its not a that important information and always the same amount).

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

DeutschEnglishEspañolFrançaisItalianoРусский