[SU] Lend-Lease Assault Guards

2 years ago

When Lend-Lease first came out, the Assault Guard/ M5 Half-Track combo made sense. it provided a nice T1/T4 play, skipping T2 and T3.

But this is the current year, and the soviet teching has changed, and why get the M5 Halftrack/Assault Guards when you can just get the regular M5 Halftrack by itself and possibly earlier than the 5CP requirement of the call-in?

This can be solved in a number of ways:

SOLUTION 1

• Reduce CP requirement to 4 CP
  • Replace the M5 Halftrack callin with a special M5 Munitions Halftrack that act like the Brit's M3 truck by dropping LMG and PTRS goodies to fellow comrades.

SOLUTION 2

• Lower the CP requirement to 3CP
  • Replace M5 Halftrack with the Clown car, keep the assault guards that come with it at 370 Manpower, 15 fuel.

SOLUTION 3

• Lower CP requirement to 2CP
  • Just have only the Assault Guards come out at 300 Manpower

ASSAULT GUARDS IN GENERAL

The unit itself doesn't make any sense at all. it overlaps both penals and shock troops, but lack the cheapness of the penals or the durability of the shocks, and also comes out waaaaaaaaaay too late to be of any use. so I would recommend the 2nd or 3rd solution.

but regardless of which solution is chosen, I would like the following changes effect the Assault Guards:

• Renamed to Lend-Lease Guards
  • All 6 men carry SVTs
  • Can either get 4 Thompsons _or _ 2 Bazookas as upgrades (Both cost 75 Munitions each)

With these changes, it better reflect the Lend-Lease Doctrine by having zookas and tommy guns, and makes the Lend-Lease Guards more of a unique role of choosing either full on AT or AI.

Comments

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,717
    Im on board. The only way I have found ass guards to be useful is pretending they are the 250 pgrens but also stuffing a flame engie inside for unrivalled lols (can repair the half track and half track reinforce wooo)

If (when) the half track dies I tend to use them as over priced ppsh cons... Its really a crappy ability..
    2 years ago
    KithKith Posts: 144

One of these days, I want to see Super Tankbuster Guards - a six man squad, all with AT Rifles.

But I suppose today is not that day.

The Assault Guards squad always bothered me, to be honest - they're more durable than Penals but they're not Shocks despite really wanting to be. What I'd really like to see on them, assuming we go with Option 3, is a squad equipped with Garands or Paratrooper Carbines rather than SVTs.

2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,852

Assault guards just kinda suck, and I'm not sure what their purpose is supposed to be, they need to be retooled quite badly.

2 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

Solution 1's where it's at.

Solution 3 wouldn't work after the new update. They're just better Penals with Bazookas/Thompsons

2 years ago
    YoghurtYoghurt Posts: 74

I like solution 1, it should definitely come at less than 5CP's. By the time it arrives it immediately dies from all the strong AT already on the field. And if it becomes a weapon halftrack, should it still be upgradable to the quad mount? Also, the weapons available should be American weapons, like the bazooka and some LMG (BAR or M1919). The Assault Guards could stay roughly the same in my opinion, but replace all their ppsh with thompson's, and maybe give them a special ability of some kind. Don't have a specific idea in mind right now.

2 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 2,961 mod

Solution 1 is probably the best one.

2 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,572

I like 1 the most as well.

Assault guards are just inferior to both shocks and ppsh cons, they are about to be inferior to penals as well, so we might just as well make the halftruck useful.

2 years ago
    PanzerFaustPanzerFau… NoPosts: 284
    Very good ideas. I like 1 the most.