Emplacements and OKW trucks self-destruct

3 years ago

I think it would be a great idea to introduce self-destruct options for both the British Emplacements and the OKW HQ trucks ;
Often I find it would be beneficial to get rid of unwanted emplacements later in the game, and sometimes HQ trucks need to be repositioned.
I am not sure why the OKW option was removed in the first place, but if it was to do with it causing damage , just make it a self destruct option that doesn't do damage. Just have the truck dismantle and drive away maybe for instance.

Good idea?

Comments

3 years ago

I would agree with this if you could dismantle your emplacement/truck in return for 30% of your resources back (and even less depending on the health of the emplacement/truck). But dismantling should completely destroy the truck/emplacement. It doesn't make sense that you can dismantle a truck and move it for free, that's just OP. If you dismantle a truck you should have to call it in again.

3 years ago
    YoghurtYoghurt Posts: 74

I agree. I don't see a reason not to have that option.

3 years ago
    _Brummbar__Brummbar_ Posts: 38

I didn't mean dismantle as in for re-using, I mean it packs up and drives out of the map for instance, like a mortar entity when there's only one man left. Just so there's no explosion, if that was the problem.

3 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    edited May 2016
    Why it should be op to make them remove able? Its fragil as truck and while the build up. Make them like CoH1 trucks with some benefits on the area and the ability to move.

T1 and T2 generate extra resources on the area they are placed and T3 gives a defensive bonus like Kommandopanzer IV.

So you have to place your trucks on front to get the bonus, not staying in the save base. Thy become a more offensive play style.
    3 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

Do my eyes deceive me? Mobile HQ bases is not OP? I can relocate my AA, FRPs, healing center, repairing centers for free? They also have like 2000 HP. Talk about a mobile sim city. can dodge artillery and 200+ muni strikes. ulgh, nope, no mobile HQs please.

3 years ago
    Shoot at it in late game while removing it. Easy kill.
    3 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

Allowing emplacements or HQ trucks to simply pack up and move seems like a poor idea to me, as it means you're not punished at all for poor positioning or crap like setting up a Bofors, then scuttling it so you can still rush armor. Self destruct should definitely be returned to trucks and added to emplacements.

3 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

Lol, you make it sound so easy to kill it. What if it's being moved around often? What if it's being moved to keypoints where the rest of the army is fighting? No, mobile HQs are a bad idea. There is no argument for them.

I agree with self-destruct and 0 return of resources. Players make a choice when they build stuff. You can't undo it as if it never happened. Technically, you could just waste time and use AT guns/tanks to destroy those buildings yourself.

3 years ago
    edited May 2016
    Isn't it easy to kill them? Poorly set = gg

A remove animation could take around 2 minutes to be finished, so you could destroy it meanwhile. In normal games you wouldn't see that movement often, but on some multilayer maps this could be a nice feature to have.
    2 years ago

Ok this thread has been dead for a while, but today I had another disappointing match because of this.
    Playing Semoskiy Winter 2v2. I set up my medic truck at the top of the map, near the fuel point. Towards the end of the game, my British opponent was setting up bofors with a logistic glider at the top victory point, so I decided to help my ally on middle point. But every time my squad had to retreat, it ran all the way back to the truck or to HQ. If I could destroy the medic truck , and rebuild, it is likely that we would have won the game.

So I say again, please return the self destruct feature in the next patch.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,773
    You can disable the retreat point.
    2 years ago
    NevecOneUpNevecOneUp Posts: 1,202

Can't imagine situation where i want to destroy my own emplacement, same about okw truck.

2 years ago
    furytankfurytank Posts: 1

Brummbar said:
    I think it would be a great idea to introduce self-destruct options for both the British Emplacements and the OKW HQ trucks ;
    Often I find it would be beneficial to get rid of unwanted emplacements later in the game, and sometimes HQ trucks need to be repositioned.
    I am not sure why the OKW option was removed in the first place, but if it was to do with it causing damage , just make it a self destruct option that doesn't do damage. Just have the truck dismantle and drive away maybe for instance.

Good idea?

yeah i agree with it +rep plz vote it up

2 years ago
    omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 526

@NevecOneUp said:
    Can't imagine situation where i want to destroy my own emplacement, same about okw truck.

if you play custom games you will know exactly why its needed specifically in 4v4

2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229
    edited June 2016

ya man that's way too OP. Relic would nvr get behind making moving OKW bases, along with the fact that you can put them on the front lines;however, I strongly feel their should be a self destruct ability as well as a significant fuel discount on placing bases after they have already been established the first time, similar to american officer building costs. That way it is possible replace schwerers along with other buildings much more easily in the late game.

2 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    You can disable the retreat point.

Just seen this;

I know I am not a noob. Like I say , it was HQ or the truck. Both were too far.

2 years ago

This doesn't force players to be smart about placing their buildings and weapons emplacements. If you can just delete them to get the popcap when you need it, that eliminates a significant drawback of using powerful emplacements.

In the grand scheme, I think this would make emplacements too powerful of an option.

2 years ago
    KithKith Posts: 144

@TheHitman009 said:
    This doesn't force players to be smart about placing their buildings and weapons emplacements. If you can just delete them to get the popcap when you need it, that eliminates a significant drawback of using powerful emplacements.

In the grand scheme, I think this would make emplacements too powerful of an option.

Emplacements cost resources. That's the only encouragement players need to be smart about using them.

2 years ago
    JPaulezJPaulez Posts: 7

+1 for Emplacements and Trucks self-destruct with 0 refund. Emplacements also eat Popcap needed late game

2 years ago

@Kith said:
    Emplacements cost resources. That's the only encouragement players need to be smart about using them.

Grenadiers, conscripts, rifleman, and volksgrenadier cost resources too but it doesn't stop people from mindlessly blobbing them and throwing them at MGs and tanks. If you'd argue that fact, I think you're out of touch with the game. Let's try to maintain quality of gameplay instead of enforcing practices that make for uninteresting matches.

2 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

blob conscripts?

lol good luck.

2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,017

@TheHitman009 said:

@Kith said:

Grenadiers, conscripts, rifleman, and volksgrenadier cost resources too but it doesn't stop people from mindlessly blobbing them and throwing them at MGs and tanks. If you'd argue that fact, I think you're out of touch with the game. Let's try to maintain quality of gameplay instead of enforcing practices that make for uninteresting matches.

Emplacement spam is uninteresting, and will rise spectacularly if you're able to remove and rebuild them elsewhere

2 years ago
    Im against this because in 4s its incredibly funny punishing a cancer player by simply ignoring his side of the map amd 4v3ing while he sits at pop cap.
    2 years ago

@Lazarus said:
    Emplacement spam is uninteresting, and will rise spectacularly if you're able to remove and rebuild them elsewhere

Exactly. Not only is it uninteresting, I would say it against what CoH gameplay is designed to be. If you don't have to worry about late game popcap issues, what would stop people from spamming emplacements?

2 years ago
    @TheHitman009 I doubt it, all that would happen is a creeping line of emplacements, the 17lb would finally see use (which would be a good thing) but only so cancer could spread without fear or armour
    2 years ago

A creeping line of emplacements is just the kind of thing I wish they'd discourage.