The Resource Thread

4 years ago

hello comrade and welcome to the word of CoH2!
You have taken the first steps into developing a love hate relationship with a program

Im thedarkarmadillo (you can call me Dark) and i hope to help you love this game more than you hate it

to help you out im going to try and compile some web resources for you to help you learn the basics as well as awnser any question that I can about various game mechanics and what not

for starters there area few things YOU should know

1. as a new player in an established game, beware of the Vets, they have seen some terrible things... from speedy light tanks crushing their poor infantry to massed light artillery guarded by flak cannons... unfortunately this has left them hard to fresh blood, DONT TAKE IT PERSONALLY. that is the most important thing you should take away from this- dont let the salty old breed force you from your new game

2. play against the bots. this will give you a no pressure opportunity to learn the maps and how the factions work. be warned, bots are a cake walk compared to real players, but they can teach you the fundamentals

3. your first 10 games as every faction, in every game mode are placement games. this means you will be matched against who ever is online to try and gauge your skill DO NOT LET THIS DETER YOU. i know being matched against a max level player and getting crushed your first match will be disheartening, but stick with it it WILL get better

4. random auto match team games are just that. you might be matched against a 4 man premade and you yourself have 1 player drop, one be AFK and the other only caps lock in russian and spam ping.... this is a risk you take...

there are probably more things i should add to that but for now thats what we have

now into resources

literally all i have handy currently is a great playlist by HELPING HANS called COH2 TIP OF THE WEEK
check that out and you can learn some awesome tricks and be on your way to being a great player like Hans!

Comments

4 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    edited August 2016

finally decided to update this a bit
    STATS
    stats are very important when talking about units, especially armoured units.
    you will look like a fool if you say something along the lines of "y tank armour is not so good make more armour like x tank"

if you want to be taken seriously you should back your posts with stats
    the most accepted stat website (nice layout, fairly complete stats) is www.stat.coh2.hu
    another good one (out of date, but if you keep up on the changelog is handy) is www.coh2-stats.com

use these to gather points of reference to strengthen your posts!

(while this is more of a forum aid, you can use stats to give you a better idea of statistical probability in game as well)

4 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    finally decided to update this a bit
    STATS
    stats are very important when talking about units, especially armoured units.
    you will look like a fool if you say something along the lines of "y tank armour is not so good make more armour like x tank"

if you want to be taken seriously you should back your posts with stats
    the most accepted stat website (nice layout, fairly complete stats) is www.stat.coh2.hu
    another good one (out of date, but if you keep up on the changelog is handy) is www.coh2-stats.com

use these to gather points of reference to strengthen your posts!

(while this is more of a forum aid, you can use stats to give you a better idea of statistical probability in game as well)

It only gives you vet 1 stats on meta units. I want an advanced system that tells you the effects of a combination of different factors, such as Intel bulletins meta abilities (gernades, healing), doctrinal abilities, veterancy bonuses, cover, positining, elevation differences and how that effects ballistic accuracy. These are the more interesting stats that help me become a better player and polish my in game strategy.

4 years ago
    @raulmagana121707 I too would like something like that.
    4 years ago

Well, im not so happy right now about some things. I decided to change my forum nickname (or profile nickname.. i don't know) to a new one. I already done this in all my games and game clients, and game forums, but when i get in ''edit profile'' my stupid nickname ''HeavyEnforcer'' is greyed, not allowing me to change it!!! f...!!!! What i want then, is change my nickname or completely delete my account and re-create a new one using the same email. Can someone help me giving me some directions?? Im completely new in this forum.

4 years ago
    AFAIK you are stuck with the name you picked. You can try asking Relic support, but outside that idk.
    2 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    AFAIK you are stuck with the name you picked. You can try asking Relic support, but outside that idk.

Thank you for your time buddy. Thank you.