Vellamo's Post Screen Suggestion

4 years ago
Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: War Spoils Feedback.

Comments

4 years ago
    VellamoVellamo Posts: 10
    edited May 2016

There's room for a nice score summary in the victory/defeat "screen" during the victory strikes. So why not reward personal efforts there? Have bonus loot-modifiers for the MVP (damage dealt/kill count) of the match and for some commendable feats? I put a more elaborate explanation in the relevant CoH -subreddit thread.

You said you wanted to keep the 2000 or 1500 loot standard for the reasons of "fairness"? Haha, it's just the Relic laziness talking there. There's a HUGE potential to offer incentives(=carrot) to contribute more in regards of team games. sigh

4 years ago
    illequineillequine DublinPosts: 51

what about those of us that like to turtle in co-op vs AI? Frequently last on most scores besides kill/death ratios - if that style of play is to be punished by not being like everyone else i think it's taking more away than it's giving.

locking down a fuel sector or VP with everything you've got takes a lot of time and effort and it usually pays off in longer games or games on hard and expert where you're scraping a win tooth and nail. Sure, it looks like you've done nothing on the scoreboard at the end, but you and anyone else worth a damn at the game knows you held your ground and gave the rest of your team the breathing room needed to get a victory. Even if you're all turtling.

The British forces excel at this, but it's something i've found a niche for with every faction, even OKW. imo there shouldnt be a MVP reward in co-op games. It seems counterproductive.

PvP games are a different story but shouldn't be so different that one person is awarded more than his/her team simply because of getting more kills.

Honourable mentions for specific parts of the battle or even a 10/20 second replay of what that moment was on the loadscreen should be enough to sate the appetite and ego of the "MvP", i dont see that they should be rewarded with more than they earned in a team-based game.
    If anything, reward the winning team with something minor like a free bulletin.

4 years ago
    MECHA_CATMECHA_CAT Posts: 6

I think it would make sense if the best player on each team gets an award or some kind of bonus. I don't think it should just be calculated on K/D ratio but it should be a factor.

Maybe award points for:
    -Units Killed
    -Captures Points Capped
    -Units Repaired
    -Units Stolen from Enemy
    -Most valuable Army
    -Veteran Units vs Fresh Units

4 years ago
    Doktor_SDoktor_S Posts: 134
    edited May 2016

Yet again you assume MVP with Damage delt and kill count.
    What about territory captures? Does that not count to you? Come and play some team games, and you realise territory > shitty KDR (and yes, I am salty)

@MECHA_CAT said:
    I think it would make sense if the best player on each team gets an award or some kind of bonus. I don't think it should just be calculated on K/D ratio but it should be a factor.

Maybe award points for:
    -Units Killed
    -Captures Points Capped
    -Units Repaired
    -Units Stolen from Enemy
    -Most valuable Army
    -Veteran Units vs Fresh Units

+1
    This guy gets it

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.