[SOVIET][ALL MODES] Supply drops

3 years ago

I was thinking on commanders like "Lend and Lease" or "Soviet industry" followed by tactics.

I think the ability "supply drop" its kinda useless because you spend 100 ammo for a supply aircraft that comes from the enemy base, and if there's is a OBK with flak emplacement, or OST with Sdkfz 222, or a couple tanks with the mounted MG, your supply aircraft never comes to your base, losing 100 ammo on nothing (maybe there's a chance of lose the airdrop 40% on early and 80% on late game). German Factions have a ton of AA things to kill planes.

Sooo I propose the following changes (just one):

1-Supply aircraft coming from the sides, not from the enemy base, so there's a big chance of obtain the supply crates,

2-Reducing the cost from 100 to 80 or 60.

3-Coming from enemy base but giving the player supply crates with 40 fuel.

Comments

3 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,721

1) a 222 will not fire on the supply plane.
    2) Relic does not want to have resource manipulation with no counters as stated in previous patch notes.
    3) On can chose the flight path of the plane by changing the flight path thus in some map shooting down the plane is almost impossible.

3 years ago
    CriomancerCriomancer Posts: 33

@Vipper dijo:
    1) a 222 will not fire on the supply plane.
    2) Relic does not want to have resource manipulation with no counters as stated in previous patch notes.
    3) On can chose the flight path of the plane by changing the flight path thus in some map shooting down the plane is almost impossible.

-I disagree with the first point, because I have seen sdkfz shooting planes.
    -Soo if relic does not want resource manipulation, why there's some german doctrine that throw supplies and the plane come from their base? Or I'm wrong? Or they fixed that?
    -Thanks for the 3rd point.

3 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,721
    edited May 2016

1) 222 was reported that will not fire on the plane but it will actually fire, there seem to be an issue with the animation. Yet the probability or being shot down by 222 seem to rather low even if the planes fly very close to the 222.

2) Soviet ability can be counter on the air but it can not be counter on the ground since the drop is in the base. Otheer ability can not be countered or the air but requires control of the recourse point and can be counter on the ground.

3) in addition otheer ability is actually buying resource the same way on can built cashes, while the soviet one is resources manipulation turning MU into Fuel.

3 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993

@Vipper said:
    1) 222 was reported that will not fire on the plane but it will actually fire, there seem to be an issue with the animation. Yet the probability or being shot down by 222 seem to rather low even if the planes fly very close to the 222.

NEVER FORGET 7.5% CHANCE OF SHOOTING DOWN PLANES.

But I never knew you can adjust Soviet Supply Drop Paths. Unless your joking....

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,780
    Fuel drop on lend lease and industry? I dont recall this ability, do you mean "100mu for firey explosion in your base"? I didnt realize it actually did anything else... Though it was one of the "immersive effect" abilities like molitovs used to be where you pay munitions for a flame visual...

But seriously I dont think the argument that Wehr drops are risky because they can be stolen when the Wehr are programed to hold the fuel already and lets be honest if you could just stroll in there and steal it they wouldnt control the fuel anyways...
    But unless you happen to capture the point before the first package falls the enemy will get SOMETHING no matter what. Sure it may be only 10 fuel which isnt that great by anymeans but 200mp for 10

Wher has the best defensive options (outside of the Brits, and thats only because of the bofors) and being able to blitz 50 fuel (OR 150MU) for the price of a cache can be game changing, where the Soviet pay 100mu (thats 3 mines, 4 at nades, almost 7 molitovs or 10 flares) for a CHANCE to receive LESS fuel