Retaining progression level?

4 years ago
comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948
edited May 2016 in War Spoils Open Beta

I noticed at the bottom of the loot bar at the player panel it looks like you keep the progression levels, is this true? I like knowing that a player has spent many hours playing up to lvl 300, like it or not, it is an indication of sorts that said player is unlikely to be a noob compared to a lvl 8.

Comments

4 years ago
    illequineillequine DublinPosts: 51
    edited May 2016

Yeah i'd kinda like to keep my prestige levels noticeable too. It's like wearing a uniform with stars & stripes on it as opposed to being in a boyscout uniform at level 1 with no prestige ranks.

Actually, what was the point in levels anyway? besides the prestige they're pretty useless. And yet still people play for XP, prolonging games to get moar kills.. makes no sense.

4 years ago

When the game was first released, bulletins, commanders and skins were unlockable by progression levels; the only other way to get stuff was to buy them via DLC. You couldn't unlock them anymore when War Spoils/ Western Front Armies was first released, but the progression level remained.

4 years ago
    OrcaOrca Posts: 74 admin

Yes you keep your level exactly as you mention.

4 years ago

Yeah but whats the point in having a level system now? it's pretty much defunct, the only purpose it serves is to show other players you have X amount of games played. Or is there another reason it's being kept in?

4 years ago
    edited May 2016

It's a vestigial feature yes, but like I said in OP it does give an indication that the player isn't new to the game if they're level 100 with three stars. And like I also said it's not an exact system- you can theoretically come across a guy that's got lvl 300 but still a total duffer at playing the game- but it's better than knowing nothing at all and having to ask everyone when they join lobby or the game starts.
    I believe it's there exactly to help players gauge other players' indicated experience with the game.

4 years ago

Yeah see that's what i was driving at - rather than having the level system (and i do like my 3 prestige stars and dont want to give them up either) which is used/abused (at least in co-op) to get more xp, and draw out short games into long needless ones. A win/lose ratio, or total games played would work better than the current vestigial level-up system.

4 years ago
    Doktor_SDoktor_S Posts: 134
    edited May 2016

@comrade_daelin said:
    I noticed at the bottom of the loot bar at the player panel it looks like you keep the progression levels, is this true? I like knowing that a player has spent many hours playing up to lvl 300, like it or not, it is an indication of sorts that said player is unlikely to be a noob compared to a lvl 8.

You would be suprised how many lvl 300 n00bs I have encountered... They can't pull off a single flank.

@illequine said:
    A win/lose ratio, or total games played would work better than the current vestigial level-up system.

Agreed, however W/L shouldnt mean much if you're in team games.

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.